Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elite Leveling Group to 55

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Elite Leveling Group to 55

Hey, it may be late but I just joined the forums. I'm looking at starting a hardcore leveling group that is dedicated to trying to become the first to 55. I'd like to meet you in game beforehand and do a few runs. I'm not positive what sort of group we need, but I'm thinking 3 birds and 2 mages, or visa versa would be optimal. All in death gear with shield and talons. I think that would be the quickest group. I can play any class if needed.

The spots in the group are open to any class so if you're a bear feel free to reply as well. ABSOLUTELY NO PALADINS. Please respond to this thread, with the time you play and/or pm me in game. I'll more than likely be one Lvlone.
    Yahway 50 Cyber Cosmos Mage (119/119)
    Lvlone 50 Void Bird (117/119)
    Lvlfifty 50 Cyber Rift Bear(21/119)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I guess I'll join. Survivorfan is a full Strength bear
    To view this information you need a Spacetime Studios® Gold™ Account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

First of all, the fastest group will have a bear to beckon mobs into tight packs so that Mage AOE can take them down more efficiently. Also, you want all 3 classes debuffs going together to take down mobs fastest. Beyond that if you just want speed, 1 archer and 3 Int mages would be best (though with keepers cosmos sets, not the more defensive death wand sets). And why on earth have your bird(s) use talons? Again that's a defensive setup, and you would clear much faster if they had sunblessed bows/megablasters.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why no paladins?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Might as well say no dual spec mages, right Royce?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Might as well say no dual spec mages, right Royce?
    Well yeah. I mean if you want an optimal speed clearing team, you don't want a wiffle mage
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Well yeah. I mean if you want an optimal speed clearing team, you don't want a wiffle mage
    Lol I'm actually glad people are starting these threads -- maybe the xp farmers will stick to themselves and leave those of us who just want to enjoy the game to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The talon death birds would have enough defense to get healed by the mages and enough dps to move quickly. A tank is nice, but I don't think the most efficient.3 birds and 2 mages with that setup are by far the quickest keeper run, hands down. As for why no paladins, because they have nothing to offer to the group. They at least a tank can taunt. Pallys sacrifice dps and mana regeneration for more armor. Anybody that has the slightest clue how to play there char can use health pots and not need to sacrifice damage and mana.regeneration. plus they have a mana shield. Pallys are useless. Hybrid mages dex/int are the best imo but pretty much any build for a mag with no strength in it is acceptable. Pally build just screams I'm a noob and.don't understand how to use potions or how character builds should be. Pallys are great for pvp, but beyond terrible for pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plus, for death gear, the dps difference for talon vs gun is minimal. It is by far worth the survivability to sacrifice the small amount of dps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol you really think talons will get you moving faster than bow/blaster/shotgun. Sorry but that's just crazy. How is that damage sacrifice for armor any different from a Mage in Str gear? Both are simply added armor for less damage...
    And the main advantage of a bear is that they can beckon mobs into tight packs, amplifying the effect of Mage AOE.
    Edit: Sorry I also have to mention that Int/Dex Mage is terrible, more damage than Int/Str, but still much weaker than pure Int.
    Last edited by Royce; 02-04-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You are thinking of only DPS and you are forgetting the skills. A bird with a talon will have more dps than a bow or blaster but his skills give a lot less damage. Also with a full hate gear and using the Limbchopper a paladin can have a lot of dps and damage on skills you will lose a lot of mana regen but thats what pots are for. I don't care using pots since I have more than 4k of each and growing and I don't have more because of giving a lot to my friends.

Don't forget a tank they help a lot using beackon and rooting them for lighting combo and use your frost/fire combo then they stomp. This works great if you can time it. Also you should add that the group uses xp and damage pots.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Royce knows his stuff. It's best not to quarrel with him to avoid looking like a baffling noob.
    That's a pretty bad way to start out just sayin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You contradicted yourself there...

You said no pallies because they sacrifice dps for armor yet you are asking birds to do exactly the same thing and use talon/ wing, to trade dps for more armor.

I mean, anyone who has the slightest clue on how to play their char can use health pots right? :P
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yahway View Post
    Anybody that has the slightest clue how to play there char can use health pots and not need to sacrifice damage and mana.regeneration. plus they have a mana shield. Pallys are useless. Hybrid mages dex/int are the best imo but pretty much any build for a mag with no strength in it is acceptable. Pally build just screams I'm a noob and.don't understand how to use potions or how character builds should be. Pallys are great for pvp, but beyond terrible for pve
    first i was like :/ but then, i loled!

anyways. whatever you do, dont have a dual megablaster/keeper mage. not. worth. it. if you are going to split your int at all might as well get armor to stay alive thru crits and mass aggro while spamming aoes... you where not here for pre ao3 nerf i take it. if this is anything like it, you will beg mages to be pallys.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    first i was like :/ but then, i loled!

anyways. whatever you do, dont have a dual megablaster/keeper mage. not. worth. it. if you are going to split your int at all might as well get armor to stay alive thru crits and mass aggro while spamming aoes... you where not here for pre ao3 nerf i take it. if this is anything like it, you will beg mages to be pallys.
    I think he's planning to do crush runs till lvl 53 or whatever. I wouldn't make that decision so quickly. Ugh, I don't want to make that decision at all. Between the farming and the totem runs, I've had enough of ao3. I'm ready for the new content right away, even if the xp is slower going than Crush.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

This thread made me

DPS means nothing. So what if you have a insane DPS? Do you have the base damage to back it up? Base damage is what makes you actually hit, without it, you'll be hitting constant dodges and misses on enemies.

Royce is like a Dexter; Hes knows everything about anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Plus dexchantresses are so ugly! Looks > Dps
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok, so now that you guys have totally destroyed his self esteem..... which one of you wants to level to 56 with me?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Well, STS saw what happened last time they made a dungeon way too easy, so we can assume the balefort sewers will be hard. So the setups were making right now might not be effective.

Anyways what I see as a perfect setup would be:

1 Paladin, 2 Mages, 2 birds. Paladin tanks, mages take down mobs, birds take down bosses and mob support. This IS a setup for if the dungeon is easy. All using two handed weapons to maximize damage of course.

If the dungeon is hard, I would consider 1-2 bears, 2 mages, 1-2 birds. I would put survival before speed, I am gonna cry when I pass 1.7k deaths.

Edit:
    Ok, so now, whos gonna level to 56 with me?
    I will!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, if the mobs are easy and the bosses don't give more xp than regular mobs. The team would be 1 bear, 2 pure dex birds with blaster/shotgun, 2 pure int enchantresses with keeper sets. Period. Let's hope that's not the case.