Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: LB Rewards - Mod/Devs Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Captain View Post
    Lb rewards have never been tradeable why would you expect these ones to be?
    The event leaderboard rewards have always been tradable.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Ooh I wasn't here for last event my b

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Exactly. Means normal people may have a chance to obtain something like this by "actually playing". Not buying with millions and millions of gold. And not by bank rolling other players to do it for you.
    What if you need 30m one day for new mythics and got nothing but your untradeable halloween vanities? If they become tradeable then other people who wanted them, but didnt get to top on lb, would have the chance to buy from you. That's more fair, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    sure, if I don't got the time..i have real cash. Devs cant eat on virtual gold currency. I bought the gold vanity for 500 plat in PL..this would be no different.
    I understand your point, but what if i dont like the mage vanity, so if i could sell for gold later, then i would gladly purchase plat now to finance my lb runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

If it is tradeable, I think one vanity per winner is more fair. One vanity for each toon in account is a bit abused

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I understand your point, but what if i dont like the mage vanity, so if i could sell for gold later, then i would gladly purchase plat now to finance my lb runs.
    I want the ghost vanity, just because my IGN matches the vanity (reallllly badddlllyy) I would def run LB. I understand that you would finance plat to run it..but now this mean more then just a few rich people can try there luck and not break the bank to run for the nice prizes. People who do run it should do it because they want the items to keep (like me I would keep them I have 3 mains)...and not try to extort players just because they spent energy kits, time, and some plat.

But there is cheaper and cost effective options, aslong as the devs try them out.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

People will still run the LB for sure but dont expect any intensity.
    As for LB rewards available for plat No just No.

The reward is already not tradeable and wont grant any income...if even the exclusivity gets removed .you can throw your LB in the trash can.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    People will still run the LB for sure but dont expect any intensity.
    As for LB rewards available for plat No just No.

The reward is already not tradeable and wont grant any income...add on that its not even exclusivr...and you throw your LB in the trash can
    re-colored bud Never did I say the same ones purchasable and lb already get a gift because they get 3 sets.

the only thing exclusivity is anything 1st season...and holiday items always return..just look at this years and last years event.
    Im just speeding up the inevitable.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-22-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laveen View Post
    What if you need 30m one day for new mythics and got nothing but your untradeable halloween vanities? If they become tradeable then other people who wanted them, but didnt get to top on lb, would have the chance to buy from you. That's more fair, imo.
    I guess its just a difference in opinion on what an event should be. Play and have fun and compete? or Bankroll for possible mythics down the road.

Play here and now in my opinion. Waitng and waiting and waiting is boring.

Make everything bound (almost). I play another game like that... its MUCH more enjoyable.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

But still it's probably for the same reason that season lb banners aren't tradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I want the ghost vanity, just because my IGN matches the vanity (reallllly badddlllyy) I would def run LB. I understand that you would finance plat to run it..but now this mean more then just a few rich people can try there luck and not break the bank to run for the nice prizes. People who do run it should do it because they want the items to keep (like me I would keep them I have 3 mains)...and not try to extort players just because they spent energy kits, time, and some plat.

But there is cheaper and cost effective options, aslong as the devs try them out.
    Yea thats another problem, many people see these events as a main gold income. Its not necessarily wrong, because not rly worth farming elite maps and tombs in this part of the season.

I'm a bit of both, i still got my mythic ring which i won on time run contest last summer, many people sold for high price 10m+, i still got it, because im using it. At this event, i really want that frankenstein vanity for my warrior twink, i think it is the best looking vanity in the history of the game, but a few gold would be nice, if i could sell some other things.
    Last edited by Haligali; 10-22-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Alright listen, I don't think it's right that sts wasn't open about these new restrictions on lb vanities from the get go. Even right now there's no indication on the prize description when I click on my name. Not gd.

On prizes - The time, effort and money spent should at least earn us the freedom to pass on the prize to whoever the darn heck we please. Whether for the price of money or as gifts of friendship, is no one's business but our own.

Yes, we are leaderboarders. But many of us are also paying customers who put our money where our mouths are to help keep the game running. We ask for concrete changes - but then we do not ask for them and then just take advantage of the free to play concept. And we stuck through the plat farming fiasco that left many of us feeling like we overpaid for our experience.

So pls don't punish us now. Do what's sensible, listen to the people who actually keep the game going, and for goodness sake pls make these sets tradeable so we actually have a reason to continue supporting the game. Thx for reading
    Last edited by Heiress; 10-22-2014 at 12:33 PM.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Heiress For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I don't care if you change the prizes so that if you get top 25, you can only win your class' vanity, but please make it tradable... Zzzz what is this

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Responses are in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Heiress View Post
    Alright listen, I don't think it's right that sts wasn't open about these new restrictions on lb vanities from the get go. Even right now there's no indication on the prize description when I click on my name. Not gd.
    Items are now bound (which should be the case for every event). Why do they have to tell the winners that they can't sell the items that they earned. its like a banner that you cant sell because you earned it. I would love a deathmatch banner..even tho i never pvped.

On prizes - The time, effort and money spent should at least earn us the freedom to pass on the prize to whoever the darn heck we please. Whether for the price of money or as gifts of friendship, is no one's business but our own.
    This is there game, there rules, they can actually take away my name if they feel they need to (i'm Ghost IGN). yes, you earn it..now its bound just like a banner.

Yes, we are leaderboarders. But most of us are also paying customers who put our money where our mouths are to help keep the game running. We ask for changes - but then we support u through action not just words. We do not ask for changes and try to leech off the free to play concept. And we stuck through the plat farming fiasco that left many of us feeling like we overpaid for our experience.
    I keep the game running buy buying plat..and buying what I want with it. Those plat farmers are gone which gave items ingame now some value. As customers we have the right to stop playing and move on. So atm im having trouble seeing your point.

So pls don't punish us now. Do what's sensible, listen to the people who actually keep the game going, and for goodness sake pls make these sets tradeable so we actually have a reason to continue supporting the game. Think carefully.
    whats sensible is for the majority of players (what is based of many of the decisions in AL) that can have a shot at high-end items and feel pro at the end of the day, I want those vanities also...but if the people who earn them can't sell them I feel 100x better
    Last edited by octavos; 10-22-2014 at 12:38 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I love this idea lmao probably best post ive read this year from remiem to make it untradeble the brain who brought the idea god bless you

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kurd4ever For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Makes me wonder if u just want the profit from farming and selling or if u want the vanity or not, like Rare says above, if u want the VANITY then ull run it and that's how it definitely should be, and even then people will still spend millions of gold just to get this, people will still buy plat and maybe people who actually want and are willing to spend the time trying to get it will get it

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Aslanx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kurd4ever View Post
    I love this idea lmao probably best post ive read this year from remiem to make it untradeble the brain who brought the idea god bless you
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    Makes me wonder if u just want the profit from farming and selling or if u want the vanity or not, like Rare says above, if u want the VANITY then ull run it and that's how it definitely should be, and even then people will still spend millions of gold just to get this, people will still buy plat and maybe people who actually want and are willing to spend the time trying to get it will get it
    As you can see, I believe there words Kudos guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

All I know... Is if people continue getting points at the rate they are going... The vanities are going to be so extremely expensive that you might consider going out to get some high end designer fashion instead.

If the event is 2 weeks long, by my back of the napkin math, you would need to spend $900 to be in the top 25 if using plat. If it's 3 weeks try $1,350. You can extrapolate how much it would cost using gold from above.

At that point I imagine Grim eggs will be going for deary prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    All I know... Is if people continue getting points at the rate they are going... The vanities are going to be so extremely expensive that you might consider going out to get some high end designer fashion instead.

If the event is 2 weeks long, by my back of the napkin math, you would need to spend $900 to be in the top 25 if using plat. If it's 3 weeks try $1,350. You can extrapolate how much it would cost using gold from above.

At that point I imagine Grim eggs will be going for deary prices.
    This basically sums it all up...
    That's all people need to know, to know that the rewards being untradeable is a good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I honestly think this is STS' way of telling us to spend plat or gold, but not TOO much. If they became tradeable, that would be another costly item in circulation, just when the economy is still trying to stabilize itself. The problem I see here though, is that it was never announced that these prizes would be account-bound like banners (unless we all missed the memo). That is, imho, the only hurdle here. Whether the vanities are tradeable or not, it should have been announce right away, when the teasers were released.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post: