Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: LB Rewards - Mod/Devs Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I started off running the event. I spent 500 plat the first day. I was planning to do it for fun, and thus planned to eventually sell the vanity to get reimbursed for some of the cost I put out. But to shell out that kind of cash with absolutely no chance of any return and to get something that doesn't help me in the game? I'll pass.

If STS was going to implement this kind of binding, they should have done it when the event system started, with nightshade and shady and surge. But to start binding when it's vanities? They're useless items, from a practical point of view. And spending $200 or more in real money for something when you can't even get in-game gold for it? No thanks.

Yes, I know you can buy kits for gold, but somebody is paying real dollars for those somewhere, so the point remains the same. You'd be better off buying kits and selling them on the CS than running the event for a bonded costume. That's my opinion though.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Please make Frankenstein Vanity and all LB vanity available in Plat then..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I made a decision before the event to try for the leaderboard using any means necessary with a view to sell the vanities awarded in future, this I will admit. And I like many of the other leaderboard runners I'm sure made this decision based on the information about the event that was available to us at the time. Now noone said that the vanities would be tradable. Noone said that the vanities wouldn't be tradable either. This means that all of us made an assumption- which is always a risky thing to do. However that assumption was based on what Ghost pointed out as precedences- that in previous events the leaderboard prizes were tradable and as a result valuable as a result of their design and rarity- something that most of us would want to capitalize on.

I don't buythe argument that STS can do ANYTHING they want since this is their game they make the rule etcetc. That is the worst argument you can make to support their decision to hide essential decision-changing information from us-that the vanities were untradable- until someone (thank you so much Titanium) asked the right question which demanded a clear answer. You don't live in a country where suddenly your house can be repossessed at will, your name changed at will and maybe your children suddenly taken away from you, simply because the government said so. In the same respect I wouldn't appreciate developers chopping and changing the game at will and without prior consultation from the patrons of the game. The issue isn't about the vanities being untradable. It's about why the hell didn't you tell us this critical piece of information in the first place. This is the basis on which the other reasons of discontent arose. I'm sure some people are evening thinking that someone did it intentionally so that players running for leaderboards would sink a load of plat (and by extension real money) into the game. If this was the case however, I's say the approach is dishonest and fundamentally wrong.

I think you should learn to anticipate issues like this that can arise from lack of disclosure of information such as this. Be aware of previous trends in events or contests you set and make sure you INFORM CLEARLY whenever a deviation from this trend is expected or planned. This way players will adjust their approaches accordingly. Because if you don't and suddenly derail alot of people's expectations by pulling this stunt, you'll get a bunch of unhappy players who previously staunchly supported your game having played it for months or even years.

This is my view as a leaderboard runner for this contest. Thanks for reading and hope you comsider all the views presented here wisely.
    Now this is a response I was looking for a well constructed and valid observation. You sir have swayed my decision that there was absolutly no info stated that these vanitys are not tradable. Now I might have made some err, bad comments but if they do make that change I can see all of the outrageous prices but still available. Some will pay them, but that just makes another item for millions. As for our country comments, the game belong s to them as stated in tos. They are doing what's in the best interests of players. Might not be the best one but as far as I'm concerned a good decision.

As frox stated plat versions are the way to go. Saves all the aggravating situation s like this sensitive topic. I'd definitely buy them for a recolor, and keeps the lb players happy because of the exclusively And people that were so close can get a consolation prizes if they can't make it by the 4th of nov

P.s I'll thank our post when I get points to do so.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

considering the untimely glitches that accompanied this event and now the disappointing news of the valueless lb prizes I feel like I've been had

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    The problem is they should have been bound from the 1st event..like a pet eg: amazon promo, to the LB winner. I could easily pay a person to run LB for me with cash since i don't have the time to do it myself.

as for the major complains?!?! there wasn't any because the goal was to resell items...even now thats the purpose...put the one on your main and sell the rest.
    I could post all the selling threads of LB items..but im to lazy.

hell yea bud

think of it like this...Its like a trophy, it has your name on it....obviously someone else wont take a trophy with your name. But you would sell it if it was made of solid gold. And why are you thinking of everyone else...let those players do what they have to...if its easy for them then i applaud them.
    You're not even running in this lb event yet here you are complaining about vanitys being treadable/non treadable

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danley For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

How bout top 3 tradeable only but personally +1 for this remien for making it none tradeable
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Oh, so the point is..
    The people who chasing LB and spending their gold, plat, time only get the vanity that untradeable?
    If the vanity so expensive like colour jester, is it worth equal the gold, plat, time the players spend on LB? o.O

Hope they get something valuable cause I know even Im not chasing the LB, I can feel them who hardly trying to stay on LB for the prize.. ^^
    Keep spirit fellas!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uunknownn View Post
    How bout top 3 tradeable only but personally +1 for this remien for making it none tradeable
    Excuse you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

The seasonal leaderboard banners is a very bad example, some people didnt spent a single penny for his banner. There is no energy needed when join an elite map and broke a record, or when join a pvp map and start flaggin and killing.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If STS decides to change their decision at this point during the event, it will prove that the tip of the pyramid is more valuable than bottom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    You're not even running in this lb event yet here you are complaining about vanitys being treadable/non treadable
    Complaining and finding solutions is 2 very different topics you know nothing about. Before you comment on anything i write, try reading other posts.

Im sorry you don't like my view, want a hug or something because instead of posting your feelings about the issue...you think im complaining.

Anyway back to topic, agreed internetexplorer, a change now would errr, be pretty bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Keep it C,
    Constructive or thread degenerates and gets close.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    If STS decides to change their decision at this point during the event, it will prove that the tip of the pyramid is more valuable than bottom.
    The prove that the tip of the pyramid is more valuable than the bottom is the leaderboard prizes.

I have no idea what you guys want here, dont run lb, dont put time, just want lb vanities for an easy way. Not gona happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    As Samhayne said.

Some people have time - free players

Some people don't have time - plat buyers

It's equality imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

And here I sit thinking it would be an honor just to have the prize...
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Do you run for lb so you can get that prize?
    I'm currently on there, but no longer in a top 25 position like I was the first day.

I don't really have the means to keep a position for long, tbh. At best I might get a banner, but for the record, the prize itself would be enough for me.

Not everything is about profit. js
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 10-23-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

So you dont have plans to got in top25, meaning you dont run for the lb, meaning your opinion about treadable/ non treadable not really matters. Same like the other guy, he thinks he have solutions about things hes not familiar whit. I bet our expert giving advice to doctors on how to deal whit diseases or hes in a call whit Obama discussing political issues
    Uh, who said anything about whether it's tradable or not?

All I said was I would be fine with it even if I couldn't sell it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

The only tradeable/non-tradeable problem is that it was NOT announced before the run start. And keeping previous events in mind people participated in this one to be able to sell/gift/transfer to another account.
    At the moment it feels like buying a 500$ car and feeling happy with the price but once you have paid for it you are told it is wheels-off.
    Ugly feeling.
    My sollution is keep it tradeable as it always was with this sort of prizes and NEXT time announce such important changes BEFORE, so people know what exactly they get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

So you dont have plans to got in top25, meaning you dont run for the lb, meaning your opinion about treadable/ non treadable not really matters. Same like the other guy, he thinks he have solutions about things hes not familiar whit. I bet our expert giving advice to doctors on how to deal whit diseases or hes in a call whit Obama discussing political issues
    Its possible to understand very simple things without actually being a part of it. This isn't rocket science. You shouldn't be complaining that people voice their opinions on a public thread on a public forum (without drama I might add)

Quote Originally Posted by Okatare View Post
    The only tradeable/non-tradeable problem is that it was NOT announced before the run start.
    This. But, like I said before, breaking precedence is nothing new with STS. And, they are really out of touch with the ebbs and flows of arlor. Don't mean to bring up old stuff, but when Delphina was around, there was a moderator that actually played the game and enjoyed it. For pleasure, not for work. Just like the players did. Its hard to get the kind of feel for the game that a player has when you aren't really playing the game like a player. So when decisions are made, they are not made from a player perspective.

In this case, what I really mean is breaking precedence. Not whether vanities are tradeable or not. But let people know in advance. And staying the course. Not making a decision, then flip flopping, the flip flopping back when there is an outcry. Make the right decision the first time and stick with it.
    Last edited by Rare; 10-23-2014 at 08:45 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Actions > Words

Js.

Since it doesn't affect anyone except the leaderboard players, please let them be the ones to comment. On top of all that, these prizes are aesthetic only. They will not change your gameplay whatsoever.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: