Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've figured out the solution to fixing the energy system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default I've figured out the solution to fixing the energy system

I've been thinking about this for the entire day today. I'm trying to reach Platinum tier with a few toons, and it's so boring doing the same dungeon over and over and over. Why? Well because I do most of my runs solo. Why is that? Well, occasionally I can find friends to do runs with, but most of the time nobody is around, or they are busy, or their parties are already full, and I don't have the time to sit around and wait for an opening. Part of the appeal of this game being a "mobile" game is that you can just sit down and play for 15 minutes.

The problem is that joining random groups will get you nowhere. Because the boss who appears is based on the tier of the first member who joins the dungeon (I'm pretty sure it is), joining PUGs is a good way to waste lots of energy because you'll keep getting the lowest boss. So those in a situation like mine, once we reach gold tier, we run the dungeons solo to make sure we get a good boss and don't waste our energy. After all, it takes 5 of the lowest boss to equal the number of points of the best boss, and that would mean wasted energy, and at 30k per energy, who wants to waste them.

The solution is to have 3 different dungeons, one for bronze tier and lower, one for silver tier, and one for gold tier and higher. These dungeons can even look slightly different in terms of the mobs that appear to make it more interesting, or maybe not if STS feels that is too much extra work.

In the Bronze tier dungeon, most of the time you get the lowest boss, and sometimes you get the second lowest. In the Silver tier dungeon, most of the time you get the second lowest boss, and sometimes you get the second highest. And in the Gold tier dungeon, most of the time you get the second highest boss, and sometimes you get the highest boss. Entry to each dungeon is limited by your tier. So you cannot gain entry to the Silver tier dungeon until you reach silver tier, and so on.

This would allow everyone to join random groups and not have the fear of ending up getting the lowest boss even if you are gold tier. It would make these events much more enjoyable.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I always found it weird the way it's currently set up too hehe
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Wasn't that, again, like Tarlok? Each level boss had it's own room? Yes, yes it was.

Please STS we loved tarlok. Use energy for the town-to-boss portals (they cost 5 plat at the time so was exactly the same) and give us the same in-map portal system we had in that event, where people could join map portals free and therefore could actually play as much as they wanted. Have the people in various tiers land in the appropriate map and bingo, all is well.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Wow such a simple solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

wonderful ener makes wondrful epic suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Yes this is great. I ran a lot of PUG's and was so frustrating to get the first boss and waste and energy. I love this idea!!!!!!!

Different dungeons for each tier, or at least three of them. They can do the final one with the chance that either of the last two bosses will pop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Agreed. It can be like the tombs: if you haven't unlocked the tier, you cannot enter that dungeon!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

STS look at this man and marry him! He will bring you twice as much more players and more money!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

In the Halloween feedback thread I suggested they improve the filter system so that people of the same level and tier are filtered together so as not to waste precious energy and time with bosses that are going to keep you from getting to the next tier.

I tried myself to get two extra Blinky's from running twinks just to have, but with me getting Scourge and Valko in PUG groups constantly I knew it was gonna be a hell of a stretch and that's with me running those twinks since first day and free energy. I managed to get half through silver before realizing that it just wasn't gonna happen running twink PUGs.

But for all we know the system could have been created this way to deter players from running multiple toons for top tier rewards, esp given that twinks aren't meant to run long term, they're more of a pvp/event based toon. In this sense, if you really want that gold/plat tier reward you actually have to earn it either by soloing, farming energy, or buying kits.

That's my two cents.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sts: "We love your feedback and our developer team is thinking about it."

1 month later at Tarlok event:

Energy refills once every 48 hours, the maximum energy you can get is 2, you get 1 energy for 25 plat, energy is non-tradeable, and you can't loot energy from bosses anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMage:D View Post
    Sts: "We love your feedback and our developer team is thinking about it."

1 month later at Tarlok event:

Energy refills once every 48 hours, the maximum energy you can get is 2, you get 1 energy for 25 plat, energy is non-tradeable, and you can't loot energy from bosses anymore.
    Lol that looting energy from bosses is screwed up already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Tarlok.

Why fix something that was never broken?

I honestly do not care about letting platters use town portals for runs, but let the spawned portals give free entry. The spawned portal bosses can even give less tokens and points! That way the plat whales aiming for LB see town portals as more appealing (hint hint: More income). People who want to have fun don't mind grinding it out a bit with "lesser" portals.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Tarlok.

I honestly do not care about letting platters use town portals for runs, but let the spawned portals give free entry. The spawned portal bosses can even give less tokens and points! That way the plat whales aiming for LB see town portals as more appealing (hint hint: More income). People who want to have fun don't mind grinding it out a bit with "lesser" portals.
    Lol that won't give them more income since only a small part of the playerbase would pay for a portal, with this the spawn of portals also should become way less then that it is now because atm it's way to easy to spawn a portal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Lol that won't give them more income since only a small part of the playerbase would pay for a portal, with this the spawn of portals also should become way less then that it is now because atm it's way to easy to spawn a portal.
    It's the concept that stands. Online players are more inclined to spend money than offline ones
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

2 observations.

#1. This has been suggested like a bazillion times so i do not understand why it hasn't been added to the event system.
    #2. This event was a success so i highly doubt sts will remove the energy system, maybe make it more FTP and adjust somethings but definately won't remove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Game for us, business for sts. Face it, take it or leave it.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    That's not true. In the Tarlok event the portals only spawned after bosses died, and not frequently. The leaderboard runners would still pay for in-town plat portals, but this would let everyone else play as much as they wanted also. It's a win win and would not reduce plat spent.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Tarlok.

For profits, this world is run on money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Im not sure but i think one dev said the reason they removed portal system was because of holding portals open.

=1 to ener

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    That's not true. In the Tarlok event the portals only spawned after bosses died, and not frequently. The leaderboard runners would still pay for in-town plat portals, but this would let everyone else play as much as they wanted also. It's a win win and would not reduce plat spent.
    Even if people didn't spend plat for portals wouldn't they use their plat to open more locked crates instead?This is actually a good thing because the price of event mythics would drop allowing more people to afford them.

It's a win win for the game. Unfortunately STS doesn't think so and they created the energy system. Really sad that we waste time making these threads and nothing changes.

We all agree that tarlok was the best event so why won't STS fix it? If only they added something in the game that made it worth playing. For months it's been double xp weekend, free respec, double super gem, double story tokens, event for plat buyers.... When will we get something that's fun and worth playing again? At this rate it looks like never.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post: