Thread: twink lvl 15 pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default twink lvl 15 pvp

Thinking of trying out low level PvP. I have no experience or prior knowledge of PVP or PVP at this bracket. I would like to ask for some advice, generally and specifically for mages.

1. Is there a class inequality like endgame? How well do sorcs fare? Do certain classes dominate over another because of gear, pets or skill limitation? Or is it more player-skill based regardless of class.
    2. Who are the popular guilds in this bracket?
    3. What pets are recommended for twinking at 15?
    4. Is there a particular "meta" or popular skill set that is used frequently?
    5. Is the best gear exp rifle brut/druid brutality set/elon fitness/ tarlok heart?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Thinking of trying out low level PvP. I have no experience or prior knowledge of PVP or PVP at this bracket. I would like to ask for some advice, generally and specifically for mages.

1. Is there a class inequality like endgame? How well do sorcs fare? Do certain classes dominate over another because of gear, pets or skill limitation? Or is it more player-skill based regardless of class.
    Class balance is even more horrible at twink levels, the lower, the worse for mages. Unless you have SnS and full wisdom gear, it's hard to do anything as a mage. At this bracket, warriors rule.
    Grins, Logic, Champions League, couple other dead guilds.
    Some cheap pets would be Dovabear, shadowlurk, slag. It's hard to compete without a good arcane pet.
    The appropriate build would be fire, curse, heal, shield. Strictly for clashes, because that's all you'll get called for... For your curse
    5. Is the best gear exp rifle brut/druid brutality set/elon fitness/ tarlok heart?
    All correct except ring. Best ring is ensorcelled of brutality. I got a perfect ensorc and perfect tarlok heart of brutality if you would like to purchase from me.

Thanks
    Responded in bold. I wouldn't make a 15 mage if I were you tbh. Would go 23 (the higher, the better). 26+ is too inactive for any good fun, 23 would be better off as a mage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thank you for your input.

I may look into war/rogue depending on what I can afford.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

Sorcerers are hopeless here. Warriors dominate lvl 12-15 along with rogues. Sorcs simply cannot crit as much as endgame and should only ever be used for guild clashes or when you have amazing gear. Rogues and warriors > sorc. Rogue > or equal to warrior. (If the rogue is good, they can survive really long. I was 14 and I survived 10+ minutes against Allows in a gw) Mages simply cannot outdamage or outlast any of these classes unless you're really really good or they're just horrendous.
    Grins, Champions League, Logic and Astig Pinoy are the only active ones. Mac Apple, Mvpvp etc have long moved to 17
    I would say Orion if you're looking at a low budget pet. Malison is hopeless. The best option would be slag and shadowlurk for the stun and dmg respectively
    Shield, curse, fire, heal is the standard. But some mages who go solo sometimes also run lightning in place of some passives (5 skills)
    Expedition rifle of Brutality for pvp.
    Heard some mages saying that Tarlok Assault helm + Ancient Brut body works great if you can play it well
    Ancient druid set is the get to go set for twinking
    Best ring...you can do fine with elondrian fitness but I like winter star a lot at 15. The survivability really shows. Best ring = ensorcelled brut BUT charged circuit of brutality lvl 14 loses to ensorcelled by just a few stats so it's a great alternative!
    Amulet = Tarlok Brut, still the best atm

Thanks
    I agree with instant, mage pvp at lvl 20> is hopeless. But a good mage is all it takes to turn the tides in a clash =)

Check out our Youtube Channel in my sigpic and our guild thread here!
    Til It's Gone... [RETIRED]