Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: LB Rewards - Mod/Devs Question

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Right now, we're kinda on the fence about the tradeable-ness. We can appreciate the viewpoint that wants them to be tradeable, but also like the feeling that hey, if you earn it, you get it!

We're not making a snap change to them right now.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Right now, we're kinda on the fence about the tradeable-ness. We can appreciate the viewpoint that wants them to be tradeable, but also like the feeling that hey, if you earn it, you get it!

Thx for that post sam,
    then dont make a change, and go do bigger better things like Christmas ...ill just be glad to see them again next year. Now with a dev post signing out.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

It's also counting on people that have both the time, money, and/or platinum/gold to run the event. I did not see major complaints last time so I don't see why not. :/
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Responses are in red.
    I want those vanities also...but if the people who earn them can't sell them I feel 100x better
    Well what a way to sum it up

Why let what others have , and have achieved, swing ur mood. Unnecessary upset for u.

Hope to see the vanities become tradeable. Let those who earned the vanities, and those who would've but didn't have the time to, have that basic freedom of choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiress View Post
    Well what a way to sum it up

Why let what others have , and have achieved, swing ur mood. Unnecessary upset for u.

Hope to see the vanities become tradeable. Let those who earned the vanities, and those who would've but didn't have the time to, have that basic freedom of choice.
    Yep, exactly. Competition comes in many forms, why are people so adamant about limiting it to only those who want the vanity to wear? Is it because it makes the competition easier?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiress View Post
    Alright listen, I don't think it's right that sts wasn't open about these new restrictions on lb vanities from the get go. Even right now there's no indication on the prize description when I click on my name. Not gd.

On prizes - The time, effort and money spent should at least earn us the freedom to pass on the prize to whoever the darn heck we please. Whether for the price of money or as gifts of friendship, is no one's business but our own.

Yes, we are leaderboarders. But many of us are also paying customers who put our money where our mouths are to help keep the game running. We ask for concrete changes - but then we do not ask for them and then just take advantage of the free to play concept. And we stuck through the plat farming fiasco that left many of us feeling like we overpaid for our experience.

So pls don't punish us now. Do what's sensible, listen to the people who actually keep the game going, and for goodness sake pls make these sets tradeable so we actually have a reason to continue supporting the game. Thx for reading
    Omfg....this just couldn't have been said any better!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Got to agree with Zeus on this one...

If i spend money on the event to reach the top, i want to be able to do whatever pleases me with my reward.
    Take for example if a emergency comes in future i dont think lb runners wanna look at the 3 vanities in their inventory and remember how they wasted time, money and effort for something worthless.

The energy system is not the type that promotes friendship, fun or whatever you think it promotes. Dont lie to us Sam.

Especially the LB, its a system based on competitivity, no life play and hate.
    People choose to still drink this bitter medicine you call energy system and still buy plat to run your lifekilla LB cause of the rewards.

So those rewards better be good and free to dispose of as the runners want.

Amen.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-22-2014 at 01:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Good idea to make vanities not tradeable. These vanities are trophies to those winning the event, like LB banners, not items for sale.
    However, a re-colored version of these LB vanities is also appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's also counting on people that have both the time, money, and/or platinum/gold to run the event. I did not see major complaints last time so I don't see why not. :/
    The problem is they should have been bound from the 1st event..like a pet eg: amazon promo, to the LB winner. I could easily pay a person to run LB for me with cash since i don't have the time to do it myself.

as for the major complains?!?! there wasn't any because the goal was to resell items...even now thats the purpose...put the one on your main and sell the rest.
    I could post all the selling threads of LB items..but im to lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    Good idea to make vanities not tradeable. These vanities are trophies to those winning the event, like LB banners, not items for sale.
    hell yea bud

Yep, exactly. Competition comes in many forms, why are people so adamant about limiting it to only those who want the vanity to wear? Is it because it makes the competition easier?
    think of it like this...Its like a trophy, it has your name on it....obviously someone else wont take a trophy with your name. But you would sell it if it was made of solid gold. And why are you thinking of everyone else...let those players do what they have to...if its easy for them then i applaud them.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-22-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Why not limit it to people that will actually play the game you ask?

NOT doing that is what ruined AL in the first place.

AKA... it encourages greedy people to cheat, scam, plat farm, etc, to get gold to get the biggest and baddest first. Kill the problem at the root. There are lot of money grabbers in AL. Not EVERYTHING has to be.
    Last edited by Rare; 10-22-2014 at 01:34 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    There are many reasons why a person may compete. Some may want to compete for the glory, some may want to compete for the wealth. My question is...why does STG want to reduce the competition? The way this is set up, it only makes the competition easier and open to only those with the time, gold, and/or platinum. From the way I look at it, that's a very closed off leaderboard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys, to clear this up, all of the top 25 winners for each class will receive ALL 3 vanities. That way, if you win on a twink, you've got a vanity for your main, or vice versa. They are only stashable though, not tradeable. So no trade-sies except to yourself.
    So twinks under level 35 can get the rewards? Cause I can recall reading something in the 'how to play' menu about rewards only eligible for players level 35+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Its like a trophy it has your name on it....obviously someone else wont take a trophy with your name.
    This trophy doesn't have a name on it though. It's just a trophy without any sort of personal engraving hence no reason why it should be bound. It's just a blank trophy, that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

This trophy doesn't have a name on it though. It's just a trophy without any sort of personal engraving hence no reason why it should be bound. It's just a blank trophy, that's all.
    ok, ill explain it less with a real object...yes?

But thats what the devs have done so a trophy isn't givin or sold away. As I see it, are you running LB? so I can see why you are a weeeebit upset. Why are you worried? im not running because I will see them again next year as all vanities make a reappearance. The devs just implemented a permanent solution to a problem that was going crazy for 2 events now.

Got gold + plat + time = lb prize
    Got gold + time = lb prize
    Got time = lb prize in your dreams
    Last edited by octavos; 10-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

But thats what the devs have done so a trophy isn't givin or sold away. As I see it, are you running LB? so I can see why you are a weeeebit upset. Why are you worried? im not running because I will see them again next year as all vanities make a reappearance. The devs just implemented a permanent solution to a problem that was going crazy for 2 events now.
    I'm not running leaderboard - I realized not to participate in that nonsense after my attempt in goblin. I'm a collector and wish to collect one Medusa vanity to fit my greek theme. Now, I was more than willing to pay an absurd amount of gold for the pleasure of not having to participate in the leaderboard but now it means that I have to participate in leaderboard.

The competition from this event will pretty much be from rich collectors. How is that fun? However, I must say that it does give a very nice trickle-down effect from rich to poor (rich buying energy kit but getting no return on money spent).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

As a person who is running this event and hoping to get a prize, I feel as if it should be MY decision to do whatever I want with my prize. Banners should be untradable, but our prizes are OUR prizes. I don't think there's anything to say about that.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    As a person who is running this event and hoping to get a prize, I feel as if it should be MY decision to do whatever I want with my prize. Banners should be untradable, but our prizes are OUR prizes.
    Yep, people are forgetting that these are prizes. If someone wants a trophy, you get the banner. The prize, you should do anything you want.

A trophy is not a prize. It can be but the trophy is already the banner. Owners of the prizes should have the right do what they want with them.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

If I had it my way I would make both the banners and the vanity tradeable/sellable. I don't have the time to run lb like these people do nor the funds. I believe the reason the standard seasonal LB vanity banners are not tradable is due to so many ways to exploit it. With the event LB's, even if its exploited, most likely the player will not only shell out a lot of time but a lot of gold/plat to even be considered competition onto the lb.

So if there were no energy system, ok, non-tradable banner & vanity or whatever.

Even if both banner and vanity are sellable, sometimes the lb runners are questioning if they will break even. Run it non-stop for 20 hours and you'll see. If its non-tradable, the event will be done in a week. If its tradable, the lb runners will continue to run it. Why not let them continue to pay the company? If the energy system fails because lack of support, I dread the thought of a revised energy system.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    All I know... Is if people continue getting points at the rate they are going... The vanities are going to be so extremely expensive that you might consider going out to get some high end designer fashion instead.

If the event is 2 weeks long, by my back of the napkin math, you would need to spend $900 to be in the top 25 if using plat. If it's 3 weeks try $1,350. You can extrapolate how much it would cost using gold from above.

At that point I imagine Grim eggs will be going for deary prices.
    Lmaoooo at "grim eggs will be going for Deary prices"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Yep, people are forgetting that these are prizes. If someone wants a trophy, you get the banner. The prize, you should do anything you want.

A trophy is not a prize. It can be but the trophy is already the banner. Owners of the prizes should have the right do what they want with them.
    Prizes are just like timed run banners. You are not forced to get the best time but you want the banner at the end of the season (same with these puppies). So I believe anyone should NOT be able to do what, even if they feel its there "prize" the effects hurt the economy.... want the prize, then run it. As for you running Zeus, yay you have my support in prayer..in funding.... im spending it else where. have a lovely day and get plenty of sleep.