Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Having a problem with this PvP balance (str gear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

If they ever did consider to balance these sets I can't see it happening any time soon considering al is getting new Halloween and Christmas event and rumoured cap next year and the devs have also said we are getting a new game too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    If they ever did consider to balance these sets I can't see it happening any time soon considering al is getting new Halloween and Christmas event and rumoured cap next year and the devs have also said we are getting a new game too.
    Don't underestimate the devs. Nobody thought we would receive another cap, they are very capable of doing anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bous View Post
    Don't underestimate the devs. Nobody thought we would receive another cap, they are very capable of doing anything
    Idk tho we waited a year to get just one level instead of 81 cap .-. Imxoriginal also gave them some stats they could try to balance endgame but it seems the same now being 77, we really dont know what to expect now.
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #84
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey all. As you know, we always love and appreciate your feedback. We are aware that there are some balance issues with PvP in PL. Like our other legends titles, PL is a strongly PvE focused title, which can sometimes result in the kinks in PvP balance that you see today. We appreciate your continued feedback and the very hard work coming in from players who even go so far as to re-work class and item stats for a more balanced game. Trust me, this kind of work does not go unnoticed.

What we are running into now is a very long list of priorities going into the end of this year and the beginning of next. There are lot of exciting things in the works here at STS, not just for any particular game, but for the company as a whole. However, this also means that there are less resources to dedicate to re-working item stats and the bigger picture of PvP balance. As the community manager, I am collecting ALL of the feedback and change requests and compiling them into an easy to reference list for the developers. That way, when developer time frees up it will be easy to try and work in some of the most requested changes.

I will keep you all up to date on any anticipated changes. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to keep the PL community alive, kicking, and kicking butt.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey all. As you know, we always love and appreciate your feedback. We are aware that there are some balance issues with PvP in PL. Like our other legends titles, PL is a strongly PvE focused title, which can sometimes result in the kinks in PvP balance that you see today. We appreciate your continued feedback and the very hard work coming in from players who even go so far as to re-work class and item stats for a more balanced game. Trust me, this kind of work does not go unnoticed.

What we are running into now is a very long list of priorities going into the end of this year and the beginning of next. There are lot of exciting things in the works here at STS, not just for any particular game, but for the company as a whole. However, this also means that there are less resources to dedicate to re-working item stats and the bigger picture of PvP balance. As the community manager, I am collecting ALL of the feedback and change requests and compiling them into an easy to reference list for the developers. That way, when developer time frees up it will be easy to try and work in some of the most requested changes.

I will keep you all up to date on any anticipated changes. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to keep the PL community alive, kicking, and kicking butt.
    Remiem....those thanks doe.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

The only thing u need is WhoIsThis' rework of itemization which does not affect pve balance and restores balanced pvp.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post

The only thing u need is WhoIsThis' rework of itemization which does not affect pve balance and restores balanced pvp.
    and/or Dolloway's... we did the work for you (or rather they did)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

the thing is PL's pve is faaaaaar worse than the pvp, and the greatest pve farming era is when the pvp was the most balanced 50/56

unbalanced PvP sucks, unbalanced PvE is a challenge, if the PvE is too hard people will try harder and enjoy it more, unfortunately the only way PL can make pvp difficult is by loading the mobs and bosses stats, which just means players need better stats aka elixirs, now if the pve actually required skill and teamwork it would be awesome but the basic tactic is sacrifice minimal damage for a lot of survivability aka str gear, in ao3 i remember mages getting booted for not healing enough, that never happens now

I hate to say it but pvp is really the only thing you can come close to fixing without more working than making a whole new game.

to fix pve you would need to remove/heavily modify elixirs, rework entire skill sets for most classes, release all new gear endgame atleast, modify mobs ai, more than likely upgrade PL to the AL/DL Spacetime engine, and rethink almost all of the boss fights to make them more than a dps him with str sets equipped

after that i could only assume pvp would be a complete mess and need so much attention

stats are a small fix that could make a constant level more enjoyable but if it ever raises again stats will need modified, its the mechanics behind all of the game play that need fixed for pvp, dodge is a rediculous overpowered stat, health is far under appreciated, the physics of beckon, push back, and objects in the pvp field should be fixed, and also whats with distances, you cant have ranged skills when range is conditional.

I get that your just trying to calm people, thats your job and you cant make any of the fixes or calls on what get fixed when all really appreciate you. people are just taking out their frustration just cuz you were the one to respond here, but saying PL is pve focused is ridiculous though, no one capped at 77 to play a campaign that you guys already released over 2 years ago.

Really thanks for atleast responding I'm sure you really didnt want to as you cant be like "ok guys were gonna fix this as its not your call and even if it was, you just dont have enough staff"
    people feel slightly less ignored now, thankz

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #89
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys!

I have cleaned this thread. Let's make sure we are keeping things friendly and constructive. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arpluvial View Post
    Hey guys!

I have cleaned this thread. Let's make sure we are keeping things friendly and constructive. Thanks!
    Angeldawn's post had nothing wrong in it. She was giving her honest, and constructive feedback to you guys. Afterall, we were promised a PvP balance and that idea was abandoned.

Regardless, your statement of, "PvE is strongly focused" really surprises me. First of all, they're both just as equally as important as one another. MMO's balance their competitiveness and teamplay. Secondly, PvP came out VERY shortly after PL came out as a whole (at the 35 cap which I was part of). STS has had PLENTY of time to rework the stats and to make it fair, so it would seem that after all the community has done, it's up to you guys now. You've had the time, the stats have been given to you by the players, and we have sacrificed so much patience. If you want us to just leave because we're becoming a hassle, please just tell us.

I simply can't wrap my head around this situation. I'm actually infuriated. We've asked for one thing - just one thing that will keep us content - yet that seems to be too impossible for the brilliant creators of all of these wonderful and successful games.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 10-22-2014 at 04:55 PM.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Petrichor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Urgh I just tried endgame pvp for a bit and jheez it's so unbalanced lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Crims your post are just too dirty they need to be cleaned

I am still livid and completely in awe of my post being deleted My post was 100% constructive and was a direct answer to Rem's post. I would explain it again but I'm sure it will be 'cleaned'

How can the community help STS improve the game when the appropriate posts are deleted and you push away the good members of the community.

But hey let's keep the the trash talking and bullying post. Especially that thread 'My Pro PVP List' that is nothing but harassing and bullying players. (Yes this is on topic of PVP)

And again I'll say it about the balance. I don't think there is much left for us the community to do. It's all up STS. We have done more than our fair share.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I think the best solution is that if we don't want to play with STR classes (that is, if STS does not decide to balance the stats for whatever reason) then they should at least make game requirements. If I want to say no STR gear in the arena, then I simply check some box and create the game. I'm a much bigger advocate for balancing the stats, obviously, but this is not a bad alternative...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the time of PL is over, they have no reason to spend into ressources, rather they would make another new legends game. so... game will stay as is for sure..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    the devs have also said we are getting a new game too.
    that's the only one thing I'm waiting for eagerly atm. PvP balance is a worthless thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this new game a mmorpg or a strategy castle game, I hate thoughs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I will try my best View Post
    Is this new game a mmorpg or a strategy castle game, I hate thoughs
    An mmo I'd imagine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sneakykills do you have a link to where I can look at the thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I will try my best View Post
    Sneakykills do you have a link to where I can look at the thread?
    Nope it was in al general discussion a month or two ago