Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sns fix come or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Also, they buffed bulwark, and nerfed it. They disappointed a third of AL population, so it goes the same for SnS. The argument that its "unfair" or a disappointment for SnS owners is just how warriors feel, but wasn't bulwark proc like a 5th skill?
    SnS is too OP for maxed players let alone the average joe. A ring tank can be downed by two stacked pools in < 5 seconds.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    The people who have SnS either worked extremely hard during elondria event to get it or spent TONS of gold to buy it off of someone who worked hard to remain in LB

To anyone who thinks this discussion isnt about PvP drama, youre wrong, its absolutely 100% about pvp drama

I think if people worked so hard to get SnS it should be OP, it doesnt stun you, pools can go anywhere and with good tanks on your side you can beat a team using SnS
    I find a team stacked with maul warriors during season4 alot harder to beat than a team with 3 SnS pets, yet nothing was done about mauls.

As rava said its mind blowing to see every new released arcane pet being inferior to old uncle Sam (other than SnS which has a creative aa)
    If other newer arcane pets get the kinds of buffs they deserve and sorc class is fixed with... whatever, SnS would seem more fair to others who dont have it, I dont think nerfing is the answer.
    The people who worked really hard to buy 150m+ gear like samael, arcane ring, bow, etc SPENT TONS OF TIME AND PLAT TO EARN IT. A stupid 100m pet > 150m gear + pet. GG.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    Honestly you have no room to talk here, I have never seen you in a PvP room this season and I PVP a lot...

You don't know the inequality and struggle..
    LOL just funny, ask bless who kindly thanked you for that comment if he saw me in pvp, or the rest of your guildies cause im in ctf ALOT

I got over 3k kills the last 1-2 months alone which is alot for me (thank you my dear haters for kills), i have any room in the world to talk right here all i want cause i experiences ctf atleast 3 times a week thank you have a beautiful day =]
    Last edited by matanofx; 10-18-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    The people who worked really hard to buy 150m+ gear like samael, arcane ring, bow, etc SPENT TONS OF TIME AND PLAT TO EARN IT. A stupid 100m pet > 150m gear + pet. GG.
    So you think someone with sns and pink gear will beat your 150m gear including sam/arcane ring/full mythic set+weap?

Those SnS owners also (mostly) have 150m gear, its okay to disagree but no need to spread inaccuracies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Honestly you have no room to talk here, I have never seen you in a PvP room this season and I PVP a lot...

You don't know the inequality and struggle..
    I've seen MatanofX in PvP on more than a few occasions. Timezones are a dastardly thing! :/

@Remember Me
    They sold the pets to leaderboard contestants as being OP. The bugs that you are constantly repeating, I am constantly correcting. They are not bugs.

Poison ignores armor. If you want armor to be factored in, prepare for noxious bolt to be nerfed, curse to be nerfed, and many other things that follow the same game mechanics. Furthermore, no DoT DMG is reflected back from pets period. So, if it were, all pets would have to be changed to this as this is a basic rule that ALL pets follow.

Let me know which part of the post you do not understand and I will clarify it for you.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So you think someone with sns and pink gear will beat your 150m gear including sam/arcane ring/full mythic set+weap?

Those SnS owners also (mostly) have 150m gear, its okay to disagree but no need to spread inaccuracies.
    Yep.

What Bless is saying is that he expects to be on an equal level with somebody in 300m gear versus someone with 150m gear. It is just not going to happen. Nevertheless, it's completely possible to kill an SnS user with non SnS. Magnum does it, players do it, it's not impossible at all. There were multiple SnS teams that came into the tournament and a lot of them lost to non SnS teams. I think that alone proves it is not as much of a game changer as people like to state. Instead, it's just a popular scapegoat.

Also, I would appreciate if players did not write things off as glitches when they aren't. These are very deeply rooted game mechanics that have long been present since before SnS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

LOL just funny, ask bless who kindly thanked you for that comment if he saw me in pvp, or the rest of your guildies cause im in ctf ALOT

I got over 3k kills the last 1-2 months alone which is alot for me (thank you my dear haters for kills), i have any room in the world to talk right here all i want cause i experiences ctf atleast 3 times a week thank you have a beautiful day =]
    Wow three times a week, I deal with multiple sns's daily....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I've seen MatanofX in PvP on more than a few occasions. Timezones are a dastardly thing! :/

@Remember Me
    They sold the pets to leaderboard contestants as being OP. The bugs that you are constantly repeating, I am constantly correcting. They are not bugs.

Poison ignores armor. If you want armor to be factored in, prepare for noxious bolt to be nerfed, curse to be nerfed, and many other things that follow the same game mechanics. Furthermore, no DoT DMG is reflected back from pets period. So, if it were, all pets would have to be changed to this as this is a basic rule that ALL pets follow.

Let me know which part of the post you do not understand and I will clarify it for you.
    Like I said earlier, I'm not look for a theoretical from you. I'm looking for an answer from a Dev or Mod.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Holding onto to Samael to me is like holding onto Mythic Armor/Helmet. Its considered top notch in most cases. Just wish there was more or better. Most people have it.

Now there finally exists a pet, in my opinion, better than the seasons old Samael. Its a good start.

Sure when some people say more than 1 SnS = gg and many felt that way against Arcane Ring users. 2 or more rings vs no rings = GG right? So to find a solution, there weren't many requesting to nerf the Arcane Ring but to instead find a competitive alternate such as a 41 Mythic Ring (which I am still for).

Where is the competitive pet to Sns? None. If a nerf came to Sns, might as well award Samael to Ursoth winners. I'm sure STS probably wanted people to take their events seriously and not make it feel like the buyers/sellers/winners weren't getting their value's worth with the pet.

My suggestion for buffs to current arcane pets newer than Samael:

Singe: AA now removes stun/terror/panic/movement impairing (counter to old Samael)
    Nekro: 1-2s invulnerability on the shield (may help with the useless scorch ability too) and 12% speed increase on AA (small counter to Sns)
    Whimm: Buff stats and MP regen. Good for pulling opposing teammates out of green pools.

You'll see slightly more different variety of arcane pets with this. Value will go up for sellers. Those with the current pets will be happy. Most people will be happy. Sns users will be happy that they still got their 100m-150m pets worth in value.

Otherwise, don't bring back whimm, don't introduce new arcane pets. We'll just be stuck with Samael. Replace imaginary fossils in arena with Samael.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Furthermore, thousands of players PvP? There are not even more than a few thousand players online at a given time. Players who are affected are around 40 players in total from each side of the guild war. This is about PvP drama and I certainly hope STG will not displease one crowd only to appease another.

We've seen how well that turns out and it's not a smart decision. Release new pets and buff the pets that have been release AFTER Samael. I do not think it was developers intention for Samael to forever be king of PvP just like how I do not expect SnS to forever be king of PvP (which it is not even right now).

Guild war drama should not be a relative point towards nerfing items that STG sold to 30+ leaderboard contestants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Like I said earlier, I'm not look for a theoretical from you. I'm looking for an answer from a Dev or Mod.

Thanks for trying to help me.
    These are not theoreticals. Please search the forums for quotes from the developers. Poison is meant to ignore armor and works off of the same mechanics as curse. I believe the developer who posted this was Swede or Carapace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

SnS alone can kill a dps easily if two or more pools stack, which is frequent if you calculate the space and the pool area, forget the players 150m gear, lol.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Holding onto to Samael to me is like holding onto Mythic Armor/Helmet. Its considered top notch in most cases. Just wish there was more or better. Most people have it.

Now there finally exists a pet, in my opinion, better than the seasons old Samael. Its a good start.

Sure when some people say more than 1 SnS = gg and many felt that way against Arcane Ring users. 2 or more rings vs no rings = GG right? So to find a solution, there weren't many requesting to nerf the Arcane Ring but to instead find a competitive alternate such as a 41 Mythic Ring (which I am still for).

Where is the competitive pet to Sns? None. If a nerf came to Sns, might as well award Samael to Ursoth winners. I'm sure STS probably wanted people to take their events seriously and not make it feel like the buyers/sellers/winners weren't getting their value's worth with the pet.

Singe: AA now removes stun/terror/panic/movement impairing (counter to old Samael)
    Nekro: 1-2s invulnerability on the shield (may help with the useless scorch ability too) and 12% speed increase on AA (small counter to Sns)
    Whimm: Buff stats and MP regen. Good for pulling opposing teammates out of green pools.

You'll see slightly more different variety of arcane pets with this. Value will go up for sellers. Those with the current pets will be happy. Most people will be happy. Sns users will be happy that they still got their 100m-150m pets worth in value.

Otherwise, don't bring back whimm, don't introduce new arcane pets. We'll just be stuck with Samael. Replace imaginary fossils in arena with Samael.
    A pet doesn't have to have the ability to one hit enemies to be considered better than Samael.

A pet also doesn't have to heal a tank to full in 2 ticks either from a stacked pool to be better than a Samael.

Like Zeus said earlier whim is OP in its own way, there can be other pets like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

Right on the money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

These are not theoreticals. Please search the forums for quotes from the developers. Poison is meant to ignore armor and works off of the same mechanics as curse. I believe the developer who posted this was Swede or Carapace.
    Please quote/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

It's not a bug. It's classified as an environmental effect. Curse also does not reflect pet passive attacks or arcane ability.
    Yeah it is a bug because it doesn't matter if its an environmental effect or not, you're doing damage in PvP, the damage should be reflected. Since you have control whether or not to use the arcane ability. You don't have to use it right? Also you thought this was a great idea here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1662686

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Yeah it is a bug because it doesn't matter if its an environmental effect or not, you're doing damage in PvP, the damage should be reflected. Since you have control whether or not to use the arcane ability. You don't have to use it right? Also you thought this was a great idea here:

Thank you for your wisdom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

A pet doesn't have to have the ability to one hit enemies to be considered better than Samael.

A pet also doesn't have to heal a tank to full in 2 ticks either from a stacked pool to be better than a Samael.

Like Zeus said earlier whim is OP in its own way, there can be other pets like that.
    Yes, SnS is OP in its own way as well. It is considered overpowered in small spaces such as the CTF room. In a PvE environment or a TDM map, there are better choices to be used. The open spaces in TDM result in the SnS pools spreading far and thing thus ruining the effectiveness of the AA.

Additionally, the only time I've seen a tank been healed to full in 2 ticks is when all the health pools stack which is just not a common occurrence.

Thank you for helping pointing out SnS weaknesses!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    SnS alone can kill a dps easily if two or more pools stack, which is frequent if you calculate the space and the pool area, forget the players 150m gear, lol.
    If the player is wearing 150m gear, he should be more than capable of killing a player with just legendary gear but SnS. The fact is that most SnS users have your 150m gear + a 150m pet. You are not going to be on an equal level with them - period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Yes, SnS is OP in its own way as well. It is considered overpowered in small spaces such as the CTF room. In a PvE environment or a TDM map, there are better choices to be used. The open spaces in TDM result in the SnS pools spreading far and thing thus ruining the effectiveness of the AA.

Additionally, the only time I've seen a tank been healed to full in 2 ticks is when all the health pools stack which is just not a common occurrence.

Thank you for helping pointing out SnS weaknesses!

If the player is wearing 150m gear, he should be more than capable of killing a player with just legendary gear but SnS. The fact is that most SnS users have your 150m gear + a 150m pet. You are not going to be on an equal level with them - period.
    Exactly, I'm talking about the stacking issue in the CtF room.

Please scroll up and read, thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

I did and now I do not. Why? The pet has changed since then. All a curse mage would have to do is stand in a pool to win a fight since curse is based on the speed of DoTs, not the damage. If they are going to do this, they need to do it to all pets. Then again, that would make curse a very very OP skill - would it not?