Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: LB Rewards - Mod/Devs Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yep, people are forgetting that these are prizes. If someone wants a trophy, you get the banner. The prize, you should do anything you want.

A trophy is not a prize. It can be but the trophy is already the banner. Owners of the prizes should have the right do what they want with them.
    I'd figure this be most logical... Guess not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Prizes are just like timed run banners. You are not forced to get the best time but you want the banner at the end of the season (same with these puppies). So I believe anyone should NOT be able to do what, even if they feel its there "prize" the effects hurt the economy.... want the prize, then run it. As for you running Zeus, yay you have my support in prayer..in funding.... im spending it else where. have a lovely day and get plenty of sleep.
    How can the effects hurt the economy when no gold is being generated from the prize? It's only transferring from player A to player B. Also, yes, the banner is untradable so I agree with that. That is a trophy, no?

Thanks for the well wishes!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    As a person who is running this event and hoping to get a prize, I feel as if it should be MY decision to do whatever I want with my prize. Banners should be untradable, but our prizes are OUR prizes. I don't think there's anything to say about that.
    I totally agree
    I run the event to get all three sets not to be used myself
    I am a mage and I want to keep mage vanity and gift rogue and warrior sets to my dearest who cant run themselves. This is the only reason I am awake for 36hrs by now and was going to take a short break only.
    But this event we get dozens of untradable items. Why? If I want to gift, someone wants to sell... we spend time and money and all we get as a result is "be selfish, keep all"?
    Disappointments... hands down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Yo sts, if you can see from all our "precious feedback", we say otherwise to your decision. Please take it into consideration. This isn't right. It would've been acceptable if you announced this BEFORE the event, but after I've spent all my gold and went in debt? Not cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Additionally, I think that feedback should come from those actually running the leaderboard. After all, they have firsthand experience, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Prizes are just like timed run banners. You are not forced to get the best time but you want the banner at the end of the season (same with these puppies). So I believe anyone should NOT be able to do what, even if they feel its there "prize" the effects hurt the economy.... want the prize, then run it. As for you running Zeus, yay you have my support in prayer..in funding.... im spending it else where. have a lovely day and get plenty of sleep.
    I don't see any relevance of this issue with hurting the economy. Could you elaborate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It would've been acceptable if you announced this BEFORE the event, but after I've spent all my gold and went in debt? Not cool.
    The same thing we bulwark users felt after the nerf thread you did.. lets just say quits???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    The same thing we bulwark users felt after the nerf thread you did.. lets just say quits???
    I never wanted a "nerf" to Bulwark. If you read my comments on the thread, giving a warrior a mage's skill was the big no-no. It was also a thread to show how weak the mage class was compared to the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I never wanted a "nerf" to Bulwark. If you read my comments on the thread, giving a warrior a mage's skill was the big no-no. It was also a thread to show how weak the mage class was compared to the rest.
    Reasons.. haha

Anyway goodluck with the event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Timed run banners are seasonal, not events. Delphina hosted a time run contest in 2013 summer, there was an unique banner - designed by a forumer - as a trophy and a brand new mythic ring as a prize. The ring was tradeable, the banner not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

A solid answer would be awesome.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

There's a lot of talk about how untradeable awards affects leaderboard winners, and I must say that both sides have their valid points. But the real importance of this subject, in my opinion, is not how this decision affects the 1%, but rather the other 99%. Let's suppose the awards stays untradeable, wouldn't that result in less high-end players spending their money on elixirs, energy kits and so on, which in turn affects low-end players? It seems to me that tradeable awards stimulates AL's economy, without them it would just be... like any other day in AL? F"%/& recession man...

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to AL's economy, so I'm probably more wrong than right, but I'd really appreciate someone else's input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

That depends if you think trickle down economics work. See, I'm bringing politics into the discussion even. Now then... Who is blue and who is red.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Right now, we're kinda on the fence about the tradeable-ness. We can appreciate the viewpoint that wants them to be tradeable, but also like the feeling that hey, if you earn it, you get it!

We're not making a snap change to them right now.
    I think this is a terrible decision, im not even running the event I can already understand why most people running the event are outraged, every event that's happened the items have been tradeable, people have ran theese events for profits, if you announced this to start with then whatever, but people have already wasted 4 to 10m on energy kits . Or that in platimun. Alot of people dont have all there characters on one account so most people who get theese vanitys will only be able to use 1 of them, also energy is so expensive this time around, because theres less plat fluctuating into the game, so people who dont have real life money to buy energy for plat or people who don't have in game gold have no hope at getting this vanity, If theese events were free to run , you could do whatever you wanted with them, and it wouldn't really matter, but theese events are far from free, there costing alott of gold/money. I just feel you should listen tp the people who are actually running this event, not the people who just have something to say in every situation on the fourms, and its clear to see the people who r running this event, aren't impressed, its a bad move by you guys, and im disappointed, for everyone whos wasted money/gold already.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 10-22-2014 at 02:34 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

There are many reasons why a person may compete. Some may want to compete for the glory, some may want to compete for the wealth. My question is...why does STG want to reduce the competition?
    Because those that compete for fun are probably a much greater number that would realistically compete for glory or wealth. If those are in play (like goblin even and ursoth) a large portion of the population will not compete. They'll do the daily stuff and move on. Or not even bother to come back.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    I think this is a terrible decision, im not even running the event I can already understand why most people running the event are outraged, every event that's happened the items have been tradeable,
    Now this.... this I agree with. But this is how STS does it. Be honest. They set precedence... then they break it. It far from the first time and probably will not be the last.

Was it clear before the event started the items would not be tradable?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Here is a suggestion:
    The vanity that corresponds to your class remains stashable only, whilst the other 2 classes of vanities are made tradable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelia View Post
    Here is a suggestion:
    The vanity that corresponds to your class remains stashable only, whilst the other 2 classes of vanities are made tradable.
    I would be fine with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

As someone who's running the event lb, I am outraged at this decision.; If the op did not come up with this thread, we would have been living under the assumption that these rewards are tradable. Personally, if I manage to bag the prize, I'll use the vanity and probably sell it in the future.

I just came from a long break and decided to give A.L. another try. This event sure is a refresher with the introduction of the new Paracelsus stone, mythic weapons and unique vanities. Now, the issue here is that if only the developers/moderator announced it in the first place, I and the other runners would have saved hard earned gold in the first place (well to those who were running with the purpose of selling it).

I care not if I only get the vanity that matches my class, as long as they become tradable, I'm good with it.

-micdrop-
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I would be fine with that.
    Same here.