Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capture the flag fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Capture the flag fix

no one plays CTF properly anymore, everyone's just in for the kills , and the players who flag , would only do it to gain the flags Ap's , so i came up with a suggestion if implemented it would be awesome its like this :

if someone scores a flag, every player on the other team would die, this would stop the blocking completely, because when players are blocked they might stay and fight, but if they are blocked and the blocker starts flagging, they would leave immediately to avert dying, thus with time people who wants to clash will stop blocking each other.

This would make Ctf more fun, and it would reduce blocking and each player will try to prevent the other from scoring, thus the true CTF game would be alive again .

A little bit of role playing to explain how would this stop the blocking :

team blue has 5 players and they are from guild A , now team red has 4 and they are from guild B , a blocker is in team Red who's from guild A, team red cant attack the blocker obviously , team blue would just flag and get them killed 5 times each of them , while they are completely unable to do anything to about it, not to mention team blue might be attacking them too , thus each time team a team blocks the other , the blocked team will leave immediately and with time they will stop blocking each other so they can clash .

P.S this would reduce trash-talking much more, players wouldnt have much time to trash talk .
    Last edited by RIP; 10-24-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    no one plays CTF properly anymore, everyone's just in for the kills , and the players who flag , would only do it to gain the flags Ap's , so i came up with a suggestion if implemented it would be awesome its like this :

if someone scores a flag, every player on the other team would die, this would stop the blocking completely, because when players are blocked they might stay and fight, but if they are blocked and the blocker starts flagging, they would leave immediately to avert dying, thus with time people who wants to clash will stop blocking each other.

This would make Ctf more fun , it would reduce blocking and each player will try to prevent the other from scoring , thus the true CTF game would be alive again .
    Good suggestion for making CTF what it's supposed to be, but you need to account for those poor flaggers. Takes me a solid month to get 500, how do you expect anyone to achieve that AP?

As for the blocking part, I doubt it would work. It's only 4-5 deaths a match (max flags per game), and 4-5 deaths is nothing to a K/DR. I'd say the best solution to blocking would be the "kick" option, but for some reason not everyone likes that.

It would be better if they also made NEW PvP maps. An actual clash room (one spawn only per team), a 1v1 room, a "defeat the base" map, etcetc. You'll get the CTF players/flaggers in one room, while clashers in the other. I would definitely throw money down for some of these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Good suggestion for making CTF what it's supposed to be, but you need to account for those poor flaggers. Takes me a solid month to get 500, how do you expect anyone to achieve that AP?

As for the blocking part, I doubt it would work. It's only 4-5 deaths a match (max flags per game), and 4-5 deaths is nothing to a K/DR. I'd say the best solution to blocking would be the "kick" option, but for some reason not everyone likes that.

It would be better if they also made NEW PvP maps. An actual clash room (one spawn only per team), a 1v1 room, a "defeat the base" map, etcetc. You'll get the CTF players/flaggers in one room, while clashers in the other. I would definitely throw money down for some of these.
    Flaggers are not supposed to flag easily TBH , and its not about the 4 deaths , its about the ego of the blocked team , thats why they stay after being blocked in the first place .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Flaggers are not supposed to flag easily TBH
    I agree with you, but they should've made it like this to begin with, not now.

and its not about the 4 deaths , its about the ego of the blocked team , thats why they stay after being blocked in the first place .
    A few deaths aren't gunna hurt nobody's ego

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

"A few deaths aren't gunna hurt nobody's ego"

you really think someone would stay just to die 5 times without being able to do anything about it ?
    it would be like this :
    team blue has 5 players and they are from guild A , now team red has 4 and they are from guild B , a blocker is in team Red who's from guild A, team red cant attack the blocker obviously , the other team would just flag and get them killed 5 times each of them , while they are completely unable to do anything about it, not to mention team blue might be attacking them too, frankly if someone would stay under such circumstances then that person is not mentally stable .
    Last edited by RIP; 10-24-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

P.S this would reduce trash-talking much more, players wouldnt have much time to trash talk .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

"A few deaths aren't gunna hurt nobody's ego"

you really think someone would stay just to die 5 times without being able to do anything about it ?
    it would be like this :
    team blue has 5 players and they are from guild A , now team red has 4 and they are from guild B , a blocker is in team Red who's from guild A, team red cant attack the blocker obviously , he'd just flag and get they killed 5 times each of them , while they are completely unable to do anything to the blocker , not to mention the team blue might be attacking them too, frankly if someone would stay under such circumstances then that person is not mentally stable .
    Someone would stay because their guild told them to block. Like I said, a few deaths aren't gunna stop them from blocking. You can advocate against blocking without this. It's called leaving when blocked... And eventually people will stop blocking. The killing of opposing team after flag is not the best solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Someone would stay because their guild told them to block. Like I said, a few deaths aren't gunna stop them from blocking. You can advocate against blocking without this. It's called leaving when blocked... And eventually people will stop blocking. The killing of opposing team after flag is not the best solution.
    "someone would stay because their guild told them to block" it makes no sense please re-read my comments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

"someone would stay because their guild told them to block" it makes no sense please re-read my comments
    It makes a lot of sense... If only you understand, I guess

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It makes a lot of sense... If only you understand, I guess
    the team that would leave is the blocked one, why would their guild tell them to stay as so to block?, notice that the other team would be full 5/5 in clashes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Most of the players, think they have a chance even when they are blocked 4 vs 5 , but with this they wont have enough time to think they'd just leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

the team that would leave is the blocked one, why would their guild tell them to stay as so to block?, notice that the other team would be full 5/5 in clashes
    Why would the blocked guild tell their team to stay? I'm not sure, I wasn't referring to them. I was saying the blocker's guild would tell the blocker to stay, even if he has to die a few times. Why would you need to implement this in PvP? People will leave if blocked and put at a disadvantage anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Most of the players, think they have a chance even when they are blocked 4 vs 5 , but with this they wont have enough time to think they'd just leave.
    Wouldn't a "kick" option be a much better solution?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Wouldn't a "kick" option be a much better solution?
    no not really, way too much disadvantages , and it wouldnt make the CTF game what it's supposed to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Why would the blocked guild tell their team to stay? I'm not sure, I wasn't referring to them. I was saying the blocker's guild would tell the blocker to stay, even if he has to die a few times. Why would you need to implement this in PvP? People will leave if blocked and put at a disadvantage anyways.
    hmm , how would would the blocker die ?, as i said you didnt read my comments well , the blocker would just flag and when he scores the other team would die .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

no not really, way too much disadvantages , and it wouldnt make the CTF game what it's supposed to be.
    But it would definitely get rid of blocking. Don't blame the system for making CTF what it is today (although there is some fault), instead, blame the people playing the game. As I mentioned above, making different PvP rooms could help this out. People who want clashes would go one place, while people who want a CTF game/flags would go to another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

hmm , how would would the blocker die ?, as i said you didnt read my comments well , the blocker would just flag and when he scores the other team would die .
    Why would he flag? Lol, the other team is his team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Why would he flag? Lol, the other team is his team.
    yes, my bad , the other team would flag and the blocker would stay even if the blocker had to die 4-5 times, however as you can see, the blocked team job will be impossible, either death by flags or death by a gang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

And the main point here is making CTF what it's supposed to .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

yes, my bad , the other team would flag and the blocker would stay even if the blocker had to die 4-5 times, however as you can see, the blocked team job will be impossible, either death by flags or death by a gang.
    Well if this was the case, the blocked team would just leave.. Eventually. No need for all this imo. There were a few other CTF threads made in the past, all of which had some decent ideas which promoted the game CTF as well as keep the flagging achievement the same without any more difficulties. Nothing happened yet.