Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Halloween Event Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

He wasnt leeching, he was guarding to keep the boss from resetting, but i did encounter a lot of leechers on other bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

To reply the thread of commander (the link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=185004 )
    The 3 energies were not given as an apology. They were given as a greeting of Halloween.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Feedback? Yeah i need you STS to feed me back with my lose energy due to dc'ed, your server problem. More great if you fix this issue, its whole days of event people complaint about this, still the main issue until the end of halloween days in Arlor.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

All I want is either to get a refund on Scorch or more preferably a buff on his completely useless AA as well as a stat buff w/ DMG % added :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

maybe its because they cant cross the circle without dying? I have friends playing the game who instantly dies upon crossing that circle, which means they cant help you in any way. This is not leeching, its just they are unable to help die to their equips etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I disagree with the suggestion of people not getting loot during an event.

Instead, they should make it where there are no entry hazards to get to the final boss so that no one has to be left out in the first place to avoid situations like these.

Seems to me like a cheap ploy to get people to spend plat or gold on ankh kits instead of letting them fight the boss with their team.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Guarding was a legitimate strategy with weaker groups against Para. Thing is, in most cases guarding was prearanged even in pugs. Meaning that the group usually decided who would guard before starting the fight or before the second phase (Para transformed).

A guy just standing there without giving any indication as to why he's doing what he's doing was not considered guarding. Plus, strong groups obviously didn't need guarding and I'm getting the notion this was exactly the case the OP is talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Ya a lot of people did that to prevent reset, but I would say hey come fight and they usually did. Towards the end of event most people got the hang id para and guarding wasn't necessary. It was a minor inconvenience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

The problem in AL is, theres too much gap between pro player and undergear player even in the same level. Its difficult to create balance boss that not too hard for noob and not too easy for arcane player.

Halloween event is an example, the 4 bosses is too hard for newbie. I was a noob and i dont like ppl who blame on undergear player. If you r pro, be a leader and tell your team about strategy to defeat boss. They won't listen? Keep try and dont give up. Keep in mind that all undergear player need to defeat boss too, our responsibility as a better and stronger player to help em. Its hard? Yes it is, but this is your decision by doin random party. You need gather point fast? You need kill boss fast? You won't disturb by noob? Make a pro party with your guildmates then.

Sorry no offense

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Energy should only be taken when you successfully kill the boss. Paying for energy before you kill the boss leads to these problems. If its taken when you kill the boss then if the player is leeching, you can just stop and leave the map. Then re-enter without the leecher.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Energy should only be taken when you successfully kill the boss. Paying for energy before you kill the boss leads to these problems. If its taken when you kill the boss then if the player is leeching, you can just stop and leave the map. Then re-enter without the leecher.
    I agree with this. It would also solve the problems of disconnecting and losing energy. The only downside tho, is that no one might run with undergeared PUGs anymore because they know they can leave and try another PUG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

brillant..just brillant
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Agree this as a pro player. But for noob/undergear player side this idea is disaster, why? Ppl keep in try to find best player in room, so what we do just enter portal and out when we see Pugs inside. I think this isnt fair for them.
    I was noob before, and im prety sure we all too. How long a game can still survive without new player ? If u love this game and wanna play for a long time, helping new player is a must.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Great idea! Unfortunate players who DC won't feel cheated now.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TCH22 View Post
    maybe its because they cant cross the circle without dying? I have friends playing the game who instantly dies upon crossing that circle, which means they cant help you in any way. This is not leeching, its just they are unable to help die to their equips etc.
    For every class there was a way across
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    For every class there was a way across
    True. It was hardest for rogues, but possible for all.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Agree this as a pro player. But for noob/undergear player side this idea is disaster, why? Ppl keep in try to find best player in room, so what we do just enter portal and out when we see Pugs inside. I think this isnt fair for them.
    I was noob before, and im prety sure we all too. How long a game can still survive without new player ? If u love this game and wanna play for a long time, helping new player is a must.
    Honestly I didn't join a guild til late game and soloed most maps as a noob. We aren't parents just players who want to have fun without being inefficient by worrying about how good randoms are doing.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lubo Penev View Post
    Guarding was a legitimate strategy with weaker groups against Para. Thing is, in most cases guarding was prearanged even in pugs. Meaning that the group usually decided who would guard before starting the fight or before the second phase (Para transformed).

A guy just standing there without giving any indication as to why he's doing what he's doing was not considered guarding. Plus, strong groups obviously didn't need guarding and I'm getting the notion this was exactly the case the OP is talking about.
    Actually it was not legitimate at all from about the third day of the event. They made it so that if everyone died and free ressed, the boss did not go back to full health. You could die and free res and go back and he would still be at the hp he was when you died. At least this is what happened when I was running with pugs and/or warriors.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Actually it was not legitimate at all from about the third day of the event. They made it so that if everyone died and free ressed, the boss did not go back to full health. You could die and free res and go back and he would still be at the hp he was when you died. At least this is what happened when I was running with pugs and/or warriors.
    only happen when u running back to the boss fast, theres time limit before reset. For fatty warrior and slowly mage, high percentage he'll reset.
    suggestion next event, erase the boss ability to reset

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Feedback? Dc dc dc dc dc
    Suggestion? Bring back the old client before the event was implemented. It will solve the dc bug