Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Map boot option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default Map boot option

Today I joined a guildie to kill Paracelsus using my sorc. One warrior appeared to be having some touch screen or lag issues, and the 4th person in the team kept getting disconnected. When we finally got another teammate, it was another warrior. I wasted precious minutes on that map because I didn't want to die and revive for a leech who was pretending to be lagging or having problems. He wasn't even positioned near the green pools, or else he would've helped somewhat in not letting the boss reset. Since my guildie's device was running out of battery, we went for the kill. After killing the boss, this "lagging" person was able to walk and get his tokens and loot. It's a despicable way of leeching and trolling event maps, and is no joke since we all spend on energy and ankhs/plats on Paracelsus.

Please have option to boot a person from map. There should be certain parameters, ofc for a person to be able to be booted. Perhaps if he doesn't inflict damage in a span of several seconds, the other members can have a vote to kick him from map? It needs to be refined, but I've seriously had enough of Paracelsus trolls so I hope this is taken into consideration so it doesn't happen in the next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

100% agree
    I see mages that say ill guard since i dont have shield to get through the pools and when we all die occasionally i see a shield up to survive the mobs i and wonder why am i farming deaths if this guy is probably going to get the same trash as i do.

Edit: put in a bit more thought and actually his wouldn't be such a great idea. the trollers will now randomly boot someone making them waste energy. Even if there is energy redemption after boss is killed they will be booted and the system will be abused.
    Last edited by Caabatric; 10-28-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    100% agree
    I see mages that say ill guard since i dont have shield to get through the pools and when we all die occasionally i see a shield up to survive the mobs i and wonder why am i farming deaths if this guy is probably going to get the same trash as i do.

Edit: put in a bit more thought and actually his wouldn't be such a great idea. the trollers will now randomly boot someone making them waste energy. Even if there is energy redemption after boss is killed they will be booted and the system will be abused.
    If there's a party of four, make it a 3/4 vote to boot player from map. Same should happen to PvP - 3/5 majority vote to kick player from team. Best solution to blocking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    If there's a party of four, make it a 3/4 vote to boot player from map. Same should happen to PvP - 3/5 majority vote to kick player from team. Best solution to blocking.
    Problem with that is that the heavy geared players are gonna kick out less geared

5. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Problem with that is that the heavy geared players are gonna kick out less geared
    There are more "less geared" players in game than "heavy geared" players. Besides, most "heavy geared" players run maps in parties, so I don't see how it would be a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

There are more "less geared" players in game than "heavy geared" players. Besides, most "heavy geared" players run maps in parties, so I don't see how it would be a problem.
    I meant pvp, pve is fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I meant pvp, pve is fine
    So... You want them to get farmed then leave, or just leave?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

So... You want them to get farmed then leave, or just leave?
    True...but still it could get exploited

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

True...but still it could get exploited
    How. Tell me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ive had it twice so far where mages would stand outside of pools for para and not help at all. The worst part is one of them got a greater pumpkin chest while the rest of the hard working players got veggies. At least make it so non helpfull players dont recieve loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

How. Tell me.
    Player A joins a game. Player B and C hate A for some reason, so they tell D to vote him off. What if player A is innocent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Player A joins a game. Player B and C hate A for some reason, so they tell D to vote him off. What if player A is innocent.
    Why would Player A join a team where they hate him? There must be some reasons, like previously blocking.

Any other "exploits"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Booting wouldn't work in AL's party system. It worked on PL because of their hosting system being able to privately run a map and still have players voluntarily join.

AL's PuG system is completely randomized and involuntary, meaning new players who dont have any friends to run with yet (being forced to PuG) could unexpectedly join a random game.

Trolls would be booting players like these after a long, hard map, right before the boss dies (completely unfair).

A booting system is completely unnecessary, and would actually do more damage than it can fix. If you don't want to run in a PuG and possibly deal with trolls, then run solo or find an organized party.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    Booting wouldn't work in AL's party system. It worked on PL because of their hosting system being able to privately run a map and still have players voluntarily join.

AL's PuG system is completely randomized and involuntary, meaning new players who dont have any friends to run with yet (being forced to PuG) could unexpectedly join a random game.

Trolls would be booting players like these after a long, hard map, right before the boss dies (completely unfair).

A booting system is completely unnecessary, and would actually do more damage than it can fix. If you don't want to run in a PuG and possibly deal with trolls, then run solo or find an organized party.
    So since a 3/4 majority vote is needed to boot someone from a pve map (as suggested), you think 3 people are going to waste their time doing that? Going from one map to the next, running maps, etc. I think people have better things to do honestly...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

So since a 3/4 majority vote is needed to boot someone from a pve map (as suggested), you think 3 people are going to waste their time doing that? Going from one map to the next, running maps, etc. I think people have better things to do honestly...
    As a former troll, i can tell you that trolls are irrational, and there is no such thing as "wasting time".

And the point is: we dont NEED a boot system as it is replaced by a party system.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    As a former troll, i can tell you that trolls are irrational, and there is no such thing as "wasting time".

And the point is: we dont NEED a boot system as it is replaced by a party system.
    For PvP? Boot system is needed to get rid of blockers. I don't see it getting done any other way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This is not fair!
    I worked my way to the platinum tier using that strategy (pretending I'm lagged so they kill paracelsus without me).

But +1 to kick/boot via voting system if the player will get back his energy when voted out, Or else its unfair. Most only have legendary gears (like me), when paired with 3 mythic geared they will start to ask me to leave (most of the time).

INAN'HESH
    Difficult times create strong people, strong people create peaceful times, peaceful times create weak people, weak people create difficult times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inan'hesh View Post
    if the player will get back his energy when voted out, Or else its unfair. Most only have legendary gears (like me), when paired with 3 mythic geared they will start to ask me to leave (most of the time).
    Maybe... get rid of energy? HAHA so funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default Map boot option

Quote Originally Posted by Inan'hesh View Post
    This is not fair!
    I worked my way to the platinum tier using that strategy (pretending I'm lagged so they kill paracelsus without me).

But +1 to kick/boot via voting system if the player will get back his energy when voted out, Or else its unfair. Most only have legendary gears (like me), when paired with 3 mythic geared they will start to ask me to leave (most of the time).
    I just woke up so I'm finding it hard to distinguish if you are being sarcastic, sir.

Like I said, there has to be certain parameters before one can be voted off a map. If for example Player A does not deal damage to the boss in a specific amount of time (e.g. 30 secs) and Players B-D feel that A is leeching off them, then a boot button will appear next to the players name on the party list. The boot will only occur if all 3 players voted him off. Since STS already made a kill count meter for the event bosses, I think it's possible that they could set up this boot option based on whether a player is doing damage (no matter how little) to the boss.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklish View Post
    I just woke up so I'm finding it hard to distinguish if you are being sarcastic, sir.

Like I said, there has to be certain parameters before one can be voted off a map. If for example Player A does not deal damage to the boss in a specific amount of time (e.g. 30 secs) and Players B-D feel that A is leeching off them, then a boot button will appear next to the players name on the party list. The boot will only occur if all 3 players voted him off. Since STS already made a kill count meter for the event bosses, I think it's possible that they could set up this boot option based on whether a player is doing damage (no matter how little) to the boss.
    I dont think his being sarcastic, but your idea has many flaws. Let me explain some of my options if you don't mind

1. If that toon is really leeching, he still can hit every now and then just to not be voted out.
    2. If that toon is playing on pc and he had to pee, sometimes it would take more than a minute to do that . When he returned to play his already voted-out.
    3. In levels 20 to 24 drakeula is very very hard to kill. When your the only one with decent gears and all the rest are not, mostly you'll AFK and wait for them to leave so that you can call your guild/friends to join you. Apparently this will not be an option in your suggestion so you'll end up leaving and wasted your energy/time.
    4. Inan'hesh's post is valid! The voted-out player should reclaim his energy wasted due to voting system.
    5. What happens if you only have 2 votes and the other one refuses to vote out?
    6. What happens if, because your talking to all those guys in the room to vote someone out you spend 30 secs or so doing that? Even your name on the partylist will have a kick/boot button too.
    7. Scenario: You entered a room with 3 people in the same guild. They didn't start the game because there waiting for thier other guildmate. In this case you blocked the spot for there guildmate. And since they didn'nt started or move, you are forced to not to start either. Now they can vote to kick you out and call their guildmate on (unless you solo the boss without them). You therefore wasted an energy.

Its just my opinion though, Its a beautiful world because we had different ones