Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: It's Halloween in Dark Legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its my first halloween on dl and im loving it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    Well....*tries hard to stay positive*....if you are going to recycle events...it would be nice to see the Summer Solstice one return. For those that don't know what that event is:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...r-Nights-Event

A chance to loot an undead and opportunity to get a level 36 version of my solstice fire star gem would make me happy.
    YEEEEESSSSSS!! It'd make me happy as well!! I'm sure there's a lot out there that would want this, bringing those back would satisfy the bored, dying community!!

OT: Love the new wisp! \m/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks! I'm enjoying the Halloween event and buying platinum to help the game, so please, don't forget us the sons of DL, we are here every day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bringing back solstice event, would make so many veterans quit this game... Its the only thing that spreads them apart from New players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Platinum items would be more convenient, bounty hunter for instance pretty sure they'll return the winter outfits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I agree with bringing back the Solstice event, I mean if you're gonna recycle events you may as well right? It'd also technically count as new for alot of players and would make alot of people happy.
    Last edited by Staberella; 10-29-2014 at 02:37 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Staberella For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by underyourbed View Post
    Bringing back solstice event, would make so many veterans quit this game... Its the only thing that spreads them apart from New players
    True some people would potentially be upset and quit....but most older players are quitting anyway due to lack of new content.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can understand most leaving, but when that happens at least 35 percent of DL is gone lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well....*tries hard to stay positive*....if you are going to recycle events...it would be nice to see the Summer Solstice one return. For those that don't know what that event is:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/cont...r-Nights-Event

A chance to loot an undead and opportunity to get a level 36 version of my solstice fire star gem would make me happy.
    Signed!
    If it where up to me, they should bring back EVERYTHING... over time.
    Bandanas, all Plat-Vanitys, even the Pet for reaching Lvl 31-Cap(i never understood, why not everyone gets it for reaching 31 anyway.. makes no sense to me).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by underyourbed View Post
    How old are these "veterans"? 12?
    It's just items in a video game.
    Sorry.. but this is ridiculous. ^^

~waves the "veterans" goodbye~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

IMHO, I don't think the items players received for reaching a specific level cap should come back. Just like there is currently a large xp requirement for hitting level 36 cap, there was also a larger xp requirement for the other level caps as well. Once the level cap was raised to 36, the xp needed to go from level 30 to level 31 was decreased dramatically. It doesn't make sense for the level 31 level cap pet prize to be rewarded to newer players because they don't have to do the longer trek to hit the level 31 cap.

But thank you for bringing up the level cap awards....if Undead dropped again...the level cap awards would still separate veterans from newer players. Also there are many veteran players, like myself, who were around when Undead dropped but weren't lucky enough to actually drop one.
    Last edited by doomdoomdoom; 10-30-2014 at 10:50 AM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny bro. At the same time you didn't work for those items. Like you said it's just a video game I stated my opinion, waves the noobs goodbye* sorry but there's no way they'll bring back cap rewards lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey all,

I know that a recycled event can be disappointing. We love the Halloween spirit in DL and wish that we had the time and the manpower to create something new in Dark Legends for each event. Unfortunately, as you all know, we have a small team and a lot of games to maintain. With most of our player base in Arcane Legends, that is where most of our development time goes. We will continue to update Dark Legends with seasonal events (even if they are repeats of prior years), weekend events, etc. For now, this is what is in our power to do while still keeping a realistic workload for our development team. We sincerely hope that you understand.

Remiem
    please dont recycle anything else, the only point in playing this game is to see our unique items from past events that SHOULDNT be recycled maybe just recolor but recycling is really bad for older players. I hope you guys can hear me out on this one because i know a lot of my friends arent happy with the recycled stuff after thinking it would be rare. Id rather have no seasoned events if its just same stuff as last time.

edit: and after hearing this, unfortunately, i think im going to quit playing legends games altogether, after playing PL from day one seeing great changes then when AL came out you guys went the wrong direction and dont care anymore about older players who are more loyal to you guys. If its going to be "dish out same exclusives from long time ago" each year now, then i see no reason to try and progress in these games anymore when each season everybody will have every vanity they missed out on. no one will be unique, sounds fun right.
    Last edited by Warlord0520; 10-30-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastes View Post
    How old are these "veterans"? 12?
    It's just items in a video game.
    Sorry.. but this is ridiculous. ^^

~waves the "veterans" goodbye~
    Youre just saying that because you dont have the items yourself, if it were reversed, and you had green druid, dark crusader, solstice, etc.. you wouldnt want it to be returned. Please stop inciting stuff on veterans when if it were reversed you would be the one whining. thanks.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warlord0520 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staberella View Post
    I agree with bringing back the Solstice event, I mean if you're gonna recycle events you may as well right? It'd also technically count as new for alot of players and would make alot of people happy.
    recycling events is the worst marketing tool in the world, theres no other way of spitting in someones face with exclusives than using a marketing tool like that to grab "new" players who will quit in a week than make vet players mad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

By what you're saying, it sounds like the only way to satisfy the veteran players is to alienate the newer players, which is ridiculous. I mean, I get that older players want to have some things be unique and exclusive to them, but there has to be some middle ground with that.

In the game's current state, there is no incentive for any new player to stick about, prices are absurdly high, drop rates are terrible and alot of the "good" items no longer drop anyway. It used to be plausible to work to save up for the nicer items in game, but now it's just... not. There are many, many things in game that are just straight up out of a normal players reach.

I think it'd be best to bring back stuff that used to drop (basically anything that can be sold/traded freely between players) and leave the old plat items, level cap awards etc, so the vet players still have something special to separate themselves from the rest, while giving everyone else a fairer chance at getting some nice stuff and just generally, y'know, a reason to play the game.
    Last edited by Staberella; 10-30-2014 at 07:08 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Staberella For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

By what you're saying, it sounds like the only way to satisfy the veteran players is to alienate the newer players, which is ridiculous. I mean, I get that older players want to have some things be unique and exclusive to them, but there has to be some middle ground with that.

In the game's current state, there is no incentive for any new player to stick about, prices are absurdly high, drop rates are terrible and alot of the "good" items no longer drop anyway. It used to be plausible to work to save up for the nicer items in game, but now it's just... not. There are many, many things in game that are just straight up out of a normal players reach.

I think it'd be best to bring back stuff that used to drop (basically anything that can be sold/traded freely between players) and leave the old plat items, level cap awards etc, so the vet players still have something special to separate themselves from the rest, while giving everyone else a fairer chance at getting some nice stuff and just generally, y'know, a reason to play the game.
    Thats the way it is in every game, same way in AL, SL, and PL, new players shouldnt be able to get the exclusives older players have because they never played during the time older players have, thats the way it is in almost every game out there. Thats the whole point of level cap awards... you dont just bring that stuff back in the game to satisfy new players... theres other ways to be satisified as a newer player, but thats not one of them. STS is using recycling as a way to cover for their lack of making content and thats whats causing all of this crap. So keep blaming "old" players for you not having new vanities, thats ok, have your own opinion. Im an older player, do i have all the old halloween vanity? nope, do i care? nope, good for the people who have it, i applaud them. But when you just release stuff like that then it makes people question their decisions. and thats whats going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Exactly! If it ever dropped, bring it back. Older players...like myself... can still distinguish ourselves as veteran players with all the level cap awards. The Royals were a gift drop for celebrating 1 year anniversary, so I could understand not bring those back. But if our options are no events or recycled events....I will take recycled events.

And yes bringing some items back will have strange effects on the market...but the market is already screwed up. Bandanas for example dropped so easily...it makes no sense for them to be worth more than max gold.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Exactly! If it ever dropped, bring it back. Older players...like myself... can still distinguish ourselves as veteran players with all the level cap awards. The Royals were a gift drop for celebrating 1 year anniversary, so I could understand not bring those back. But if our options are no events or recycled events....I will take recycled events.

And yes bringing some items back will have strange effects on the market...but the market is already screwed up. Bandanas for example dropped so easily...it makes no sense for them to be worth more than max gold.
    so your pretty much settling for the worst, since its obvious sts has lowered this games standards to where you guys would be jumping up and down and buying icecream and cake if they made a "double exp" event this week, pretty much the story of my life on this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord0520 View Post
    so your pretty much settling for the worst, since its obvious sts has lowered this games standards to where you guys would be jumping up and down and buying icecream and cake if they made a "double exp" event this week, pretty much the story of my life on this game.
    No; I'm pretty sure that's not at ALL what she meant, but kudos for your rude comment...
    I believe she was stating, that she is a dedicated player that happens to support this game & would be more pleased to have some sort of recycled event or promotion, than nothing at all. (she would play either way) I'll admit... I'm not the happiest about the recent updates, but you also don't see me complaining, obsessing, threatening to leave or making rude comments to those who are wise & respectable players. Anyways; my opinion... update had a ton of pontential, but otherwise could have been better. (still playing) <3

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Shnookz For This Useful Post: