Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bulwark's feedback - nerf nerf nerf more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Its pointless for wars to go into pvp with bulwark right now. For what? Just to support mages and rogues? Screw that. Even with max gear and arcane ring its hard me to get a single kill. Even against nonring users.
    The purpose of a tank is to take the damage so the damage dealing classes can do the killing. In any MMO this is how it is. So tank is a support class and even more so in this game because warriors have the best heal in this game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_(gaming)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1862691
    Its pointless for wars to go into pvp with bulwark right now. For what? Just to support mages and rogues? Screw that. Even with max gear and arcane ring its hard me to get a single kill. Even against nonring users.
    The purpose of a tank is to take the damage so the damage dealing classes can do the killing. In any MMO this is how it is. So tank is a support class and even more so in this game because warriors have the best heal in this game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_(gaming)
    I think most of us want to do dmg and get kills regardless of class. Because thats what most of us find rewarding and fun. Thats also why many probably dont use rally cry as their 4th skill. I dont think all mages like to be mana monkeys.

People always ask me thoughts on the classes about making a new endgame character and I tell them something like this.

Rogue
    Pvp good pve good

Mage
    Pvp bad pve good

Warrior
    Pvp good pve bad

Now it feels
    Warrior
    Pvp bad pve bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The only thing I hear here is that it's tanking weapon and that tanks just tank... don't kill, just support.
    Well, for smart mages, I want to state that your class was originally designed as support class as well... but you can spec to be pure dps, you were given very good weapon and possibilities to deal damage and kill.
    Please tell me how long warriors must wait for weapon that works in PVP as well? Another year? Coz glaive was released long time ago and if I suppose to wait again one year for another 'glaive' I must say that it's ain't gonna happend, I'll quit the game faster... I don't play elites as there's no point at all due to lack of any drop, thou possibilities to earn. What can you do on end-game? one of hardest aps is PVP ap so please tell me how many years I have to stay at PVP to get them coz now again warriors can't kill anything... STS scams players very brutally must admit. Why do you always listen to mage class as if it was some point to start with?
    Warrior lack of damage was always a problem which was fixed... before you debuffed the weapon! This mythic isn't mythic anymore, just conquistador with better armor, that's all...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Swardix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I think most of us want to do dmg and get kills regardless of class. Because thats what most of us find rewarding and fun. Thats also why many probably dont use rally cry as their 4th skill. I dont think all mages like to be mana monkeys.
    The real problem is that all achievements and lb are individualized based on number of kills. So the only thing that matters is how many kills you get. This is another broken by design feature. If they only recorded how many team wins you got then things would be different. It's more rewarding when your team wins. That's how PvP should have been designed and played.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

[QUOTE=Ravager;1862765]i dont think all mages like to be mana monkeys.

I'm laughing so hard coz of this, btw its true!!
    Last edited by Ach; 10-10-2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: bad idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Making changes that influence the economy is not cool. It was a mistake with Singe-Nekro fiasco; it is a mistake now.

As customers, when can we expect this to stop? I'm tired of having to guess what will happen based on the amount of cry that goes on forums.

One thing that developers do not take into account is a lot of the complaints come from under geared players or those who lack knowledge to properly overcome their obstacles.

The bulwark - should it have been nerfed? IMO, no. It's easy to know when to stop attacking. You can't help if players do not utilize the amazing in game particle effects as clues to how their gameplay should be. The issue was and has always been sorcerers. This is really just a cheap fix/band-aid for class balance. The question is: is it really cheap when it comes to the amount of players that you anger?

At least with Singe fiasco, STG gave Singe owners a bone so the prices did not come crashing down. However, in the current state, I dare say the bulwark may be just as bad as it was to begin with.

If warriors can beat sorcerers with weapons 3-4 seasons old - that shows the inherent flaws of the sorcerer class. It does not mean a weapon is OP just because warriors get a well deserved update.

Toss bulwark users a bone here...because right now, you just burned all the tank users in the game that have been using bulwark. It was actually nice to see tanks wearing sword/shield. I guess now, however, that is a thing of the past.
    Lemme know what you think, Rav.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    TBH I think the debuff on the curse was the wrong call, not because the weapon is now completely useless in PvP but because it's worse then before at PvE! IMO This weapon shouldn't even be used for endgame PvP, it's a tanking weapon which means low DPS, average if not slightly below average DMG and HIGH HP and Armor. With a co responding proc which helps it's tankyness.

The Vigilant Pavise is a perfect example of said weapon, it was the best tanking weapon for all of S4 and still the best through S5. The proc it possessed was great for PvE but was unusable in PvP. Why the Bulwark didn't follow suit and be a purely PvE weapon is unknown, personally I really wonder what the devs were thinking. Warriors shouldn't complain and instead be patient for the next PvP weapon next year, this weapon will have the upper hand as apposed to the previous generation of Mage and Rogue PvP Mythic because it is as obviously pointed out, 5 levels ahead.
    The changes reflected in PvP only, PvE remains the same as before.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Cara, it's a cheap fix & slap in the face to your customers for a far more serious issue. I understand the 100% charge in PvP was a glitch but if you could please fix this to a more reasonable outcome, I am sure many would appreciate the gesture!
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-10-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Who cares about Pve? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1863110
    Cara, it's a cheap fix & slap in the face to your customers for a far more serious issue. I understand the 100% charge in PvP was a glitch but if you could please fix this to a more reasonable outcome, I am sure many would appreciate the gesture!
    I agree. Another question. How many people would rejoice on my team if I chose conquerors wall vs magmatic claymore when running elite? People want the item that will dish out more overall damage. Similar qualities apply in pvp.

Falmear stated it boils down to lb statistics as well. I agree. If wars are only supposed to heal then we wouldn't get the 5% dmg increase in pvp.

We shouldnt have to debate whether a 41 mythic is better than a 36 mythic. It should be just better. Even if its a little better. Many wars are in my position where they think "oh I used all my money on a 41 mythic weapon. Dont have any more money. The value has dropped. Cant sell it now. Now I dont have a good pvp weapon anymore." This is why barzagli went as far as saying he felt scanmed by sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

nice video couldn't help but....maybe there is hope..maybe not for the weapon..but meh...
    Im on a video rampage so look at other topics..theres a video for that..im sure

Last edited by octavos; 10-10-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

on 46. lvl new mythic warr wpn will be none and mage be happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Table View Post
    If there are lv 46 myths, for mages it would be another toy stick. I don't see any happiness in that.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback. We'll keep an eye on things over the weekend and reassess the bulwark changes early next week. I'll keep you posted.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback. We'll keep an eye on things over the weekend and reassess the bulwark changes early next week. I'll keep you posted.
    Take into consideration: get rid of curse on bulwark, think of something else (-50% crit, -25% armor).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1863320
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Table View Post
    If there are lv 46 myths, for mages it would be another toy stick. I don't see any happiness in that.
    But you will post and try to make it better. They dont play as much as we do and that's why we are trying to voice our opinions to correct the current state of things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Take into consideration: get rid of curse on bulwark, think of something else (-50% crit, -25% armor).
    -50% crit is useless due to feeble. Please do not take that post into consideration, lol.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If STS could have just looked at the feedback in the weapon during the beta server they wouldnt be redoing this weapon over and over again. It takes time that should have been used for other issues that needed to be fixed. If there wss an annoincement prior to the nerf this could have been slightly avoided.

I hope you guys can re read the feedback about tjis weapon suring the beta test server.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Oh, so the Proc has two sides... PvE and PvP. Interesting....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Phew PVE... no one takes warriors now on elite pve runs due to their snail like pace and mob scaling issues. (Eg, map appears more difficult compared to warrior-less runs)