Thread: Suggestion: Offline Single Player Feature (For you Phar).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Suggestion: Offline Single Player Feature (For you Phar).

This one's for you Phar.

I was on the train earlier and 3G reception was just really bad, and I really wanted to play PL. Then got me thinking, why not have a PL Offline Feature?

What I had in mind was..

There should be NO exp gained. Levelling up should only be done online.

Kill count could go up, as you'd be able to create any of the maps you purchased.

You can get gold, but at a slower rate. Farming shouldn't be as fast offline, as it would be online.

You can still get drops, reduced rate maybe?

So in the end, the only thing that happens when you go from offline to online is you upload your gained kills, gold, and loot if ever you keep any.

I wouldn't see a need for the entire world (towns, etc). It could just be the character selection screen with the only option as "World Map" to create a map and go straight into it.

Idk how the entire thing could work yet really. If only this was possible though, I WILL NOT STOP PLAYING PL. In places with bad reception/no wifi, in the plane, anywhere where I can pull out my device really.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking it will pull in and keep more players too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

it would be a bad idea to have an offline mode that could affect your online account because things like botters would farm all their stuff offline where they cant get caught, to sell online etc. i think that might be a main reason why there arent any mmo's that i can think of that do that o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

That'd be true for PC I think.

But would that be possible on mobile devices? iPhones, idk really. I'm not familiar with android so I wouldn't know.

Maybe have a paid version of PL to be able to use an offline version and be able to link to online version. That way new players don't just play for free.

Edit:

Dungeon Defenders has something like this, and I don't think they have botting problems, even if they're on PC, unless I'm mistaken.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 02-06-2011 at 03:52 AM.