Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When is the mage buff coming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Lol. ,)

I just dont login more then a minute or 2 every once in a while because the ping is like lmao.... its useless to play with pings between 500 and 4000 you get 1 shot even by total nab rogues before the shield is up. You cant release the button 3 or more seconds before you notice the rogue which means gg.
    There were times when my ping was around 250 with little peaks here and then but since 2015 its just ridiculous. Ill give it a try today but i know what will happen...
    what my ping is always in the range of 400-1.5k the best i have received till date is only 289 zzz

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imjebus View Post
    When is the mage buff coming: Never. Get use to it guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I see what you guys are talking about. I'm sure I can have a talk with the guys about it. Stay tuned.

Also, I promise we aren't ignoring Warriors. Just like we aren't ignoring mages. Here is the reasoning behind waiting on buffs/nerfs: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post2024459
    So what does this mean then? This was a recent post by Remiem
    Proud guild master of <Mage Army>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Whatever they do,rogue will always be the best class that shine either in PvP or PvE.Even if they are going to be a "buff" for sorcerer,it will not come soon.STS are focusing on new level cap update and their new PvP based game.So this is the time (again) to retired and back when there are excited event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    So what does this mean then? This was a recent post by Remiem
    This is just another empty promise. Heard of the boy that cried Wolf? Even after they implement something for mages it becomes more of a nerf or a joke of a buff.

No taking it away from them on the recent shield buff, it was long overdue.

And please, what pvp based game? They can't even get basic pvp theology right. It is doom to fail. Look at a game like world of warcraft where pvp is every much a heartbeat of the game like instance runs (pve). It took them awhile to get it right, but at least they knew and admit what was wrong and fixed it in a timely fashion. FYI, world of warcraft has more than 3 classes and each class has 3 skill trees. If you can't get it right then don't implement it. Period. Just come out and say it as it is. AL is a role playing non pvp game. Don't sneakily add it in. Like saying this is a 5 star hotel and build a pond; claiming it is a swimming pool to gain a 5 star status.

To me STG is equivalent to the Blizzard in the mobile mmo space. Maybe this is too much of an expectation or compliment to them. Because ever since they won awards they got complacent and the game is going down hill. Only you can set limits for yourself, there is no ceiling to what anyone can achieve.
    Last edited by Leonut; 01-30-2015 at 10:36 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonut For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    This is just another empty promise. Heard of the boy that cried Wolf? Even after they implement something for mages it becomes more of a nerf or a joke of a buff.

No taking it away from them on the recent shield buff, it was long overdue.

And please, what pvp based game? They can't even get basic pvp theology right. It is doom to fail. Look at a game like world of warcraft where pvp is every much a heartbeat of the game like instance runs (pve). It took them awhile to get it right, but at least they knew and admit what was wrong and fixed it in a timely fashion. FYI, world of warcraft has more than 3 classes and each class has 3 skill trees. If you can't get it right then don't implement it. Period. Just come out and say it as it is. AL is a role playing non pvp game. Don't sneakily add it in. Like saying this is a 5 star hotel and build a pond; claiming it is a swimming pool to gain a 5 star status.

To me STG is equivalent to the Blizzard in the mobile mmo space. Maybe this is too much of an expectation or compliment to them. Because ever since they won awards they got complacent and the game is going down hill. Only you can set limits for yourself, there is no ceiling to what anyone can achieve.
    Depends on how you think of it. If everyone expects the mage buff to come, it will come, because sts cant afford to let down all us mages. If people start to make weird theories on how the buff will never come, then sts has no reason to create a buff because people already expect them not to. Its almost as if we are the spoiled children in the life of a family. We cry and cry until the parents give us what we want, if we dont cry, then they wont give us anything. I think we should cry a little bit more maybe add some pressure. Stop making reasons for sts to not add the buff and instead help the community show sts that we wont stop crying until they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Depends on how you think of it. If everyone expects the mage buff to come, it will come, because sts cant afford to let down all us mages. If people start to make weird theories on how the buff will never come, then sts has no reason to create a buff because people already expect them not to. Its almost as if we are the spoiled children in the life of a family. We cry and cry until the parents give us what we want, if we dont cry, then they wont give us anything. I think we should cry a little bit more maybe add some pressure. Stop making reasons for sts to not add the buff and instead help the community show sts that we wont stop crying until they do.
    protest? Revolution? Rebellion?

GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    protest? Revolution? Rebellion?

GG
    Yes!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Yes!!!
    This post literally made me go LMAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Remiem posted on chat box earlier they are having a meeting about over class balance... hope they will post something soon ......

New 03-02, 07:37
    Remiem
    We're still scoping out what it'll take, so I'm not sure what the timeline is just yet.

New 03-02, 07:38
    Imsofancy
    yea, remiem is correct, each class needs improvments

Remiem
    We're having a meeting about it on Wednesday and I'll know a bit more then.

Imsofancy
    i find it kinda weird my legendary equpied rogue can kill a arcane mage

Imjebus
    Before anything gets implemented when it comes to the whole balance of every class, the community should test it in the test servers.

Imjebus
    Just a suggestion. :x

will0
    it is not wierd

New 03-02, 07:39
    will0
    it is always rogue damage and mage shield cant handle

will0
    we cant even stun them much

will0
    since season 2-3

will0
    no immunity

will0
    only have neckro and not everyone have the gold to buy one

New 03-02, 07:40
    will0
    once mage shield is down we are food

New 03-02, 07:41
    Remiem
    Oh there will be much testing. MUCH testing.

New 03-02, 07:41
    will0
    yes remiem play mage with those pro rogues u will know

New 03-02, 07:42
    Overweightank

When you kill sometimes, the enemy in PvP dies, but doesnt die for reason, it happens in both Ctf and Tdm

New 03-02, 07:42
    Remiem
    Oh trust me. I know how painful it is.
    Last edited by will0; 02-02-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey all,

There is no mage buf coming.
    I have start post abit corrected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so we mages are like kinda left out.

even with runs they team up with rogue as its faster and easier, this is why I have allready lvl up a rogue to lvl 41 now. As I wanna do planer and arena to, and not waiting for like an hour to find a party. When I am with my rogue I get inv in like 2 sec and with mage I have to ask and ask and ask and hope for the best.

Robhawk

At the end of the day there are 2 good options:

1. Stop playing, like many already did. I was on for 3 hours last 3 weeks so im on the road for leaving arlor too. (but more because of the ridiculous connection i have since 2015)
    2. make a rogue

gg, ty

edit: I play mage since the beginning of 2013 and from the first days of pvp until now there were no real mage buffs / class balance. So 2 years nothing major happened... its not worth to wait anymore IMHO !

What happened in pvp at all?

PVP-CTF was released and after a while PVP-TDM was added... and then ? Which new content since nearly 2 years? Any? No ? I see !
    Last edited by Robhawk; 02-03-2015 at 07:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

At the end of the day there are 2 good options:

1. Stop playing, like many already did. I was on for 3 hours last 3 weeks so im on the road for leaving arlor too. (but more because of the ridiculous connection i have since 2015)
    2. make a rogue

gg, ty

edit: I play mage since the beginning of 2013 and from the first days of pvp until now there were no real mage buffs / class balance. So 2 years nothing major happened... its not worth to wait anymore IMHO !

What happened in pvp at all?

PVP-CTF was released and after a while PVP-TDM was added... and then ? Which new content since nearly 2 years? Any? No ? I see !
    AL is a pve game with fake pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    AL is a pve game with fake pvp.
    Agreed. For some reason i now see a stat bug too...keep this aside for a while.

One problem that i noticed is that we cant deal DMG either in PVP or PVE regardless of the stat displayments. I found out that when i have 300dmg the damage dealt is only 211 even when the dps is 317...i dont know kf this is intentional but even i tried killing a war...the guy was just standing and healing and i was non stop trying to deal more and more dmg....

To be updated later...

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    One problem that i noticed is that we cant deal DMG either in PVP or PVE regardless of the stat displayments. I found out that when i have 300dmg the damage dealt is only 211
    You forgot about armor value... armor reduces the damage you deal, in pve and pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

You forgot about armor value... armor reduces the damage you deal, in pve and pvp.
    yes, indeed forgot that is why i had also mentioned to be updated later. Currently...im just looking at the aspects of the sorcerer class...maybe something good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I made an end game rogue too but it's not fun for me I've always played mage in these types of games
    If a warrior meet me in tdm, hes trying to go back to his team instead of trying to kill me, a much better feeling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I need more pvp practice on rogue. With arcane ring and elon bow i was getting squished pretty good. It was too embarrassing so I left lol. But I know what you mean about the way warriors look at mages even with ring they're not intimidated
    I recommend spend a little time on lvl26 to practice, there many good rogue vs rogue happening. Its like a rogue academy, there was many good rogue talents(more than end game), idk if still active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

I need more pvp practice on rogue. With arcane ring and elon bow i was getting squished pretty good. It was too embarrassing so I left lol.
    This totally makes me laugh Shiny! I'm with ya on it too!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Dont use nox on a war if vb or jugg is active. decreases theor skill CDs.