Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Map boot option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    If you have any experience in twinks, you wouldn't have written this sentence. Any newbie can pvp if he/she wants to, but tell me. Is it really practical? Someone coming in pvp with low leveled, low quality gear against a group of maxed, arcane pet players? Be realistic. That's just horrible playing experiences which result in eventual leave of game lmao
    If that were true, then there would be no newbies in the twink levels because why would a zebra get in a fight with a lion? They dont go out searching for a fight with inevitable death, they go out finding prey, someone who is even worse than them so that they can gain a few kills. Trust me, i've been there.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

When I first started pvp in season 3, I used epics. I was a...whatever is appropriate to call them.
    I then grew stronger, made some friends who saw potential in me helped me make a level 13 twink. It was nothing special honestly, used a level 12 storm sword with the basic items. I bought some plats grew stronger only because I love pvping.
    To this day I still pvp - however I went to level 8/9 the bracket after and I continue playing a 9 rogue to this day and many more to come.
    Now to the point of the discussion, imagine if a booting system was implemented back than...twinking guilds wouldnt want me on their team they would have kicked me after one look at my gears - I was the guy who thought that the chain pull upgrade on a warriors axe throw was really a 1m Vanity chain as someone had told (trulled) me.
    When I was a "noob" people helped me come to what I am today, imagine if we took that opportunity away from them now. Its not fair to them so this should not be implemented. People have to start somewhere right? Yet if they keep getting booted from a map they cant start anywhere at all.
    Sorry but NO.
    - (un) Retired -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prynce View Post
    If that were true, then there would be no newbies in the twink levels because why would a zebra get in a fight with a lion? They dont go out searching for a fight with inevitable death, they go out finding prey, someone who is even worse than them so that they can gain a few kills. Trust me, i've been there.
    These random newbies don't even know what they're in for, much less know how to leave a room. So they would join rooms not knowing what's in for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    When I first started pvp in season 3, I used epics. I was a...whatever is appropriate to call them.
    I then grew stronger, made some friends who saw potential in me helped me make a level 13 twink. It was nothing special honestly, used a level 12 storm sword with the basic items. I bought some plats grew stronger only because I love pvping.
    To this day I still pvp - however I went to level 8/9 the bracket after and I continue playing a 9 rogue to this day and many more to come.
    Now to the point of the discussion, imagine if a booting system was implemented back than...twinking guilds wouldnt want me on their team they would have kicked me after one look at my gears - I was the guy who thought that the chain pull upgrade on a warriors axe throw was really a 1m Vanity chain as someone had told (trulled) me.
    When I was a "noob" people helped me come to what I am today, imagine if we took that opportunity away from them now. Its not fair to them so this should not be implemented. People have to start somewhere right? Yet if they keep getting booted from a map they cant start anywhere at all.
    Sorry but NO.
    I applaud you for your journey and effort to make yourself who you are today, but be realistic. The same thing happening again to a random newb is close to 0. I'm pretty sure you weren't a complete newbie, there had to be a reason someone would help you out. If you look at the twink community today, no one gives a crap about anything other than their own guildmates. IMO, people should level up to endgame first, then pvp. That's the ideal route. Then make a twink after you know BASIC mechanics.

Note, I'm not doing anything to make the boot option implemented in AL. If I wanted it that badly, I would've made countless threads about it already. I'm just saying that this system might be the only way to get rid of blocking.

Prynce, make yourself a lv 10 newbie account. Enter a pvp room and share your experience. When you do, PM me your ign so I can witness everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Sorry but NO.
    ^This

Right before i went on a twinking craze about a year ago, i went into PvP as a total noob (yes, noob, a well-geared noob, i was terrible lol) and i fought a twink with my rogue and lost, lost, lost, lost, and lost again. He ended up befriending me and showed me how to twink. He gave me build advice, showed me a few tricks, and gave a few tips. Then, as a totally new rogue, with a new build and new skills, i went up against him 1v1 and won. He invited me to his guild (elite twinks) and i went on a twinking craze for a couple months meeting tons of new friends, theni retired and pursued a goal to reach the 36 cap on my mage. Had i've never gone into PvP as a noob, i would've never gotten the experience and tutoring i needed to become one of the best PvPers in that level. I met a really cool dude as well, whom i am still in contact with today.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

If you wanted to get rid of blocking the most simple thing to do is leave - it amazes me when people do not understand that.
    And what I meant from my "story" is that if people randomly booted me from a map I would have never seen how fun it was. Furthermore I would have never bought plats to increase my gears and skills.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

^This

Right before i went on a twinking craze about a year ago, i went into PvP as a total noob (yes, noob, a well-geared noob, i was terrible lol) and i fought a twink with my rogue and lost, lost, lost, lost, and lost again. He ended up befriending me and showed me how to twink. He gave me build advice, showed me a few tricks, and gave a few tips. Then, as a totally new rogue, with a new build and new skills, i went up against him 1v1 and won. He invited me to his guild (elite twinks) and i went on a twinking craze for a couple months meeting tons of new friends, theni retired and pursued a goal to reach the 36 cap on my mage. Had i've never gone into PvP as a noob, i would've never gotten the experience and tutoring i needed to become one of the best PvPers in that level. I met a really cool dude as well, whom i am still in contact with today.
    Person I met brought me into Elite Twinks also and now I stand there as an Officer.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

^This

Do again with no vanities, gear of the rare rarity. Maybe weaponless. Ask for build and advice.

If you wanted to get rid of blocking the most simple thing to do is leave - it amazes me when people do not understand that.
    And what I meant from my "story" is that if people randomly booted me from a map I would have never seen how fun it was. Furthermore I would have never bought plats to increase my gears and skills.
    Leaving is always an option, but why leave when you can have a nice game? .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

+1 good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I wrote "noobs" only after he did, figured it was ok to write.

Lol, I'm chill doesn't mean I can't argue out my point.

Some people don't know how to leave a map.
    What do you mean some players don't know how to leave a map? That's their problem honestly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    i dont think his being sarcastic, but your idea has many flaws. Let me explain some of my options if you don't mind

1. If that toon is really leeching, he still can hit every now and then just to not be voted out.
    2. If that toon is playing on pc and he had to pee, sometimes it would take more than a minute to do that . When he returned to play his already voted-out.
    3. In levels 20 to 24 drakeula is very very hard to kill. When your the only one with decent gears and all the rest are not, mostly you'll afk and wait for them to leave so that you can call your guild/friends to join you. Apparently this will not be an option in your suggestion so you'll end up leaving and wasted your energy/time.
    4. Inan'hesh's post is valid! The voted-out player should reclaim his energy wasted due to voting system.
    5. What happens if you only have 2 votes and the other one refuses to vote out?
    6. What happens if, because your talking to all those guys in the room to vote someone out you spend 30 secs or so doing that? Even your name on the partylist will have a kick/boot button too.
    7. Scenario: You entered a room with 3 people in the same guild. They didn't start the game because there waiting for thier other guildmate. In this case you blocked the spot for there guildmate. And since they didn'nt started or move, you are forced to not to start either. Now they can vote to kick you out and call their guildmate on (unless you solo the boss without them). You therefore wasted an energy.
    this ^