Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Having a problem with this PvP balance (str gear)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

maybe attribute revamp

dex for hit and crit
    str for dmg
    int for mana and regen
    constitution for health and armor

str would become a primarily 2h weapon build req more hit and less dodge
    whereas the new const attribute would serve as the main tank build

the problem still would mainly be buffing the tank weapons so they could get aggro
    so i think if all skills were reduced to rank 6 as a max and level 65 simply unlocked like 4 more skills per class

for warriors add another slash, an aoe dmg skill that doesnt move the enemy, a bash skill where dmg would be based off armor instead of weapon dmg, and a better area taunt, that actually worked, could maybe blind the mobs AI from seeing any of the classes as enemies for 2 secs per rank

maybe for archers some more defensive skills that maybe them rely on more than lucky dodges as their primary defense, like maybe a stealth skill where they take no dmg for 1 second, a couple closer ranged skills to make daggers and dual weapons more playable, speed buff maybe like 1% per rank

maybe ill post more ideaz later but just some ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

dodge is op which is primarily found with str sets

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hey everyone,

At this point I think most have stated their opinion and how things could be improved. Like Remiem said, we are aware that there are some balance issues with PL PvP and we do appreciate your continued feedback. If you have any specific feedback you'd like to let us know, my inbox is always open. I'm going to close this thread now as it has devolved into insulting others.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marika1 View Post
    a new person like me
    Enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Seems not one day passes without one bird or int mage making a cry thread about str. Its very tiring for a new person like me to stumble upon these kind of threads everyday. Is there nothing else to discuss? Again, there are some truly insane birds and int mages out there, who can beat any pally in any day. Find them, watch them, learn from them. Or become str mage if you think theyre so op. But, please, stop all the crying threads about str. I admit, bear vs bird is op, but ive seen two birds that destroy bears in ffa. Those birds had 3pc and one had egg though. So...it's possible do defeat bears as bird i dunno. I see most of u have built a rep on this forum...how? By crying everyday about str and getting thanks from other criers? Why can't you just play and enjoy the game as it is?
    Hmm let's see, why you didn't cap old caps? If you hate watching this kind of dicuss do like Crim said.. Move on, if you don't welp you have a serious problem, seriously it's annoying see new people complaining about stuff they don't even understand as your case. Another option to stop viewing this threads leave forums or leave PvP, you stop getting annoyed and we stop getting annoyed of the new people like you
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Your opinion would be more respected if you actually took the time to make a thorough analysis of why you actually believe STR is fair, rather than using the terms "cry" and "nub".
    Birds, if they root me, even if i heal roots, theres a high chance that i am dead in the next 0.5-1 seconds, provided birds are fast and they know their combo. And if i get the blind on me, then it rly is all over. So, birds lack armor (no offense but birds dodge a lot still), but they make that up from the insane damage they give. Birds with 3pc are one step from being OP even after nerf. Str birds are even tougher because they got high amounts of dodge and the notorious blind that makes them immune from taking damage. Birds in ffa are very tough, because i know of no single str pally that can beat good birds while he is unbuffed.

Int mages, have ms, infinite mana basically and wrecking power. They dont have the armor or dodge of pally but they don't seem to need it either.

Bears vs birds is an OP matchup indeed and should probably be dealt with.

If there really is an edge with str sets over the others, its so small that if it gets nerfed, all the other classes should get some sort of nerf because they would instantly become OP over str. That is my experience and what i've seen anyways.

As you can see, i am not talking numbers here, i am talking what happens and my experience in the actual fights. Numbers lie imo.
    Last edited by Marika1; 10-18-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Birds, if they root me, even if i heal roots, theres a high chance that i am dead in the next 0.5-1 seconds, provided birds are fast and they know their combo. And if i get the blind on me, then it rly is all over. So, birds lack armor (no offense but birds dodge a lot still), but they make that up from the insane damage they give. Birds with 3pc are one step from being OP even after nerf. Str birds are even tougher because they got high amounts of dodge and the notorious blind that makes them immune from taking damage. Birds in ffa are very tough, because i know of no single str pally that can beat good birds while he is unbuffed.

Int mages, have ms, infinite mana basically and wrecking power. They dont have the armor or dodge of pally but they don't seem to need it either.

If there really is an edge with str sets over the others, its so small that if it gets nerfed, all the other classes should get some sort of nerf because they would instantly become OP over str. That is my experience and what i've seen anyways.

As you can see, i am not talking numbers here, i am talking what happens and my experience in the actual fights. Numbers lie imo.
    PL is of course a game of numbers, basing your analysis on feelings and very view experienced examples is short sighted.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Dude, you need to stop with this 3pc argument. First of all, everyone has the opportunity to get a 2pc, so it's just as easy to compete.

Birds are squishy. Literally, all you need to do is dodge one of their attacks and they're dead.

INT mages will ONLY win if all of their skills hit with crits. I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous if you think a INT overpowers STR. Clearly you're obsessed with winning over non-str users that you're afraid the STR sets would be nerfed.

You even quoted "I am new" ... you don't have any experience with balance. I've been here way longer, so I think I know what balance is for PL, even more so than the devs.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Dude, you need to stop with this 3pc argument. First of all, everyone has the opportunity to get a 2pc, so it's just as easy to compete.

Birds are squishy. Literally, all you need to do is dodge one of their attacks and they're dead.

INT mages will ONLY win if all of their skills hit with crits. I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous if you think a INT overpowers STR. Clearly you're obsessed with winning over non-str users that you're afraid the STR sets would be nerfed.

You even quoted "I am new" ... you don't have any experience with balance. I've been here way longer, so I think I know what balance is for PL, even more so than the devs.
    Lol lets just ignore him Will, you'll see how he will rage when no one reply back, i bet he just wants attention
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Booked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

U don't know what u are talking about and u clearly like to analyze things more than just play the game and get a feel for other classes. And 3pc crafted with drag ring is basically like wearing 2 rings: 2pc + dragon ring + 5 armor. Yea ez to beat with 2pc! Try beating non 3pc/2pc users (normal or drag ring users) with no ring. It's basically the same. So please... As for the second part i like to play mostly people that are pros because thats the only way to learn. But u clearly just want str to be nerfed so that u can win easier over others.

And to Opest, str birds for me are generally easy, but i met two really sick ones. Because of those two i said they are tough. Maybe all i met so far were pretty bad i dunno.

I never said INT owns STR i think you're losing it. I said ive seen INT mages OWN STR mages. I've seen INT mages own bears too. Which led me to believe that most INT mages are terrible. Simple. Food. Like u.

And Booked if your bear is DIE then u are indeed food. Str or not.
    Last edited by Marika1; 10-18-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

why don't u get int set and beat one of the "pro" pallies, then u will feel the pain of being int mage and u will be crying too, if str sets were not op u wouldn't be complaining here.

yes int mage can kill str-mage but the chances are super low,and it takes lots of skills why? it shouldn't be like that why should str-mage have much more chance of killing int mage. All classes should have chance to kill other classes.
    Last edited by merchtime; 10-17-2014 at 02:24 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to merchtime For This Useful Post: