Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Thumbs up The QUICK Level 10 Paladin Twink Guide

Name:  caztyri_ultimate_head.png
Views: 2295
Size:  77.4 KB

A lot of people have asked me to do a level 10 Paladin twink guide and since I’ve made a lot of experiments with the class at that level it is finally time to post the guide here on the forum. I am pretty sure this build, which seems to be the best due to my experience, won’t be what you’ve expected.

Compared to my other twink guides, which is in-depth, this one will be a bit different. This is a quick guide to present gear, build and how to play.

So, how good is a level 10 Paladin? Pretty good actually. I have beaten some level 15 Bear twinks, and that is a good measurement of how powerful this class can be.

If you haven't read my other twink guides, you can do it here:

Want to get in touch with me in-game?
    Level 10 Paladin IGN: Caztyri

Name:  content.png
Views: 1692
Size:  4.9 KB

1. Gear
    1.1 Helmet
    1.2 Armor
    1.3 Weapon
    1.4 Shield

2. Weapon Procs
    2.1 Fiendish Monkey's Paw

3. Base Stats

4. Skills

5. How To Play
    5.1 Against Warrior
    5.2 Against Enchantress
    5.3 Against Archer
    5.4 Against Paladin
    5.5 Against Ranger

Name:  1_gear.png
Views: 1709
Size:  4.9 KB

This section contains ALL the gear you need. Nothing more and nothing less. To be able to use the build presented in this guide, be sure to have all of this gear. As you will see, I won’t present any ring. This is due to you won’t be able to equip one with this build (see Base Stats section).

1.1 Helmet

Name:  mailhelmet.png
Views: 1681
Size:  11.5 KB Guru Chain Helm
    Base Req: Level 10, 32 Base Str
    Mean and mystical head-gear!
    5 Str, 5 Int, 1% Dodge, 3% Hit, 2% Crit, 2 H/s, 3 M/s, 6 Armor
    Bought from the Platinum Store as a part in Level 10 Paladin 4-Pack (35 Platinum) and Paladin Level 10 3-Pack (30 Platinum).

1.2 Weapon

Name:  staff.png
Views: 1678
Size:  11.6 KB Friendish Monkeys Paw
    Base Req: Level 10
    Zero wishes remaining…
    51-73 Damage, 1.2 Speed, 8 Int, 2% Dodge, 3% Hit, 1% Crit, 2 Armor
    Drop from the 2012 Halloween Event. Can be bought in CS.

Name:  axe.png
Views: 1667
Size:  11.7 KB Guru’s Premium War-Hammer
    A heavy two-handed axe!
    116-151 Damage, 1.3 Speed, 5 Str, 2 Int, 2% Dodge, 4% Hit, 2% Crit, 1 H/s
    Bought from the Platinum Store as a part in Paladin Level 10 3-Pack (30 Platinum).

1.3 Armor

Name:  clotharmor.png
Views: 1692
Size:  10.7 KB Alchemist’s Heavy Cloth Armor
    Base Req: Level 5, 22 Base Int
    Finely crafted cloth armor!
    7 Int, 6% Hit, 3% Crit, 6 M/s, 4 Armor
    Crafted from a rare recipe dropped from mobs in Forest Haven. Can also be bought in CS.

Name:  mailarmor.png
Views: 1689
Size:  11.8 KB Mail Armor of Greatness
    Mystical chain mail armor!
    5 Str, 2 Int, 1% Dodge, 3% Hit, 2 H/s, 2 Damage, 12 Armor
    Bought from the Platinum Store as a part in Level 10 Paladin 4-Pack (35 Platinum) and Paladin Level 10 3-Pack (30 Platinum).

1.4 Shield

Name:  shield.png
Views: 1926
Size:  11.5 KB Battle Shield of Legend
    A premium buckler!
    7 Str, 1% Dodge, 3% Hit, 2 H/s, 2 Damage, 10 Armor
    Bought from the Platinum Store as a part in Level 10 Warrior 4-Pack (35 Platinum) and Warrior Level 10 3-Pack (30 Platinum).

Name:  2_weaponprocs.png
Views: 1725
Size:  6.2 KB

NOTE: The proc chance may not be 100 % correct since I tested this out myself, but are in a close range.

2.1 Fiendish Monkey's Paw

Nightmare
    ~ 10 % Proc Chance
    -25 Armor and -10 Dodge, Stackable x2, Lasts for eight (8) seconds.

Name:  3_basestats.png
Views: 1774
Size:  5.9 KB

Base STR: 32 (Adds Health, H/s, Armor and Skill Damage)
    Base DEX: 1 (Adds Crit %, Hit %, DPS and Dodge %)
    Base INT: 22 (Adds Mana and M/s)

Comment: This is why you won’t be able to equip a ring with my build. The only type of ring you could be able to equip with high Armor (STR build) is the STR ones. These are actually pretty bad, and compared to be able to equip Alchemist’s Heavy Cloth Armor (22 INT) it is just not worth it. You will have more use of the M/s from Alchemist’s Heavy Cloth Armor than a ring at this level.

Name:  4_skills.png
Views: 1657
Size:  5.1 KB

• Charge (Rank 1)
    • Restore (Rank 6)
    • Redemption (Rank 1)
    • Brute Force (Rank 1)

Comment: This is the defense build I am using. You got two passive skills, Restore and Brute Force to buff +5 Armor and 2% Dodge, and two offensive, Charge and Redemption, as of you know combined creates the basic Paladin combo Charge + Redemption (Be sure to wait a moment between so the combo counts).

Name:  5_howtoplay.png
Views: 1681
Size:  5.5 KB

In this section, I will describe how to play against every class in Pocket Legends. In general, there is a few things you should know about the Paladin:

• Charge + Redemption lands a combo that doubles the damage of Redemption and at the same time heals you
    • Always use Brute Force as soon as cooldown is over
    • Restore breaks root and freeze

5.1 Against Warrior

Gear to use:
    • Guru Chain Helm
    • Friendish Monkeys Paw
    • Mail Armor of Greatness
    • Battle Shield of Legend

Against Warriors it’s important to have a good range. Always start with Brute Force as soon as you are in range of your opponent to hit you. As soon as the Warrior Stomps, Restore out of the stun if you are stunned and then, use Charge + Redemption for the combo. This will deal a nice damage and at the same time heal you. When you’re done with this try to gain range again, and if possible kite the Stomp. Repeat this pattern after every Stomp. Use Restore as soon as you need, but remember it is a good skill to break the Warriors stun.

5.2 Against Enchantress

Gear to use:
    • Guru Chain Helm
    • Friendish Monkeys Paw
    • Alchemist’s Heavy Cloth Armor

Against Enchantresses, I like to use Friendish Monkeys Paw since the Enchantress will freeze you. When you are freezed, you will still be able to deal damage with a range weapon. The trick against Enchantresses is to always Restore out of freeze and then Charge + Redemption. It is always good to land the combo directly after you cast Restore since you can’t be freezed again and risk to cast Charge while freezed. Try to stay close to your opponent all the time to be able to deal more damage with the Charge + Redemption Combo. This combo is also good to give you an extra heal against Enchantresses with high damage output.

5.3 Against Archer

Gear to use:
    • Guru Chain Helm
    • Friendish Monkeys Paw

The game style against Archers looks much like the one against Enchantresses. You should always use Restore to break Archers root. As soon as you have casted Restore out of it, go for the Charge + Redemption combo. Cast Restore as soon as you need and the Archer won’t be able to deal more damage than you can handle. Be sure to use Brute Force as soon as the cooldown is over. There is a trick to stay out of 4m range against Arhcers to prevent Avian Sream (stun) to hit you, but this will be hard since you have to land you combo which is a melee attack.

5.4 Against Paladin

Gear to use:
    • Guru Chain Helm
    • Guru’s Premium War-Hammer
    • Alchemist’s Heavy Cloth Armor

As the majority of the Paladins you will fight are going to be melee Paladins, you want to use Guru’s Premium War-Hammer to deal high damage. If you’re against another level 10 Paladin twink, this will be a fight about M/s, and therefore it’s important to use Alchemist’s Heavy Cloth Armor. Against Paladins, just keep your offensive skills on cooldown all the time. Don’t use Restore when you don’t have to, but just when your health is as low as you can heal (to conserve mana). A trick against Paladins is to cast Restore directly after your opponent used Charge on you. This will break your opponents chance to land a combo on you, and will decrease the damage output by half.

5.5 Against Ranger

Gear to use:
    • Guru Chain Helm
    • Guru’s Premium War-Hammer

Even if the Ranger uses range weapons or melee weapons, they rely on it’s melee skills. This means the Range want to stay close to you. We take advantage of this by use gear with high armor and Guru’s Premium War-Hammer to be able to deal high damage. Against Rangers, keep all your skills on cooldown all the time, and be sure to use Charge + Redemption for the combo.

Updates
    Are you unsure if the content is still relevant? Check the update notes below to see when I last updated the post.

EDIT 2014-10-07 Thread Created
    The guide got created.

Done in the latest edit:
    • Created the guide

Do you have a question?
    Just ask it in the comments below, or contact me in-game on Caztyri.

Did you like this guide?
    If so, please let me know in the comments below! Do you miss something in the guide,
    or should I make something different? Please let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Caztori; 10-07-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Check "Updates" in the bottom of this thread.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Caztori For This Useful Post: