Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your Opinion on Power leveling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have no problems with powerleveling per se.

I have a problem with lowbies who come into high level maps. They can powerlevel in more appropriate level maps. There's no advantage PL'ing in Fathom vs Ao3, but of course, these people don't know that and would prefer to stand behind some level 50s rather than more appropriate level people. Hell, they won't even get their friends to powerlevel them in level appropriate maps...

I have a problem with high levels who do not know anything about their character: they don't know skills, strategy, have no gold because they never spent the time to farm anything, don't know what farming is, don't know how to group, have no friends because they never played, have no equips because they never played.

I have a problem with high levels who do not know anything about the game: they do not know where the store is, what farming is, what the swamps is, what Ao2 is, what plasma is, what portals are, how to walk between towns, what towns are, how to join games, how to host games, how to group, how to run groups, how to BE in a group, and on and on.

I would really love to see a -3/+3 level restriction on areas.

In the meantime, I starting a very long ignore list of level 40s+ who beg. I thought just leaving their games, etc would work, but all their whining is really annoying. I might add in those high levels who die in Balefort or Fathom dungeons. Umm....the level 21 and level 19 did not understand that AT ALL! And no, he was not AFK. He came in, ran after us through a populated corridor and died! Then he left. Maybe he was seeing how low he could go to die :P Just a recent example of an epidemic.

Oh yeah, he asked for rev first. My friend the mage made him wait and told him to not die. LOL.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 02-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i played this game with my bird, and reached AO at lvl 30 (at that point 4500 kills/1 death). And after this its hard to get a group in a random AO map.
    Found some guys in Pyramid and i really thank them by letting me in their party (ok there was only 1 or 2 lvl 50 in it). Im now 43. I did all quest, except the 2 with collect 1000X this and that and got 5 more deaths (awfull ping yesterday in 2 or 3 games)

If you already killed each boss with another char, why not powerlevel.
    Level 54 -- Level 07 -- Level 50
    Ursanblessing - Icannotres - Birdinpink
    Warrior --- Mage --- Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I see no problem. Powerleveling requires xp pots or else its not powerleveling but wait wered you get the gold for pots? O right you EARNED it. I see no problem in this other then knowing how hard you've worked getting from lvl 1 to 50 espicially if you were here in april or early may how much time you put into this game seeing people fly through levels in days. Its aggrovating, but most of you have done it ^^ hypocrites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default other characters require different skill knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Ursanblessing View Post
    well i played this game with my bird, and reached AO at lvl 30 (at that point 4500 kills/1 death). And after this its hard to get a group in a random AO map.
    Found some guys in Pyramid and i really thank them by letting me in their party (ok there was only 1 or 2 lvl 50 in it). Im now 43. I did all quest, except the 2 with collect 1000X this and that and got 5 more deaths (awfull ping yesterday in 2 or 3 games)

If you already killed each boss with another char, why not powerlevel.
    I am ambivalent bout p leveling. One should at least play enough to know the advantages/disadvantages of their class as well as individual and group combos before p leveling. If everyone did this we would be so much more harmonious as a community.

I p leveled my alts after doing all quests except for pelt/snowball. Still working on my cyber for one alt and will move on to those after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why would it be ok to power level alts?
    Leveling being the game, Different skills and strategy: not the same game for me sorry.
    You already get a clear advantage by knowing the game mechanics...

Should you wish to have a full int Mage AND a pally, I agree it's a bit tedious to start all over again. But if that's what you want, here s the price.

Such mmo should have rules...

Now what is done is done... And fairness for those who invested time, plat and efforts is gone.
    Ok idc.

Question remains : does STS want to consider this as an issue for their game and enforce it like they do with account reselling (pretty much the same to me, btw)?

• Low lvl Quests shouldn't be available for high lvls
    • higher level Maps shouldn't be accessible, or already unlocked for your alts especially since it's been nerfed.
    • There shouldn't be such things as mummies farming grounds with mini bosses you can just skip (how interesting is that anyway).
    • should there be xp pots to begin with? or only to be bought with plat.

Some will object PL being a so-called casual mmo?*
    Plenty of other casual games for that on the app store.
    I though this one was standing out for a reason.
    I'd call it casual if you could buy decent amount of gold by plat though.

Why not ask to be able to buy lvl50s Alts in plat once you caped your main while we're at it?

Seems to me STS are fine with it since the topic isnt really new, and nothing has been done so I guess such discussion is pointless, we just need to wonder if we can adapt to the change.

Only STS have the cards anyway, and I'll play long as like what they release.
    So far so good. still there, waiting to see what's next.

That's just my opinion, not a crusade. You may certainly have a different one and I say 'cool'.*

Ps: yes I'll try to respec and add some points in conciseness.
    Ps2 : Just to bring in some context. I'm not an 'old player. Just arrived with ao2 release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont care how a char reached 50 and how many kills/deaths he have, the only thing that matters is how he plays, ive seen players with 3k kills who know how to play... Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

when sts want to stop powerlevel they would have done already... its very simple... a little fix with little update..
    what i dont understand is why sts did stop it in "tombs of mynas" and didnt it at "crush keeper"..??

@recklessfa: i had all my 3 50s before swamp quests came out, it wouldnt be right to lock it thought... but i like ur idea of remove the XP-pots.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I disagree with powerleveling if its your first toon. You miss out on the mechanics of the game and the time it takes to learn you're charscter. And its not hard to tell if its your first 50 cause when you ask what the name of my void gear is or when you don't know how to trade or even when you have 600 kills those just give it away.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's bad, people aren't learning to play their character. If you already have one and are just making a twink or something, I don't have a problem with it. But many people are doing it for their first character.

It's bad for the developers too. I found this site that says, when you first get the game, only buy alien oasis because all the others are "a waste of platinums". It also encourages people to tag along with high levels. When new people download the game, and they see guides like this..they realize they don't need to spend much plat to get to the max level. All the other maps are just a waste, why bother buying them.

I realize that people should be allowed to buy as little or as much as they want, and they should be allowed to play what they pay for. Thats why i suggest that low levels earn only a small fraction of xp in maps that are too high for them. This would encourage them to play in the recommended maps, because that is the fastest way they'd lvl up.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

For people who do not know this game, playing at high levels and NOT knowing how to play is also frustrating for them. They have to resort to standing back and never really playing and begging a lot. I can't see how they can enjoy that.

As for leveling in 30s, I leveled in Lost Expedition (LE) and Swamps. What's wrong with those? I think LE teaches a lot and when I was doing those, I'd see higher levels have trouble with the area. Why? I'm guessing because they've never figured it out. They never figured out how to NOT get mobbed, how to draw out a few at a time, how to deal with being frozen, maybe even how to kite. It's sad really to see level 40s constantly dying in Balefort or 50s not able to run Swamps. How is that fun game play?

I see some peoples' response is that they have every right to reach the end game as fast as possible because new content is coming. But the new content will be there whether you level in LE or Ao2. Actually, leveling in LE will not take you that much longer than begging to join Ao2 groups and is begging really that much more fun than playing the game? You might even get good friends (the #1 act you can do in game to make your online time much more enjoyable) and learn to run games, which by the way, you also need.

And yep, seen those level 50s that die a lot in Ao3 and leave. Sad really, when they could be having a good time playing and joining friends that they've made along their journey.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly...is this really a big deal? Ignore and boot are incorporated into this game for a reason.
    xFreeballerx- Level 12 Twink

Krillik: Dood after this match imma join ur team and u help me kill people