Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sns fix come or not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Yeah it is a bug because it doesn't matter if its an environmental effect or not, you're doing damage in PvP, the damage should be reflected. Since you have control whether or not to use the arcane ability. You don't have to use it right? Also you thought this was a great idea here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1662686
    I did and now I do not. Why? The pet has changed since then. All a curse mage would have to do is stand in a pool to win a fight since curse is based on the speed of DoTs, not the damage. If they are going to do this, they need to do it to all pets. Then again, that would make curse a very very OP skill - would it not?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I did and now I do not. Why? The pet has changed since then. All a curse mage would have to do is stand in a pool to win a fight since curse is based on the speed of DoTs, not the damage. If they are going to do this, they need to do it to all pets. Then again, that would make curse a very very OP skill - would it not?
    For an OP pet I think that's a fair tradeoff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I did and now I do not. Why? All a curse mage would have to do is stand in a pool to win a fight since curse is based on the speed of DoTs, not the damage. If they are going to do this, they need to do it to all pets. Then again, that would make curse a very very OP skill - would it not?
    If it doesn't work, then all pet arcane ability should be reflected. Very few pet do as much DOT damage, so this would be balanced so it would only affect a small number of players. This wouldn't affect PvP balance and offer a counter balance to SnS as the way misty offers a counter balance to curse. Also a mage standing in a damage pool risks dieing before curse kills your opponent. So STS should fix this and have SnS DOT damage reflected by curse.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    If it doesn't work, then all pet arcane ability should be reflected. Very few pet do as much DOT damage, so this would be balanced so it would only affect a small number of players. This wouldn't affect PvP balance and offer a counter balance to SnS as the way misty offers a counter balance to curse. Also a mage standing in a damage pool risks dieing before curse kills your opponent. So STS should fix this and have SnS DOT damage reflected by curse.
    Pets that do DoT damage are reflected by curse, you can easily test this with the wurmtongues substantial poison attack..