Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sns fix come or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    Exactly, I'm talking about the stacking issue in the CtF room.

Please scroll up and read, thanks.
    You said each pet can be effective in its own way. SnS is effective in CTF rooms. It is not particularly effective in any open spaces like PvE or TDM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

And thats considered fair? SnS is discontinued. So current players who don't own SnS should accept their fate that they'll get owned no matter what because of that 150m pet - even if they have maxed gear?

A level 41 SnS can kill a maxed player even if the owner wears epic gear, lol. Even after the undergeared dude dies, the SnS pools continue to do damage.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I did and now I do not. Why? The pet has changed since then. All a curse mage would have to do is stand in a pool to win a fight since curse is based on the speed of DoTs, not the damage. If they are going to do this, they need to do it to all pets. Then again, that would make curse a very very OP skill - would it not?
    For an OP pet I think that's a fair tradeoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

You said each pet can be effective in its own way. SnS is effective in CTF rooms. It is not particularly effective in any open spaces like PvE or TDM.
    Because of the insanely high DMG per tick, it is still use full in all maps including TDM and PVE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

A pet doesn't have to have the ability to one hit enemies to be considered better than Samael.

A pet also doesn't have to heal a tank to full in 2 ticks either from a stacked pool to be better than a Samael.

Like Zeus said earlier whim is OP in its own way, there can be other pets like that.
    I've listed a few suggestions above that don't involve Samael and would be possible good counters instead of everyone going back to the 5th newest arcane pet and 3rd oldest.
    Whimm is good in some situations. Good for mages doing timed runs but overall is a situational pet that is hardly seen in pvp. I used to use him a lot in TDM until they made Sns better. Before the Sns buff, hardly anyone used Sns ( well I know I hardly used it) but every once in a while in CTF. It just wasn't as effective back then. Sns was useless in TDM previously. Now its a less situational pet.

Maybe pull and stun on the AA and /or buff stats/mp regen for whimm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I did and now I do not. Why? All a curse mage would have to do is stand in a pool to win a fight since curse is based on the speed of DoTs, not the damage. If they are going to do this, they need to do it to all pets. Then again, that would make curse a very very OP skill - would it not?
    If it doesn't work, then all pet arcane ability should be reflected. Very few pet do as much DOT damage, so this would be balanced so it would only affect a small number of players. This wouldn't affect PvP balance and offer a counter balance to SnS as the way misty offers a counter balance to curse. Also a mage standing in a damage pool risks dieing before curse kills your opponent. So STS should fix this and have SnS DOT damage reflected by curse.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I've listed a few suggestions above that don't involve Samael and would be possible good counters instead of everyone going back to the 5th newest arcane pet and 3rd oldest.
    Whimm is good in some situations. Good for mages doing timed runs but overall is a situational pet that is hardly seen in pvp. I used to use him a lot in TDM until they made Sns better. Before the Sns buff, hardly anyone used Sns ( well I know I hardly used it) but every once in a while in CTF. It just wasn't as effective back then. Sns was useless in TDM previously. Now its a less situational pet.

Maybe pull and stun on the AA and /or buff stats/mp regen for whimm.
    I just want to know if having a pet that literally does more damage than a player and heals more than a player is reasonable.

If you don't have max gear (ring+myth/arc weapon) SNS does more DMG than the player.

Also, as a tank with SNS u know that you do less dmg than your pet, is that reasonable and fair for the majority of players to have to constantly deal with? I think not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    And thats considered fair? SnS is discontinued. So current players who don't own SnS should accept their fate that they'll get owned no matter what because of that 150m pet - even if they have maxed gear?

A level 41 SnS can kill a maxed player even if the owner wears epic gear, lol. Even after the undergeared dude dies, the SnS pools continue to do damage.
    Are you saying that you cannot one hit an owner who is wearing epic or legendary gear? It's entirely possible and entirely too easy. The OPness comes from OP pet and OP gear. In any event, one aimed shot will one hit the epic or legendary geared player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    If it doesn't work, then all pet arcane ability should be reflected. Very few pet do as much DOT damage, so this would be balanced so it would only affect a small number of players. This wouldn't affect PvP balance and offer a counter balance to SnS as the way misty offers a counter balance to curse. Also a mage standing in a damage pool risks dieing before curse kills your opponent. So STS should fix this and have SnS DOT damage reflected by curse.
    Pets that do DoT damage are reflected by curse, you can easily test this with the wurmtongues substantial poison attack..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

By effective you mean kill a tank in 5 seconds even after they healed?

The least significant arguments are given so much spotlight that this is ridiculous. Y'all aren't talking about the quantitative aspect of the pools and ignoring the important points. The green pools heal 600+ per second, thats more than HoR. They do more damage than a non-crit aimed shot. More than a non-crit lightning. A pet that undermines the most important skills in the 3 classes is absurd, period.

Do you know thousnds play CTF? Why is CTF looked as a minor playfield? More people L41 play CTF than TDM or PvE. Look at the significant proportions of the game - that is where people play most. The nerf doesn't have to include PvE aspects of SnS so you can rule that out. Lets talk about TDM and CTF, okay?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Are you saying that you cannot one hit an owner who is wearing epic or legendary gear? It's entirely possible and entirely too easy. The OPness comes from OP pet and OP gear. In any event, one aimed shot will one hit the epic or legendary geared player.
    I have never ever one hit anyone wearing just legendary gear_ maybe if the opponent had no armor on, it may be possible.

The fact that you are comparing a players damage to a pets damage is just proof of how unfair this pets damage and heal pools are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The least significant arguments are given so much spotlight that this is ridiculous. Y'all aren't talking about the quantitative aspect of the pools and ignoring the important points. The green pools heal 600+ per second, thats more than HoR. They do more damage than a non-crit aimed shot. More than a non-crit lightning. A pet that undermines the most important skills in the 3 classes is absurd, period.

Do you know thousnds play CTF? Why is CTF looked as a minor playfield? More people L41 play CTF than TDM or PvE. Look at the significant proportions of the game - that is where people play most. The nerf doesn't have to include PvE aspects of SnS so you can rule that out. Lets talk about TDM and CTF, okay?
    Exactly, this pet makes some classes absolutely worthless... The only reason people use mages now are for mama refills. I mean the pets pools even have a curse bug... Even legendary pets like wurmtongue are effected by curse, what gives SNS a right to avoid curse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Do you have stats on how many players play CTF at a given time? The only stats I see are tournament sign ins. Those do not go over 100 players.

If a tank chooses to remain in a pool, that is his own fault. I have had to fight against SnS too. Being smart about the pet and predicting when the AA will be dropped are key tactics to avoiding death at the hands of this pet. Do not put yourself in a vulnerable situation and you will not die. Simple, right?

A non-crit aimed shot does 1.4k damage. Lightning does around 1k-1.2k. SnS does not top this so please do not exaggerate.

Developers have stated numerous times that if they found anything wrong with this pet, they would make posts updating players on their plans for the pet.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-18-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Honestly, on a stacked pool I have seen a maxed tank that was not jugged die in 2 ticks which is around one second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Exactly, this pet makes some classes absolutely worthless... The only reason people use mages now are for mama refills. I mean the pets pools even have a curse bug... Even legendary pets like wurmtongue are effected by curse, what gives SNS a right to avoid curse?
    Wurmtongue must be an exception. Singe's DoT burn does not reflect on curse either. I've tested numerous pets and they do not reflect on curse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Do you have stats on how many players play CTF at a given time? The only stats I see are tournament sign ins. Those do not go over 100 players.

If a tank chooses to remain in a pool, that is his own fault. I have had to fight against SnS too. Being smart about the pet and predicted when the AA will be dropped are key tactics to avoiding death at the hands of this pet. Do not put yourself in a vulnerable situation and you will not die. Simple, right?

A non-crit aimed shot does 1.4k damage. SnS does not top this so please do not exaggerate.

Developers have stated numerous times that if they found anything wrong with this pet, they would make posts updating players on their plans for the pet.
    It is more than easy to pull a tank into a pool, gale a tank into a pool, stun a tank in a pool, terrify a tank in a pool, charged auto attack into a pool, so your argument is invalid. Its not the tanks fault, ofc they don't won a stay in a pool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I just want to know if having a pet that literally does more damage than a player and heals more than a player is reasonable.

If you don't have max gear (ring+myth/arc weapon) SNS does more DMG than the player.

Also, as a tank with SNS u know that you do less dmg than your pet, is that reasonable and fair for the majority of players to have to constantly deal with? I think not.
    How are we going to ever upgrade from the old Samael pet then? We have to start somewhere. Next upgrade all pets post-Samael.

Pre-Sns Buff, the pet was constantly shelved in my stable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Wurmtongue must be an exception. Singe's DoT burn does not reflect on curse either. I've tested numerous pets and they do not reflect on curse.
    Could you actually provide video proof or something, all your post are biased in support for SNS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    How are we going to ever upgrade from the old Samael pet then? We have to start somewhere. Next upgrade all pets post-Samael.

Pre-Sns Buff, the pet was constantly shelved in my stable.
    As I usually decide my teams setup, I want my tanks to go with singe not Samael.

For tank I believe singe is better than Samael because of the party buff.

Like I said earlier, yes it is time for Samael to move on but SNS is not the answer, you still haven't answered the questions I asked you in my previous posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

If a tank chooses to remain in a pool, that is his own fault. I have had to fight against SnS too. Being smart about the pet and predicting when the AA will be dropped are key tactics to avoiding death at the hands of this pet. Do not put yourself in a vulnerable situation and you will not die. Simple, right?

A non-crit aimed shot does 1.4k damage. SnS does not top this so please do not exaggerate.

I don't have specific data but devs can prove that there is a higher SnS : other players ratio in CTF than TDM and PvE.

Of course SnS does 1.4k in 2 seconds. One pool does 600-800 per tick. A tick is one second.

Aimed shot does 1.4k every 2 seconds. 1.4/2 = 700 Imagine 2-3 stacked pools.

Its not that easy to avoid pools if they're all over the place, which is true almost everytime in the narrow CTF hallways.
    Last edited by Bless; 10-18-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Credits to Iady