Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sns fix come or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Holding onto to Samael to me is like holding onto Mythic Armor/Helmet. Its considered top notch in most cases. Just wish there was more or better. Most people have it.

Now there finally exists a pet, in my opinion, better than the seasons old Samael. Its a good start.

Sure when some people say more than 1 SnS = gg and many felt that way against Arcane Ring users. 2 or more rings vs no rings = GG right? So to find a solution, there weren't many requesting to nerf the Arcane Ring but to instead find a competitive alternate such as a 41 Mythic Ring (which I am still for).

Where is the competitive pet to Sns? None. If a nerf came to Sns, might as well award Samael to Ursoth winners. I'm sure STS probably wanted people to take their events seriously and not make it feel like the buyers/sellers/winners weren't getting their value's worth with the pet.

My suggestion for buffs to current arcane pets newer than Samael:

Singe: AA now removes stun/terror/panic/movement impairing (counter to old Samael)
    Nekro: 1-2s invulnerability on the shield (may help with the useless scorch ability too) and 12% speed increase on AA (small counter to Sns)
    Whimm: Buff stats and MP regen. Good for pulling opposing teammates out of green pools.

You'll see slightly more different variety of arcane pets with this. Value will go up for sellers. Those with the current pets will be happy. Most people will be happy. Sns users will be happy that they still got their 100m-150m pets worth in value.

Otherwise, don't bring back whimm, don't introduce new arcane pets. We'll just be stuck with Samael. Replace imaginary fossils in arena with Samael.
    A pet doesn't have to have the ability to one hit enemies to be considered better than Samael.

A pet also doesn't have to heal a tank to full in 2 ticks either from a stacked pool to be better than a Samael.

Like Zeus said earlier whim is OP in its own way, there can be other pets like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    A pet doesn't have to have the ability to one hit enemies to be considered better than Samael.

A pet also doesn't have to heal a tank to full in 2 ticks either from a stacked pool to be better than a Samael.

Like Zeus said earlier whim is OP in its own way, there can be other pets like that.
    I've listed a few suggestions above that don't involve Samael and would be possible good counters instead of everyone going back to the 5th newest arcane pet and 3rd oldest.
    Whimm is good in some situations. Good for mages doing timed runs but overall is a situational pet that is hardly seen in pvp. I used to use him a lot in TDM until they made Sns better. Before the Sns buff, hardly anyone used Sns ( well I know I hardly used it) but every once in a while in CTF. It just wasn't as effective back then. Sns was useless in TDM previously. Now its a less situational pet.

Maybe pull and stun on the AA and /or buff stats/mp regen for whimm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I've listed a few suggestions above that don't involve Samael and would be possible good counters instead of everyone going back to the 5th newest arcane pet and 3rd oldest.
    Whimm is good in some situations. Good for mages doing timed runs but overall is a situational pet that is hardly seen in pvp. I used to use him a lot in TDM until they made Sns better. Before the Sns buff, hardly anyone used Sns ( well I know I hardly used it) but every once in a while in CTF. It just wasn't as effective back then. Sns was useless in TDM previously. Now its a less situational pet.

Maybe pull and stun on the AA and /or buff stats/mp regen for whimm.
    I just want to know if having a pet that literally does more damage than a player and heals more than a player is reasonable.

If you don't have max gear (ring+myth/arc weapon) SNS does more DMG than the player.

Also, as a tank with SNS u know that you do less dmg than your pet, is that reasonable and fair for the majority of players to have to constantly deal with? I think not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I just want to know if having a pet that literally does more damage than a player and heals more than a player is reasonable.

If you don't have max gear (ring+myth/arc weapon) SNS does more DMG than the player.

Also, as a tank with SNS u know that you do less dmg than your pet, is that reasonable and fair for the majority of players to have to constantly deal with? I think not.
    How are we going to ever upgrade from the old Samael pet then? We have to start somewhere. Next upgrade all pets post-Samael.

Pre-Sns Buff, the pet was constantly shelved in my stable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

How are we going to ever upgrade from the old Samael pet then? We have to start somewhere. Next upgrade all pets post-Samael.

As I usually decide my teams setup, I want my tanks to go with singe not Samael.

For tank I believe singe is better than Samael because of the party buff.

Like I said earlier, yes it is time for Samael to move on but SNS is not the answer, you still haven't answered the questions I asked you in my previous posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

As I usually decide my teams setup, I want my tanks to go with singe not Samael.

For tank I believe singe is better than Samael because of the party buff.

Like I said earlier, yes it is time for Samael to move on but SNS is not the answer, you still haven't answered the questions I asked you in my previous posts.
    Ah. Missed the question. I don't think fair majority are dealing with it as there are only a handful of endgamers that use Sns. I don't think it'd be a major issue if my pet buffs suggestions passed. Nekro would be the counter pet. Currently Samael is not a direct counter.

I like the current state of Sns (both fighting against and using) in regards to your damage question earlier. It doesn't have a root/snare so I usually just horn of renew and walk out of the pools. Sometimes the tactic changes to kill the sns user first instead of kill the rogue first. Rogues run out of mana quicker without Samael in some cases.

Even if my suggestion for the singe buff were to pass, that would give the ability for the user to simply walk out of the pools in most cases.

Buffing the newer arcane pets is the way to go to keep everyone happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ah. Missed the question. I don't think fair majority are dealing with it as there are only a handful of endgamers that use Sns. I don't think it'd be a major issue if my pet buffs suggestions passed. Nekro would be the counter pet. Currently Samael is not a direct counter.

I like the current state of Sns (both fighting against and using) in regards to your damage question earlier. It doesn't have a root/snare so I usually just horn of renew and walk out of the pools. Sometimes the tactic changes to kill the sns user first instead of kill the rogue first. Rogues run out of mana quicker without Samael in some cases.

Even if my suggestion for the singe buff were to pass, that would give the ability for the user to simply walk out of the pools in most cases.

Buffing the newer arcane pets is the way to go to keep everyone happy.
    Correct.

Recently me and Ravager did an SnS clash. He had SnS used against him and he and his team did not appear to have any difficulty in surviving. Tactics are key, remember this folks!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Samael is the mythic armor of pets. So far past it's expiration date that it should be put down.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Samael is the mythic armor of pets. So far past it's expiration date that it should be put down.
    How so? Its just a pet which provides an extra stun. Not a extra player like SNS does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

How so? Its just a pet which provides an extra stun. Not a extra player like SNS does.
    Yes, Sam is just a stun pet. Never mind the stacking hp / mana regen and the fact his panic ignores immunity. But that's not the discussion.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: