Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bulwark's feedback - nerf nerf nerf more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

If you want a tank to tank stand there to take the damages, please consider to put 100% HoR proc ( with no shield ) when charging normal attack. HoR is Warrior skill btw or 100% proc to heal 25% of your HP when charging.
    Last edited by Froxanthar; 10-10-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Can we just simply make mages not curseable when they have someone under their curse.

Or make mages with shield bounce away when they get hit by a charged attack as long as they have that skill upgrade (forgot the name). If that's not good enough, every time they bounce, give them extra armor like a proc effect that will last certain amount of time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by barzagli View Post
    The dumbest part of it, don't change em since the beginning.. so we don't have to lose gold just to adapt the situation the dev made us. Now what? no gold and we're stuck with a stick to play?? might as well get scam in the beginning than toying around.
    100 percent agree. If you release that wep noob. We will just ignore that wep. But sts upgrade bulk so we bought it around 17m up full grand now it cost 12-15m.. Stop back and forth your waisting people's gold as if you will refund theyre golds . Whats the point of TEST SERVER? sts.... Hays

Sorry for my bad english btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Class balance talk aside

Lets look at the weapon
    The Bulwark gives huge armor and health boosts and very low damage.....
    Look at the stats on the weapon, examine them well
    Everybody compared their stats between bulwark and other weapons???? good now lets move on

Well ladies and gentleman i can personally tell you after weeks and months of staring at those stats
    I have come to a conclusion.

THIS WEAPON IS A DEFENSIVE WEAPON NOT AN OFFENSIVE ONE

Perhaps in the future AL will see another weapon for warriors with higher damage
    Fact of the matter is this weapon is not that
    It never was
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Class balance talk aside

Lets look at the weapon
    The Bulwark gives huge armor and health boosts and very low damage.....
    Look at the stats on the weapon, examine them well
    Everybody compared their stats between bulwark and other weapons???? good now lets move on

Well ladies and gentleman i can personally tell you after weeks and months of staring at those stats
    I have come to a conclusion.

THIS WEAPON IS A DEFENSIVE WEAPON NOT AN OFFENSIVE ONE

Perhaps in the future AL will see another weapon for warriors with higher damage
    Fact of the matter is this weapon is not that
    It never was
    We know, and u seemed to sooo bright. The problem is why does STS change it as an offensive weapon in ctf when nerfing it. The problem is sts. Otherwise we wont change maul to bulwark in pvp. Even use these in an official pvp tournaments, which means they won't nerf it back to a toy stick like now.

This weapon is useless since it was launch, nerf em change everything. Now back to useless and we lost a lot of gold to get it.

I think sts shud planned carefully as a professional company, not like amateur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barzagli View Post
    We know, and u seemed to sooo bright. The problem is why does STS change it as an offensive weapon in ctf when nerfing it. The problem is sts. Otherwise we wont change maul to bulwark in pvp. Even use these in an official pvp tournaments, which means they won't nerf it back to a toy stick like now.

This weapon is useless since it was launch, nerf em change everything. Now back to useless and we lost a lot of gold to get it.

I think sts shud planned carefully as a professional company, not like amateur.

They never made it an offensive weapon....what happened was when they buffed the weapon,there was an oversight.....the oversight was leaving a 100% proc rate for curse in pvp instead of only 100% proc rate in pve.

Under no circumstances does that make it an offensive weapon, what it did was make it a glitched weapon.....

Imo warriors still did squat for damage on every attack except one, a charged normal attack which was giving warriors the ability
    to kill a mage with one charged normal attack!!!!!

Even rogues cant do that and we all know rogues are famous for 1 shotting mages.
    With that said how could this weapon not possibly be nerfed.......of course it had to be.

A normal attack should never be stronger than an attack from one of your skills........the curse was.

Rem said they will reassess the changes next week we shall see but quite honestly none of this changes the fact that this weapon was never meant as an offensive weapon. And I would be suprised if it is ever a viable option in pvp, matter of fact i was suprised when it was.

I truly am shocked though that more people did not see the writing on the wall. Stats dont lie and sts's favorite weapon is the nerf hammer.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 10-20-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

u are right XD,, the lost gold is the buyer,, the merchant player vary happy earn a lot gold from OP bulwark before become BULWEAK.
    u dont know the feeling lost a million gold just for this nerf weapon. where to farm now? elite caves? arena? KM3 locked? the lost of gold at least can buy new item on next event!

oh my english!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Not everyone lost gold

For every person that lost gold someone else made gold

They never made it an offensive weapon....what happened was when they buffed the weapon,there was an oversight.....the oversight was leaving a 100% proc rate for curse in pvp instead of only 100% proc rate in pve.

Under no circumstances does that make it an offensive weapon, what it did was make it a glitched weapon.....

Imo warriors still did squat for damage on every attack except one, a charged normal attack which was giving warriors the ability

Even rogues cant do that and we all know rogues are famous for 1 shotting mages.
    With that said how could this weapon not possibly be nerfed.......of course it had to be.

A normal attack should never be stronger than an attack from one of your skills........the curse was.

Rem said they will reassess the changes next week we shall see but quite honestly none of this changes the fact that this weapon was never meant as an offensive weapon. And I would be suprised if it is ever a viable option in pvp, matter of fact i was suprised when it was.

I truly am shocked though that more people did not see the writing on the wall. Stats dont lie and sts's favorite weapon is the nerf hammer.
    Whatever, it's a fail product so sell to tour customer. Idc about mage and warrior or rogue. The thing is you should not sell a fail product and make your customer lose money.

For bulwark is too op, i agreed, but they shud fix it immediately not more than a week. I beat a mauler with arcane ring and a rogue with elon bow 2vs1 using bulwark xp. Like I said i don't have problem with mage or rogue or anyone, its just sts policies bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

only ones happy about the nerf are rogues n Mages lol warriors need to kill for that warmonger ap too ,so yea we need kills not just stand there spamming horn while everyone else gets trigger happy watching us heal them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Not everyone lost gold

For every person that lost gold someone else made gold

Your view was very different when they had ''nerfed'' the maul.

Yes, it is a defensive weapon but how is it fair for warriors to get the short end of the stick every other season? They need a reason to play - just like anyone. Releasing a product knowing that it will not be high in demand is not a wise move on STG's part. However, when they made it a viable weapon in day to day play - THAT was a wise move.

The only thing that was left for them to do was to buff the sorcerer class.

Now, it's 2 steps forward 1 step backward scenario.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Your view was very different when they had ''nerfed'' the maul.

Yes, it is a defensive weapon but how is it fair for warriors to get the short end of the stick every other season? They need a reason to play - just like anyone. Releasing a product knowing that it will not be high in demand is not a wise move on STG's part. However, when they made it a viable weapon in day to day play - THAT was a wise move.

The only thing that was left for them to do was to buff the sorcerer class.

Now, it's 2 steps forward 1 step backward scenario.
    Well maul was never actually nerfed.....they just made it so that the stun immunity rule applies.

Which for the sake of class balance was the right thing 2 do, i just was flabbergasted that they waited a year and a half to do it.
    It was completely unexpected and also at first i thought they had actually nerfed the maul....which they did not.

I do agree that making a defensive weapon was a bad desicion made by the devs, Warriors dont want a defensive weapon unless there is actually something of great value to be farmed otherwise its a no go.

Most warriors(all warriors who pvp) want a weapon with more damage, not more defense.
    But thats not the type of weapon they released tho is it.

Besides all that zeus, Do you honestly think it was a good buff to have a normal attack do more damage than any of warriors skills do.
    Probably more damage than an entire warrior combo could do put together.
    The normal attack was so powerful it could literally kill a mage with 1 swipe.

Personally i think it was an overpowered auto attack that needed to go.
    Keep in mind i have been on both sides of the bulwark, using it on my warrior in pvp and also playing against it in pvp on my mage.

When instant first made his thread about the curse being ridiculously overpowered i was against nerfing the bulwark....
    I said NOOOOO it just got buffed dont nerf it, however after playing pvp on both sides of the bulwark i changed my mind and said
    yes this weapons auto attack is way 2 overpowered and it deserves a nerf.

As my final statement i will ask you 2 questions zeus
    #1 Did you personally try the bulwark in pvp as a warrior?
    #2 Did you personally fight against the bulwark in pvp as a mage?

Because i did and thats how i came to my conclusion.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    People just cry because they can't find a way to overcome an obstacle
    Dismissing the reality that mages bear all the brunt of the PvP imbalance isn't at all helpful. Mages get the lowest number of kills, yet receive the highest number of deaths and you're ok with that? Warriors themselves are nearly impossible for most mages (equally geared) to kill 1v1. Add the bulwark to the mix and it's even less possible. Since EVERY character is officially judged by their individual kdr, don't give me the drivel that mages are support, for PvE, great in clashes, blah, blah, blah.

"People just cry," but do you really have any clue whatsoever what it's like to face a warrior in PvP with a mage as your main? As a warrior, the PvP imbalance favors you and so does an OP Bulwark, so forgive me if I don't take your statement seriously.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Making changes that influence the economy is not cool. It was a mistake with Singe-Nekro fiasco; it is a mistake now.

As customers, when can we expect this to stop? I'm tired of having to guess what will happen based on the amount of cry that goes on forums.

One thing that developers do not take into account is a lot of the complaints come from under geared players or those who lack knowledge to properly overcome their obstacles.

The bulwark - should it have been nerfed? IMO, no. It's easy to know when to stop attacking. You can't help if players do not utilize the amazing in game particle effects as clues to how their gameplay should be. The issue was and has always been sorcerers. This is really just a cheap fix/band-aid for class balance. The question is: is it really cheap when it comes to the amount of players that you anger?

At least with Singe fiasco, STG gave Singe owners a bone so the prices did not come crashing down. However, in the current state, I dare say the bulwark may be just as bad as it was to begin with.

If warriors can beat sorcerers with weapons 3-4 seasons old - that shows the inherent flaws of the sorcerer class. It does not mean a weapon is OP just because warriors get a well deserved update.

Toss bulwark users a bone here...because right now, you just burned all the tank users in the game that have been using bulwark. It was actually nice to see tanks wearing sword/shield. I guess now, however, that is a thing of the past.
    Lemme know what you think, Rav.
    Well said Zeus.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Well maul was never actually nerfed.....they just made it so that the stun immunity rule applies.

Which for the sake of class balance was the right thing 2 do, i just was flabbergasted that they waited a year and a half to do it.
    It was completely unexpected and also at first i thought they had actually nerfed the maul....which they did not.

I do agree that making a defensive weapon was a bad desicion made by the devs, Warriors dont want a defensive weapon unless there is actually something of great value to be farmed otherwise its a no go.

Most warriors(all warriors who pvp) want a weapon with more damage, not more defense.
    But thats not the type of weapon they released tho is it.

Besides all that zeus, Do you honestly think it was a good buff to have a normal attack do more damage than any of warriors skills do.
    Probably more damage than an entire warrior combo could do put together.
    The normal attack was so powerful it could literally kill a mage with 1 swipe.

Personally i think it was an overpowered auto attack that needed to go.
    Keep in mind i have been on both sides of the bulwark, using it on my warrior in pvp and also playing against it in pvp on my mage.

When instant first made his thread about the curse being ridiculously overpowered i was against nerfing the bulwark....
    I said NOOOOO it just got buffed dont nerf it, however after playing pvp on both sides of the bulwark i changed my mind and said
    yes this weapons auto attack is way 2 overpowered and it deserves a nerf.

As my final statement i will ask you 2 questions zeus
    #1 Did you personally try the bulwark in pvp as a warrior?
    #2 Did you personally fight against the bulwark in pvp as a mage?

Because i did and thats how i came to my conclusion.
    I have fought against the bulwark in PvP as a rogue - it can be just as deadly to me if I am cursed. I have seen countless rogues succumb to the curse because they blindly attack. However, if I am paying attention - it is not an overpowered weapon. At the very least, it should have around an 80% proc rate. The way it is right makes it very useless.

Also, I say ''nerfed'' because the maul was never ''nerfed''. From what I have noticed, it is still able to stunlock just as the gun proc can root through jugg & razor shield. It does not seem like anything was fixed. Additionally, I have tried to activate razor shield after being rooted and razor did not free me either. So, I do not know what STG did but nothing happened to the gun or the maul.

Isn't it a bit unreasonable that warriors are forced to use season old weapons just because sorcerers are an underpowered class?

To your questions, I counter:

1. Did you personally try to fight against the bulwark in PvP as a rogue?
    2. Did you win? What was your experience?

As a rogue, if you have, you will have noticed that it did not make a tank OP but merely balanced things. As a mage, even a magmatic blade of will is considered OP. Thus, it is not the weapon in itself which is OP but the inherent flaws of the sorcerer class coupled with releases of better weapons.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I do not play rogue class, never really liked it. My experience with rogues is minimal at best.
    So it would be unfair of me to make any comments from a rogue perspective.

But i do stand behind the conclusions i have come to based upon my experiences playing as a warrior and also as a mage.

Sts has A LOT of work to do while redoing skills and class balancing this much i am sure of.
    While reevaluating class balance they might want to reconsider the effectiveness of defensive weapons in this game.....

Have you ever noticed that when a warrior is in your party, for pve the mobs basically double in health or at least it feels that way.
    At this point i dont think it is any one classes fault.......all 3 classes need to be reevaluated.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The changes reflected in PvP only, PvE remains the same as before.
    Now who wants to pay millions or open up an elondrian locked crate for a chance to get a PVE weapon? Lmao!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

the inherent flaws of the sorcerer class
    Repost. Maybe someone will read this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Have you ever noticed that when a warrior is in your party, for pve the mobs basically double in health or at least it feels that way.
    This is something that we've been attempting to work out the mechanics on. Haven't been able to nail down exactly what difference is, since there are just so many variables involved. You are right though, it's way way harder with a warrior than with a pure DPS team, and this is nothing to do with the warriors having less dps. The mobs both hit harder and are much much harder to kill. I die over twice as much when running with a warrior, even the top warriors in the game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

all this nerfed bulwark talk is making everyone forget that bulwarks were the only ones killing ring rogues ,and now ring rogues dominate pvp once again lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

How about the mage twinks? D: they are getting toyed out there lol. No? Okie .