Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PL Days of Future to Come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default PL Days of Future to Come

So after seeing this years Halloween event I'm calling out a few things that I would think would probably happen in the future PL.

1. We won't get any event or major updates besides Holiday reused maps.
    2. STS will bring back old items rebranded for new and current players think Weapons,Armors, ect back as new rescale stuff. (Next would be recolored nuris vanity armors)
    3. Nothing at all
    4. Bring back tons of old items such as pumpkin helms, winter wings in hopes to please new players.

My assumption is that they will eventually reuse even old elites if PL does not shut down servers by then. Programming anything new would be a waste of manpower. And in a business sense a waste of money.

All in all I think us old players should accept the fact that our once treasured items from yesterday year will no longer be so valuable as recolored or reused variants will be introduced.

But the good news that if they do that the likelihood of PL being shut off completely would be slim as with anything as long as you have a audience there is still money to be made.

My question is with how crazy the PL economy is even in the few months I've been back with items jumping up as much as 200% hoarding and collecting all these long gone items will be for naught one way or another in the end. Well that's my 2 cents. Just wondering if anyone had any other opinions to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I hear you, and all of the veterans. And im agree with your thoughts. There is no such thing to lose hope as the reused events. On the other side, im just a new gen player, but im glad for everything that all ive got. You know, everything is new for the newborn ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Man i hope STS will wake up and give us a worthy Christmas event. Instead of toying with all the old stuff, why dont they design some new never-before-seen gear. That way PL's consumers have something new to look forward to... This idea would be a money making machine for STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I don't like reusing stuff... There is a reason why it's valuable after all.
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Idc much about any reused items as I have the skills that hardly no one else will be able to obtain. I deleted half of my old vanities from 2010 because I came to realize that if it doesnt have extra stats then its worthless to me. I had it all except founders helm, if they reuse vanities its not going to make any of us highly skilled (with me being the most skilled), any less skilled then before. The only thing that can ruin this game is the servers going offline indefinetly

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Actually, I got a chance to talk to Seo in game about a week ago, and he mentioned things that they have been working on.
    Granted, he said it's not confirmed, but you really think they'd put work into something without having pretty good odds of releasing it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Let's keep our hopes up. more important to me is that this game keeps running with community
    Timelife & Partys & Tendrillz & Blessedbeast & Displayin & Bannin & Eggsies & Pandabehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

thats true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Seo was on and he took a bunch of suggestions from the community in forest haven at the time.

He said he would bring up all of the points and he was incredibly kind.
    AL: l20 rogue : irootz l20 smurf : irootzz
    Proud gm of <Complexity>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Keep your trust in STS. One day they'll release something big that NO ONE will be able to complain about.
    Like guild wars.
    Wait...what?
    "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
    Matthew 11:28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I might not be the best at typing but here is what i have to say.

I believe the best thing STS can do is to plan for a big graphic's update including new items, new dungeons and such. I believe that if they started caring more and maybe even start advertising for this game would be super good for them.

This game has been out for 4 years now and 4 years is alot of time for a gaming app. I don't think they have noticed it because they have invested almost all their money(correct me if im wrong) they got from this game into doing new games, completely forgetting that this game is long standing. The way they made this game is absolutely great, it doesn't take much from your phone. I have been using a Android that is 3 years and still can play this game without problems on it. I find this game more interesting and fun than any other games out there at this moment.
    I prefer playing pocket legends before league of legends, counterstrike global offensive and all those computer games. What i like about this game is it's viability and the community. It's a fantastic game an whole.

If anyone took the time and read this i would like to say thanks.

- Surfing

Surfingbear, surfingmage, surfingfox, surfingrhino and surfingbirdie

Theonebear, iisak, isurfi, powandwissuck, Chaosfarm and leftfootofgod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeter D Bird View Post
    So after seeing this years Halloween event I'm calling out a few things that I would think would probably happen in the future PL.

2. STS will bring back old items rebranded for new and current players think Weapons,Armors, ect back as new rescale stuff. (Next would be recolored nuris vanity armors)
    3. Nothing at all
    4. Bring back tons of old items such as pumpkin helms, winter wings in hopes to please new players.

My assumption is that they will eventually reuse even old elites if PL does not shut down servers by then. Programming anything new would be a waste of manpower. And in a business sense a waste of money.

All in all I think us old players should accept the fact that our once treasured items from yesterday year will no longer be so valuable as recolored or reused variants will be introduced.

But the good news that if they do that the likelihood of PL being shut off completely would be slim as with anything as long as you have a audience there is still money to be made.

My question is with how crazy the PL economy is even in the few months I've been back with items jumping up as much as 200% hoarding and collecting all these long gone items will be for naught one way or another in the end. Well that's my 2 cents. Just wondering if anyone had any other opinions to add.
    No they should not reuse old elites or even old vanities, they were exclusive for a reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeter D Bird View Post

3. Nothing at all

Is this another thread begging for the re-release of veteran vanities? Do you really believe that STG is going to give you a re-colored Crown of Persistance, Mount Fang Armor, etc? Show some respect. If I know something, those are one of they very few things they wouldn't dare touch. Sure, they will bring back the same events every year and if you're lucky, the same item packs. And are you claiming that bringing back these vanities will please the newer generation? Games are suppose to give you a fun experience. Giving us a great gameplay experience is what will "please" the players.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Guy View Post
    Is this another thread begging for the re-release of veteran vanities? Do you really believe that STG is going to give you a re-colored Crown of Persistance, Mount Fang Armor, etc? Show some respect. If I know something, those are one of they very few things they wouldn't dare touch. Sure, they will bring back the same events every year and if you're lucky, the same item packs. And are you claiming that bringing back these vanities will please the newer generation? Games are suppose to give you a fun experience. Giving us a great gameplay experience is what will "please" the players.
    Naw its just my opinion at this point I wouldn't really mind. I'd rather they do and we have more updates than they don't and all we get is holiday updates. Elites can stay as they are but there are a ton of items I'd think they could breath some new life into. And if the do release another content update in the event that they do I can guarantee that part of the update will be include old items rebranded as elite items. If you think about it the newest Halloween helm is only a combination of the frozen crown and a bone helm. What's to say that won't happen again. That's the thing about mmo players they take being a oldie so much to heart that they forget that they were once a newbie. Any game at one point has legacy items that come back that's just in their nature. There are many games I've placed that the Dev brought back old stuff much to my enjoyment and my despise. What's to say STS will be any different. This is not a plea to have them bring it back so I can collect everything. This is a plea to bring it back to breath some life into a dying game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

What happens if they shut down the severs?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Guy View Post
    Still jelly of my CoP.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ani-Will-Kill View Post
    with me being the most skilled
    Ani, so far ur all talk and no do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmc View Post
    What happens if they shut down the severs?
    then game's gone?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRandom View Post
    Ani, so far ur all talk and no do.
    I thought I told you: Don't take the bait! Go stick your nose in a corner...
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I thought I told you: Don't take the bait! Go stick your nose in a corner...
    neva!