Thread: Do you guys think the lock prices will increase on Helloween?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Do you guys think the lock prices will increase on Helloween?

It's my first time hoarding a bunch of these locks since I barely got into farming a couple weeks ago. Most of my friends say that it will, but some say that it will only increase if there is 2x chance at looting something good. What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Only if your friends are right TBH I think STS will (I hope) implement the same lock system as they did in Ursoth. That way we combine locks for a (Hallowed Lock) event lock which is worth like 10 times more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Only if your friends are right TBH I think STS will (I hope) implement the same lock system as they did in Ursoth. That way we combine locks for a (Hallowed Lock) event lock which is worth like 10 times more.
    Ah, I see. I've never heard of that before, lol. I hope it does happen. Btw, how many locks would you need to combine altogether to make 1 Event Lock? O:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ok if I say it will rise here, it won't
    Everyone's gonna hoard 'em n when it is Halloween, everyone's gonna sell 'em, which causes locked to drop again.
    So...up to you
    Oh..and, last time when it was double odds weekend, locked only went to 7k(highest 9k)
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pretty sure they will introduce new pets and items that will be available only thru crates therefore the crates may rise by 2k maybe i doubt it will increase dramatically unless 2x mythic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Too many locks being hoarded because not as many people opening them. The prices might increase some but I doubt they will hit 10 again without them being opened alot

Check out my suggestion http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=178666
    Locked crate weekend
    Last edited by j3peaz; 10-05-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Dbl post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Not many people willing to spend real cash on a 0.1% chance to loot any eventual new lollipop in crates, while also having exactly the same chance to loot a 150k pendant or outdated and useless pets and armors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I suppose hoarding now would seem a smart idea if sts put something new or different in locks down the line or for when it's double odds events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Imo locks still won't increase much because there are so many. People undercut in ah so much. They need a way to get rid of the locks people have hoarded before adding new items to make the price go up. That's y I suggested to make them open with gold before new items r added for a weekend. Crate gear is dirt cheap so it wouldn't hurt much. It would get rid of alot of gold too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

At the moment locked farming is not profitable due to luck lix price. So farming them with luck lix isn't worth it. Hopefully this means not many are being gained and hoarded of late.

If we have several Elondria chest making type events regularly, then perhaps that would help diminish the hoarded lockeds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

We definitely need another locked crafting event!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j3peaz View Post
    Imo locks still won't increase much because there are so many. People undercut in ah so much. They need a way to get rid of the locks people have hoarded before adding new items to make the price go up. That's y I suggested to make them open with gold before new items r added for a weekend. Crate gear is dirt cheap so it wouldn't hurt much. It would get rid of alot of gold too
    I actually saw your suggestion the first time, and while I didn't reply I also didn't think it was a great idea at the time. Upon further reflection however I think if implemented properly this does serve two very needed purposes.

1. Flushing Gold out of the system
    2. Flushing excess Lockeds out of the system.

I think STS may be leery of doing this however because there might not seem to be anything in it for them. That is the kicker as we need to make it worth their while. The other issue is how much would it cost to open them with gold and would we find that cost worth while.

Would any of us open a crate for between 30k and 60k gold? Based on current CS Plat conversion rates that is where the price would fall. Given the current cost benefit of crates I doubt many would be opened at that price.

What I would suggest is some sort of reduced odds when opening crates with Gold and make the price a little more viable. What if odds were cut in half and it cost folks 10k-15k to open. You might get more opening because they would generally get between 4k-6k gold back in the crates so the real cost ends up being 6k-9k at worst to open the crates. Folks that have no opportunity to open with Plat may go for this option even though the odds are significantly reduced and it would serve to flush some gold out of the game which is sorely needed.

Folks opening with plat would still have the same odds as today making that still a good option for Plat spenders.

Another option would be to make plat openers get double odds to current chances and give gold openers the same odds that current plat openers get.

I just don't know if STS thinks this is viable from a financial standpoint but something needs to be done to flush golds and lockeds out of AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post

I just don't know if STS thinks this is viable from a financial standpoint but something needs to be done to flush golds and lockeds out of AL.
    If no one Is opening now they don't help sts anyways, locks stay in stash and gold in the economy. By limiting to a weekend event it won't hurt to badly. Thanks for the support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    We already have locked crates that you can open with gold. They are the elite golden chests
    Ya.... not. You miss the point. I don't care for opening locks. This is to help the economy get back where it was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Even with new items there are so many people hoarding them that they will just undercut each other and kill any increase. Too much supply even with new items will kill any revenue. Get rid of the supple before new items and watch the the prices go up. As for the current items, the prices are already low so more supply won't hurt. People will open for the chance of arcanes or plat. When the supply of locks go down and new crate gear/mythics arrive the prices will go up. Not to mention the added benefit of a gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

locks locks locks...
    Fear is my second name...sometimes