Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warriors in clash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm new to pvp at Endgame and sometimes will join in random clashes. My idea of wars being in a clash is to heal, and aim for the back line of the enemy but I end up failing my team. Of course when war dies whole team dies usually.

I would like to get some advice and tips.
    Anything is appreciated.
    Last edited by Hioarasi; 10-16-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hioarasi View Post
    I'm new to pvp and sometimes will join in random clashes. My idea of wars being in a clash is to heal, and aim for the back line of the enemy but I end up failing my team. Of course when war dies whole team dies usually.

I would like to get some advice and tips.
    Anything is appreciated.
    Hi! So firstly, I would recommend leaving your twinking bracket in the op so we can give more detailed responses!
    Ok, so...my tank skills are rusty but I always recommend saving your heals for emergencies.
    My definition of an emergency is when your team is dying fast or rogues/Mages are receiving way too much damage.
    Most warriors just heal whenever the cd is over, but they don't think about whether their team needs the heal or not!
    I also recommend getting 4/5 heal (excluding the taunting effect) so as to provide maximum coverage and healing power for your team
    Also, always make sure you can heal your whole team when you do heal, as if some rogues get left behind without heal, they're likely to die if they don't make it to their packs in time.
    And lastly....arrange a healing pattern with the other tank in your pt to maximize the amount of HOT and the frequency of the invulnerability of the HoR's shield. (I remember it was something like, Tank 1 heals -> tank 2 heals after 4 seconds)

So...healing is over, whew

As for attacking, personally as a rogue, I love it when my tanks know how to charge for the back line and provide no safe haven for opposing rogues and mages. This makes it a lot easier for us to get rid of them
    However, when you charge towards the back, make sure another tank is there to heal the rest of the team left stranded at the original spot or you'll just doom your whole team. >_<

Hmm...what else...oh yea, I recommend paying more attention to your team's health bar rather than the enemies and the clash.

~tips from a lvl 15 tank 1 year ago xD

Good luck!

Check out our Youtube Channel in my sigpic and our guild thread here!
    Til It's Gone... [RETIRED]

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaeriu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Oh right I forgot lol I'm pvping at endgame. Thank you so much for your advice I will work on these

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Oh right I forgot lol I'm pvping at endgame. Thank you so much for your advice I will work on these
    Oh endgame ....it's hectic there xD.
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeriu View Post
    Oh endgame ....it's hectic there xD.
    I
    Yes it is lol its hard when not as geared as others but still fun. ive met some cool people so far as well

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Warrior perspective:
    Pvp at endgame is a whole nutha ballgame. BTW, Great writeup Vaeriu!
    Endgame TDM works a little different with some of the same principles. First of all, IF YOU ARENT GEARED YOUR TEAM BETTER BE! Things happen real fast. A lot of arcane rogues etc running around with SNS, Sam, , Nekro etc.. Super OP crowd! I think im around 7800HP w/ Jugg active and I still get one shot by Zeus.

First, I think the biggest bit of advice I can give (especially when you are running with random PUGS) is know your opposition! If you dont know the attributes of your own team, you better damwell know who is on the other team. Because some teams can run around and killyoazz without you even seeing them. Just my 2c

Second, make sure you are working with the right skill set. I see some warriors using really inefficient skills when in PVP. At endgame PVP you HAVE TO HAVE JUGG! No question

Third, I would lean towards a higher DMG/DPS/ARMOR build. You can sacrafice a little in HP and STR here. But generally speaking you better be over 400 in both dmg and dps. If you can get over 2000 armor, that would be great too. The Bullwark use to give you a decent DMG/DPS increase and was an awesome wep pvp. But with the recent nerf I wouldnt piss on it if it were on fire. If you dont have high enough dmg or dps, you will just end up giving away kills to rogues...
    ie: 1400 kills 1000 deaths

PS NO GANGING
    Last edited by Samaeldavisjr; 10-14-2014 at 09:57 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Samaeldavisjr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

7800 hp? O.o wow lol
    Yeah I don't use jugg... I tried it for a month or so and just couldn't get the feel for it. I'll have to go back and check it out again.
    I'm not gonna lie I've ganged but only to help a friend or other players that ganged me previously.

Anyways thank you for your advice appreciate it

Robhawk

Jugger, VB, Hor and Axe to pull the rogues/mages and feeble then be the meatshield for your team. You will get your kills, sometimes the warrior has a good timing and gets 3 out of 4 kills. The most important thing is to be your teams shield and also use your HoR for your team, keep them alive to not die yourself and get kills here and there!

edit: Skyward instead of Axe can also be usefull and it has less cooldown, depends on the situation its like my mage, i have different skill setups and different gears for different situations.
    With my clash setup i cant even kill a bad rogue 1on1 but its great for clashs...
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-15-2014 at 09:31 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Currently I use Jugg, Horn, Axe, and SS. But I might try your setup Rob!

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Samaeldavisjr View Post
    Currently I use Jugg, Horn, Axe, and SS. But I might try your setup Rob!
    Its all depending on the situation but in terms of defense, VB helps more then a second attack skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thank you rob for the information. Yeah I'll try axe out next respec

Robhawk

Thank you rob for the information. Yeah I'll try axe out next respec
    You should spec for more possible setups then one! I have 3 attack skills + curse + heal + shield... What i want to say, spec jugger, vb, hor, axe, ss and cs at once, so you can change your setups fast without the need to respec every time. You should spec jugger all except last upgrade, vb 5/5, hor all except 4th upgrade then on the attack skills there are many options. Either put some more points in skill upgrades then in passive points so you get a all situations setup! The feeble on your skills can be the difference in a win or a lose! Also the stun upgrades make a huge difference! Having 5/5 in passive INT to have only 2/5 in INT doesnt change much but if you dont have a second or third attack skill or the feeble/stun upgrades changes a lot.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-16-2014 at 04:05 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes I think I will do that I thought that passives would help a lot more.

Robhawk

Yes I think I will do that I thought that passives would help a lot more.
    They do help but beeing versatile with different setups for different situations helps a lot more, imho.

Good geared warriors with glitched arcane maul and samael had a time with VB, SS, Axe and CS and just owned the battlefield with a stunlock dealing much damage to kill most rogues and mages before they could say "hello" but without jugger and HoR they would be useless in clashs, so spec them all at the same time.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-16-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    They do help but beeing versatile with different setups for different situations helps a lot more, imho.
    I will definitely check it out. I saw u in pvp today too right?

Robhawk

I will definitely check it out. I saw u in pvp today too right?
    In my timezone it was yesterday, but yes i played tdm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

In my timezone it was yesterday, but yes i played tdm.
    Ohh it might not have been u then it was in ctf lol that rob was from Phoenix and had bulwark. Was that u?

Robhawk

Ohh it might not have been u then it was in ctf lol that rob was from Phoenix and had bulwark. Was that u?
    My toon is a mage, i dont play warrior anymore i just did for some days some month ago and yes playing warrior is a lot easier than playing a mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My toon is a mage, i dont play warrior anymore i just did for some days some month ago and yes playing warrior is a lot easier than playing a mage.
    I didn't even look at pic lol my bad. Yeah mages don't have it easy... I see a lot of posts about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Cllash.. without reading what everyone said. this is my opinion

You said you tend to go back of the line?

You should be in front of the line

Activate jugg first in beginning of the clash, in that way you dont get stunned and will be able to heal accordingly.
    Armor makes huge difference, over 2k is best (im at 2600+ with arcane ring, 2500+ without it, thats with bulwark, and without bulwark im at 2200+ i think i forgot now)

Use skills with feebles, in clash preferrable CS, since its short cool down
    Heal your team when theyre at around 70-80% because by the time you charge your heal theyre prob less halfway or dead.

You should lay out your skill build and so we can tell you if there is anything wrong with it.
    ENd game pvp is no joke, i clash with 8100+ HP and 2600 HP.

ALso i would like to know what gear youre using

I recommend using amulet/rings like archon potency, sacred elond will or wild amulet talisman str.
    Mythic set is average use, although i use legendary armor (which is like 30k or less in cs)
    Last edited by inkredible; 10-16-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

25. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post: