Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To STS: regarding the planar arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default To STS: regarding the planar arena.

Dear STS,

For the past week, I have been running arena for times / entertainment, and saving the chests dropped at the end of each completed run. I just opened them all at once and would like to share the results.

Out of 30 elite arena chests, the loot was as follows:

56 epic items
    2 planar rogue helms (with 31 and 43 less damage than level 36 mythics)
    1 architect item worth 40k.
    1 architect item worth 5k.

Even with the optimistic view that anyone will actually buy the 2 rogue items, the maximum earnable by these 4 legendary items is 150k.

Costs to get each chest:
    Each arena run with 4 bosses uses an average of 4k worth of potions for a rogue, depending on their gear and how strong the party is. This is more for mages and possibly less for warriors, so I will use it as an average.

Unless you're doing pure runs, even with the best team you'll use a minimum of 2 ankhs (usually closer to 5 even with maxed gear). This can escalate extremely fast if you get caught in a ferrix poison death loop, or bloodhammer decides you're his new fave punching bag. I've used up to 15 ankhs on a single run with arcane ring and sam.

25 ankhs currently costs close to 75k in the CS.

So at minimum, we are looking at 10k spent for each 4-boss run for a top geared player. For anyone without top gear or with a lesser geared team, this number is increased.

Calculated average
    For 30 runs, the numbers above work out to 300k spent, for loot that will bring in an absolute maximum of 150k, minus listing fees.

This kind of severe lack of quality in loot and item stats is what is making the game fail and forcing players to look for other entertainment options. We are wearing the same gear we got a year and a half ago, and the best and newest items to farm are over 30 damage lower in stats!!! Why even bother releasing this stuff? No offense, but it is utterly useless.

Request
    Please give us something to farm for that will be better than the old mythics. Please give us something that will make it worth our while to play for. Time is money, and spending twice as much as you can possibly make back is NOT anyone's idea of a good time.

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-11-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Nice math!!
    Lol I haven't even run one time cuz I'm not here to farm and lose money
    Plus, not a lot of people are buying those pinks
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Agreed 100%!
    I like to run the arena! It's challenging, aesthetically pleasing, and required communication among your party. I'd run the arena all day if I could, however I can't because of the fact that I can't afford to spend all my in game/IRL cash to farm something that will never return even the slightest profit. A lot of people I knew from elite/pve guilds were looking forward to the arena as it would give them something to farm again, seeing as elites are dead atm (another problem Imo). But, 90% of elite runners just sit around or lol@pvp now because arena has no plausible loot to farm for.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

After 200+ completed arena runs, I am done with the arena.

When STS said Fossils will drop here, I thought it was great. Sure it is tough, but at least you could legitimately work your way into a high value arcane item.

But now, with Fossils non-existent out of literally thousands of opened arena chests (from a bunch of players I know that have opened as many as I have), plus the fact that Vials are equally non-existent, STS couldn't have trolled us elite farmers any worse with the possibility of Nekro. I mean, what avid elite runner doesn't have the Nekro recipe?

So, other than deaths, what does the arena give you with any regularity? Epic trash and lots and lots of Shade, Noble and Architect gear. The worst trolling is this same junk Legendary popping out of arena chests.

Well done, the Arena looks great, but I won't be going back in...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I'd also like to note that the calculations provided only account for completed runs.

It often takes 2 or 3 attempts at a boss set (or remaps) for a party to actually complete a run. This is fine. It's actually awesome because it's a big challenge for us to sink our teeth into. However, given the difficulty level and cost of the battles, the reward needs to reflect that.

Risk and Reward MUST balance each other in any given situation. We have great risk, but absolutely no reward. This is the issue with all high elites currently, but arena is the most major issue of them all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Dear STS,

For the past week, I have been running arena for times / entertainment, and saving the chests dropped at the end of each completed run. I just opened them all at once and would like to share the results.

Out of 30 elite arena chests, the loot was as follows:

56 epic items
    2 planar rogue helms (with 31 and 43 less damage than level 36 mythics)
    1 architect item worth 40k.
    1 architect item worth 5k.

Even with the optimistic view that anyone will actually buy the 2 rogue items, the maximum earnable by these 4 legendary items is 150k.

Costs to get each chest:
    Each arena run with 4 bosses uses an average of 4k worth of potions for a rogue, depending on their gear and how strong the party is. This is more for mages and possibly less for warriors, so I will use it as an average.

Unless you're doing pure runs, even with the best team you'll use a minimum of 2 ankhs (usually closer to 5 even with maxed gear). This can escalate extremely fast if you get caught in a ferrix poison death loop, or bloodhammer decides you're his new fave punching bag. I've used up to 15 ankhs on a single run with arcane ring and sam.

25 ankhs currently costs close to 75k in the CS.

So at minimum, we are looking at 10k spent for each 4-boss run for a top geared player. For anyone without top gear or with a lesser geared team, this number is increased.

Calculated average
    For 30 runs, the numbers above work out to 300k spent, for loot that will bring in an absolute maximum of 150k, minus listing fees.

This kind of severe lack of quality in loot and item stats is what is making the game fail and forcing players to look for other entertainment options. We are wearing the same gear we got a year and a half ago, and the best and newest items to farm are over 30 damage lower in stats!!! Why even bother releasing this stuff? No offense, but it is utterly useless.

Request
    Please give us something to farm for that will be better than the old mythics. Please give us something that will make it worth our while to play for. Time is money, and spending twice as much as you can possibly make back is NOT anyone's idea of a good time.

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.
    I totally agree with you
    Soon there will be an entirely "farmable" mythic pendant....lets hope its not nekro #2

With that said, i had already figured out in the first week arena was relesead it was nothing more than a gold sink.... dont waste your time and gold.
    or do if its fun 2 play there for you, that is ultimately what this games suppose 2 be........fun.

But as much fun as running the maps in this game are, ultimately its even more fun when/if you drop an item of actual value.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 10-11-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes we just want to make a little gold off arena, we all knew fossil was a joke. They need to fix the loot, it's really a shame because the arena is fun and they spent all the time making it plus hosting the test server. It's a dead zone in the game. Our guild held a Contest in arena with a prize of ab egg to encourage people to run it, and only one person entered the contest. My solutions:
    1.improve stats on planar making them just slightly less than mythics
    2. Slightly increase fossil rate
    3. Add one more item in the arena chests like rare vanity or egg
    4. Allow planar to drop from bosses 1-3.
    5.Remove shade and architect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Just another usefull post that will be ignored by sts.
    Why bother posting. Find new titles to play..

It matters not whether you look like a beast, but that you fight like one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

First time i agree with serancha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm surprised players are actually ruining the planar arena. It doesn't take a mathematician to figure it's not worth the time or gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yes we just want to make a little gold off arena, we all knew fossil was a joke. They need to fix the loot, it's really a shame because the arena is fun and they spent all the time making it plus hosting the test server. It's a dead zone in the game. Our guild held a Contest in arena with a prize of ab egg to encourage people to run it, and only one person entered the contest. My solutions:
    1.improve stats on planar making them just slightly less than mythics
    2. Slightly increase fossil rate
    3. Add one more item in the arena chests like rare vanity or egg
    4. Allow planar to drop from bosses 1-3.
    5.Remove shade and architect
    Why less than mythics??. Level 36 Mythics should be totally obsolete by now. They are ao far past their expiry date, they're practically falling apart.

Make something better so people have a reason to farm. If there's nothing better, people have nothing to work for, they get bored, and that's why the game is plagued with drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

The bottom line is this :

The old arena gave better loot in that you could get elite golden chests which had the opportunity to give better loot. Whoever came up with the solution of unique soul bound chests that gives loot of worse quality (from seasons ago - don't get me started on NOBLE gear popping out of the chests) wasn't thinking the solution through properly. Old arena was better for loot and... hey guess what... you could get arcane items with larger frequency there. There was, and is, no reason to soul bind a chest because there is a infinitesimally small percentage of getting an arcane item. You could get those items before with chests from arena and if you aren't a gambler, which I'm not, you could sell them on auction.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Why less than mythics??. Level 36 Mythics should be totally obsolete by now. They are ao far past their expiry date, they're practically falling apart.

Make something better so people have a reason to farm. If there's nothing better, people have nothing to work for, they get bored, and that's why the game is plagued with drama.
    People already bought mythics, they are gonna get burned when they lose their money. STS didn't think it through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The bottom line is this :

The old arena gave better loot in that you could get elite golden chests which had the opportunity to give better loot. Whoever came up with the solution of unique soul bound chests that gives loot of worse quality (from seasons ago - don't get me started on NOBLE gear popping out of the chests) wasn't thinking the solution through properly. Old arena was better for loot and... hey guess what... you could get arcane items with larger frequency there. There was, and is, no reason to soul bind a chest because there is a infinitesimally small percentage of getting an arcane item. You could get those items before with chests from arena and if you aren't a gambler, which I'm not, you could sell them on auction. -jex

100% agreed. I think they should make those chests tradeable and give it a chance to drop rather than dropping everytime arena ends. Much like new locked crates. Also and ofcourse increase chance of arcane loot.
    Heck they could even introduce new mythic armor in that for all i care. Just make it worth the farming.

It matters not whether you look like a beast, but that you fight like one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    People already bought mythics, they are gonna get burned when they lose their money. STS didn't think it through
    People have been buying the same mythics for FIVE SEASONS. It's time to get rid of them and put in something new. You're not still using the same weapon you used at the 26 cap. Why should you be using the same helm?

The argument that people already bought mythics is not even valid. Car companies don't "not" release a new model because everyone bought last year's, do they?

They've released 2 arcane pets in the last 4 months, but no useable gear? Something is totally backwards.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-11-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

idk why STS releases new stuff to when the old stuff is garbage and full of
    if you don't balance the classes asap (there is no balance for over a year), your game will die.
    time to find another game to play
    bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

People have been buying the same mythics for FIVE SEASONS. It's time to get rid of them and put in something new. You're not still using the same weapon you used at the 26 cap. Why should you be using the same helm?

The argument that people already bought mythics is not even valid. Car companies don't "not" release a new model because everyone bought last year's, do they?

They've released 2 arcane pets in the last 4 months, but no useable gear? Something is totally backwards.
    But people know that people release cars the next year. Those mythic armors costed a ton at one point, so lots of people would be mad losing their money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

The new Mythic Amulet is elite based only so it should be something pretty interesting to fight for! But that being said, if we have to slave away at the Arena of if the Tombs are equally as bad, spending millions of gold on Ankhs, Potions etc. (This is based on your stats that 30 runs=300k roughly, and presuming it would take more then 30 runs to get this) then I personally wouldn't consider this amulet worth it if I can just wait next season for an item equally if not better then this for much cheaper?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    But people know that people release cars the next year. Those mythic armors costed a ton at one point, so lots of people would be mad losing their money
    Lol if set was 6m then STS gonna have 6m $ less in their account if they change them and make old ones unuseful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    Lol if set was 6m then STS gonna have 6m $ less in their account if they change them and make old ones unuseful.
    A mythic set is currently about 1.6m. This is NOT a reason not to release better gear, when this stuff has been out forever. How is the game supposed to progress if you guys want to keep the same gear for a lifetime? What does that leave anyone to work for?