Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mythic Staff 41 Status.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    The question is not bow vs daggers vs gun vs staff. The question is balance across similar weapons for each class. So daggers vs staff both are DPS close range weapons. What is the justification for rogues to get +5 for every stat and more crit on top of that?
    Everyone on this thread is comparing the stats of the staff to that of the gun. What's the difference between that and the stats of the blades compared to the bow? What matters is how it compares to the current best weapon for the class, correct?

The damage difference between the 2 weapons for the classes is higher on the rogue weapon than on the mage. So how is mage getting ripped off? The staff is closer in stats to the other mythic weapon you have to choose from. We may get more hp and crit with the blades but we sacrifice a huge amount of damage for it. 95% of rogues are not going to do that, making the rogue weapon equally as useless.

Looking at base numbers on a weapon stat sheet rarely tells the full story.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Staff +45 armor +33 DPS... It not is good... Very lower in others status.. just look at the prices, we need comparative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelfarias406 View Post
    Staff +45 armor +33 DPS... It not is good... Very lower in others status.. just look at the prices, we need comparative.
    You forget the +150 armor on gun, so its -105 armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Everyone on this thread is comparing the stats of the staff to that of the gun. What's the difference between that and the stats of the blades compared to the bow? What matters is how it compares to the current best weapon for the class, correct?

The damage difference between the 2 weapons for the classes is higher on the rogue weapon than on the mage. So how is mage getting ripped off? The staff is closer in stats to the other mythic weapon you have to choose from. We may get more hp and crit with the blades but we sacrifice a huge amount of damage for it. 95% of rogues are not going to do that, making the rogue weapon equally as useless.

Looking at base numbers on a weapon stat sheet rarely tells the full story.
    Maybe you guys will realize why STS really released these weapons. They want MONEY$$$ lol. It's just a plat sink.

Instead of fixing the main problems in this game(PvP, class unbalance, PvE loot) they were designing new mythic weapons after we spent 15m+ on the elondrians. Think about that^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    Maybe you guys will realize why STS really released these weapons. They want MONEY$$$ lol. It's just a plat sink.

Instead of fixing the main problems in this game(PvP, class unbalance, PvE loot) they were designing new mythic weapons after we spent 15m+ on the elondrians. Think about that^^

To the visual of the weapons are the same lol, with a bit of color change only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure if the new staff was much better than it is then everyone would once again be complaining that Kershal only lasted 1 season as the best staff while the Maul lasted 3 seasons. Perhaps they kept the mythic staff's stats lower to make sure Kershal was still the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure if the new staff was much better than it is then everyone would once again be complaining that Kershal only lasted 1 season as the best staff while the Maul lasted 3 seasons. Perhaps they kept the mythic staff's stats lower to make sure Kershal was still the best.

Kershal lasted one season because everyone uses mythic gun now not because the stats are low on mythic staff. Also from what I heard but I didn't bother confirming so I could be wrong but the skill damage on the mythic staff is higher then kershal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Kershal lasted one season because everyone uses mythic gun now not because the stats are low on mythic staff. Also from what I heard but I didn't bother confirming so I could be wrong but the skill damage on the mythic staff is higher then kershal.
    Hopefully in the future STS will release a new round of arcane weapons and we will see guns, bows and sword/shield combo. Because in the first round of arcane weapons, warriors had their preferred weapon type, but both rogues and mages did not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

All I know is that I can't afford the new blades and that that razors are really pretty. Never knew what the big deal was with the Halloween versions! You can hardly even see them!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I put the soulstone inside the lost scythe and my dms goes from 607 to 840, my dm from 539 to 613, I dont think this is really bad stuff. Lets see what happens tomorrow when I put the second stone in it. I run bevor with a perfect gemmed rifle of assault, this is definitely a big difference.