Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Having a problem with this PvP balance (str gear)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Wow, new cap and STR sets' still the problem. I'm pretty sure the last time I played Samhayne said there would be a rebalance in STR sets after the AL cap release, has anything been done after that?
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I like how people say a "pro" int Mage can easily kill str, maybe true, but a "pro" int Mage will never win a duel vs a pro L77 str set pally.

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

I still don't understand why bears need 80+ dodge. I mean a tank should be the one to take most of the hits from mobs without dying. That's what a tank should do. They shouldn't simply dodge 80-100% of hits that's being thrown at them. In other games, tanks have high armor and health regen which is compensated for it's low damage. What we have in PL, is a fusion of Mr. Fantastic and "the Thing". Bears tend to dodge like Mr. Fantastic while dealing damage and tanking like "the Thing". I'm sure people will say "oh the armor won't be sufficient enough in pve", but tbh most people run with teams and are usually on elixirs. If we can reduce the dodge on str gear and boost its armor or decrease how much dodge given by 9 taunt/evade, I'm sure it will give some kind of balance to endgame. I have tried endgame but have stopped due to the dodge problem.
    Last edited by Rescind; 10-17-2014 at 11:17 PM.

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Your opinion would be more respected if you actually took the time to make a thorough analysis of why you actually believe STR is fair, rather than using the terms "cry" and "nub".
    Birds, if they root me, even if i heal roots, theres a high chance that i am dead in the next 0.5-1 seconds, provided birds are fast and they know their combo. And if i get the blind on me, then it rly is all over. So, birds lack armor (no offense but birds dodge a lot still), but they make that up from the insane damage they give. Birds with 3pc are one step from being OP even after nerf. Str birds are even tougher because they got high amounts of dodge and the notorious blind that makes them immune from taking damage. Birds in ffa are very tough, because i know of no single str pally that can beat good birds while he is unbuffed.

Int mages, have ms, infinite mana basically and wrecking power. They dont have the armor or dodge of pally but they don't seem to need it either.

Bears vs birds is an OP matchup indeed and should probably be dealt with.

If there really is an edge with str sets over the others, its so small that if it gets nerfed, all the other classes should get some sort of nerf because they would instantly become OP over str. That is my experience and what i've seen anyways.

As you can see, i am not talking numbers here, i am talking what happens and my experience in the actual fights. Numbers lie imo.
    Last edited by Marika1; 10-18-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marika1 View Post
    Birds, if they root me, even if i heal roots, theres a high chance that i am dead in the next 0.5-1 seconds, provided birds are fast and they know their combo. And if i get the blind on me, then it rly is all over. So, birds lack armor (no offense but birds dodge a lot still), but they make that up from the insane damage they give. Birds with 3pc are one step from being OP even after nerf. Str birds are even tougher because they got high amounts of dodge and the notorious blind that makes them immune from taking damage. Birds in ffa are very tough, because i know of no single str pally that can beat good birds while he is unbuffed.

Int mages, have ms, infinite mana basically and wrecking power. They dont have the armor or dodge of pally but they don't seem to need it either.

If there really is an edge with str sets over the others, its so small that if it gets nerfed, all the other classes should get some sort of nerf because they would instantly become OP over str. That is my experience and what i've seen anyways.

As you can see, i am not talking numbers here, i am talking what happens and my experience in the actual fights. Numbers lie imo.
    PL is of course a game of numbers, basing your analysis on feelings and very view experienced examples is short sighted.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Dude, you need to stop with this 3pc argument. First of all, everyone has the opportunity to get a 2pc, so it's just as easy to compete.

Birds are squishy. Literally, all you need to do is dodge one of their attacks and they're dead.

INT mages will ONLY win if all of their skills hit with crits. I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous if you think a INT overpowers STR. Clearly you're obsessed with winning over non-str users that you're afraid the STR sets would be nerfed.

You even quoted "I am new" ... you don't have any experience with balance. I've been here way longer, so I think I know what balance is for PL, even more so than the devs.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I probably know less than this new guy.

I don't know about this...not about the current endgame I mean..
    Devs aren't paying attention to PL, it was also like this when I was active. I honestly don't know what will convince them.

I do recall Samhayne stating that endgame balance is coming. How many months ago was that? 6? A year?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I probably know less than this new guy.

I don't know about this...not about the current endgame I mean..
    Devs aren't paying attention to PL, it was also like this when I was active. I honestly don't know what will convince them.

I do recall Samhayne stating that endgame balance is coming. How many months ago was that? 6? A year?
    Yeah, I thought I read somewhere they weren't gonna balance the 76 cap since the 77 cap was coming. And we're gonna balance everything out with the 77 sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Dude, you need to stop with this 3pc argument. First of all, everyone has the opportunity to get a 2pc, so it's just as easy to compete.

Birds are squishy. Literally, all you need to do is dodge one of their attacks and they're dead.

INT mages will ONLY win if all of their skills hit with crits. I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous if you think a INT overpowers STR. Clearly you're obsessed with winning over non-str users that you're afraid the STR sets would be nerfed.

You even quoted "I am new" ... you don't have any experience with balance. I've been here way longer, so I think I know what balance is for PL, even more so than the devs.
    Lol lets just ignore him Will, you'll see how he will rage when no one reply back, i bet he just wants attention
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Booked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Str birds are even tougher
    you got trapped here. U advocating for str against the peoples who says str is op then again when it was your term to face str, u confessed str is op unknowingly.

wth you are doing? learn the job. customers won't pay you a penny, lol.

what kinda pally struggle against warbirds? huh ask a newb in arena... you'll get the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Well returning to the orginal thread, bears should be fixed about damage and dodge, dex bear with lustrous dagger set has an insane dps and damage, it basically kills you with beckon, one slash and auto, with bow set, it has even more damage than dagger set.. About str bears dodge should be nerfed a bit but also give hit.. damage can be lowered a bit and int bears well...no one use int bear ._. They suck.
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

U don't know what u are talking about and u clearly like to analyze things more than just play the game and get a feel for other classes. And 3pc crafted with drag ring is basically like wearing 2 rings: 2pc + dragon ring + 5 armor. Yea ez to beat with 2pc! Try beating non 3pc/2pc users (normal or drag ring users) with no ring. It's basically the same. So please... As for the second part i like to play mostly people that are pros because thats the only way to learn. But u clearly just want str to be nerfed so that u can win easier over others.

And to Opest, str birds for me are generally easy, but i met two really sick ones. Because of those two i said they are tough. Maybe all i met so far were pretty bad i dunno.

I never said INT owns STR i think you're losing it. I said ive seen INT mages OWN STR mages. I've seen INT mages own bears too. Which led me to believe that most INT mages are terrible. Simple. Food. Like u.

And Booked if your bear is DIE then u are indeed food. Str or not.
    Last edited by Marika1; 10-18-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

im telling it all comes down to the ai, they make the str op for pve, for bears to keep aggro, the taunts dont work well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Devs said that they were going to fix pvp balance months ago, nothing happened.
    now go chech AL if warriors complain about rogues being op, they get nerfed in a week.
    Same thing with warriors if other classes complain about them they get nerfed fast.
    I think the only thing that devs/mods are fast at is closing PL PvP balance threads.
    Last edited by merchtime; 10-18-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Once again after looking this thread I can't believe I'm the one getting warnings for trolling.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I am gonna try to add something to this and stay on topic
    I might not have any L77 gear experience but I switched my main to pally at 50 and capped pally before my int and dex mages at 56 61 66 71. From levels 50 to 66 there was always something to work around as a pally. Missing mana regeneration (rift hate forti) missing hit (fury forti demonic orlok) missing damage (fury). In the end you had to put more dex and ended up with compromise build that was always lacking skill damage but imo that's ok it's just the price you pay for using a set thought for a different class.
    By humania I felt that had changed as the str set had plenty of mana regeneration and added hit also the base damage of the 1h weapon was high enough to lead to decent skill damage and with that I felt as there was no challenge in playing pally anymore. Savage might not add hit but the damage of the 1h weapon should allow even better skill damage. Allowing a class playing another set without real disadvantages is not balanced imo.
    But that is all just pally point of view of course these sets should fit bears best and for that I keep wondering why mana regeneration is so high since demo. I don't think a bear can even spam away 20 mana per second. Also dodge... A tank shouldn't rely on dodge but on armor health health regeneration imo.
    The 77 set doesn't look that unbalanced as the base damage is lower. But it has even more mana regeneration. Somehow it seems like there is no stat where savage and lust str isn't good at except hit. Armor damage crit dodge regeneration... all good.
    So imo endgame str sets would be more balanced with less mana regeneration (to keep pallies from skill spamming) and less dodge (so tanks actually tank)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

@Ruby the L77 set has more skill damage than savage by 10 points as Dolloway said in a old post. one stomp from The lustrous set will do more damage than one from a savage bear. Even orlok has more skill damage than demo mace set. This cap was supposed to be balanced instead of really reducing bears damage they added more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merchtime View Post
    @Ruby the L77 set has more skill damage than savage by 10 points as Dolloway said in a old post. one stomp from The lustrous set will do more damage than one from a savage bear. Even orlok has more skill damage than demo mace set. This cap was supposed to be balanced instead of really reducing bears damage they added more.
    Ty for the information. After reading up on the complaints about savage and then seeing the low damage and high speed of the lust sword I assumed there would be less skill damage now.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    Ty for the information. After reading up on the complaints about savage and then seeing the low damage and high speed of the lust sword I assumed there would be less skill damage now.
    It's that added damage that becomes kind of daunting. If all the Lus sets are to be balanced, it only seems necessary that the level 76 sets are balanced to scale as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

There should be a poll vote.