Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ahhhhh i need my pocket legends fix....cant get this to work on samsung fascinate..galaxy s on verizon. Has anyone got it to work on this phone???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a guide for crafting? I have no idea how to do it..
    One man's trash, can be another man's treasure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just went through all items in the auction house level 51 and above, and it scares me. It looks like there was little investment in weapon and armor modeling. Literally 100% of the armor I went through was the exact same model. I hope the armor changes as the levels go up, otherwise we will all look like an army of knight that walked out of the looking glass (Alice in Wonderland...)

Can I vote for a method to change the color of gems on weapons? A pink or purple sword is not what I want to be rocking. If not I may take an orange weapon and craft the heck out of it. Orange is better looking than pink. Black would be pleasurable.

Random question on another topic. When do level 52 and higher items drop? Are drops based on your level, such that when I'm 54 I will loot 55 items? If that is the case then do the bosses difficulty get harder as players get higher?
    MarginalDeath - 55 warrior
    HawkHogan - 50 archer
    TigOhBitties - 50 enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Overall I love this update. I think the difficulty of BS needs to be cranke up a notch, but it's a nice campaign.
    I have to say though, the crafting costs are kind of crazy to me. If everything I hear is correct, crafting a level 55 top piece of gear costs 60 plat, so a full set is like 240p. That means if I level 4 characters I'll need 1000 plat just to get them all top gear. It would be one thing if it was a vanity purchase for looks only. The devs used to proudly state in the old days that you couldn't buy your way into the best gear, an now, unless I'm missing something, it is not only possible but required. I guess that's been changing for a while, with the new low level pink packs, etc, but I'm saddened to see it happen at the cap, and somewhat stunned by the costs. Can someone please tell me there's something I've missed?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Overall I love this update. I think the difficulty of BS needs to be cranke up a notch, but it's a nice campaign.
    I have to say though, the crafting costs are kind of crazy to me. If everything I hear is correct, crafting a level 55 top piece of gear costs 60 plat, so a full set is like 240p. That means if I level 4 characters I'll need 1000 plat just to get them all top gear. It would be one thing if it was a vanity purchase for looks only. The devs used to proudly state in the old days that you couldn't buy your way into the best gear, an now, unless I'm missing something, it is not only possible but required. I guess that's been changing for a while, with the new low level pink packs, etc, but I'm saddened to see it happen at the cap, and somewhat stunned by the costs. Can someone please tell me there's something I've missed?
    Only thing I could hope for is those plat based items are actually rare drops too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok, heres my feedback.

At first, i entered the town, looked around, and then went to explore the levels...
    I found the cockroach fun, as with other bosses, but, as i looked at the items, and the things i was so furiously smashing... i kinda... just saw... bleh.
    I couldve sworn these weapons were just recolored versions of normal items, which they kinda were..

Next i saw the goblin mobs, same as the balefort ones, i found that terriblely lame....
    THEN, the WORST PART EVER THAT MADE ME FALL OFF THE BED, knock over my sidetable lamp, burst the bulb, catch my curtains on fire, and scorch half my room, was... The crafting.... All i saw was plat plat and... more plat, the thing i looked forward to most, was... horrible... ive never really.. complained about your pricing.... but, you guys have always said, you cant buy the best gear (and bragged about that aspect) but ive heard that full 55 crafting costs... 240 plat?!??!? sorry, but overall... the update kinda gets a thumbs down... sorry for being so negative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Also, from what I've seen the Str (Rift equivalent maybe) have NO m/s again.

Maybe not yet, but then again this might lead to another rift issue before the m/s was added.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Also, from what I've seen the Str (Rift equivalent maybe) have NO m/s again.

Maybe not yet, but then again this might lead to another rift issue before the m/s was added.
    But it has INSANE h/s... saw one with like 10 h/s... for just one piece?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I think its 8 H/S. Yeah its crazy alright, but wasn't rift also that high before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll get this posted on the official thread, as I'm kinda sad about it.

First up, the good:
    - New area looks EXCELLENT. Gold Fever is a nasty gentleman. Hard to solo even the trash. Gold drops look okay so far...about 3-5x Shadow. Why is the gold terrible in Shadow, anyway?
    - Speaking of which, Shadow Caves on the main map was probably a good move. It's still hard as hell.

And now...the not so good:
    - I have spent a fair amount of money on PL between mine and my girlfriend's accounts, and I've had no qualms about doing so. The pricing on the crafting system is AWFUL as is. Recipes need to come as rare boss drops, and instructions purchased once need to remain purchased and not be consumed upon use. I'm fine with paying for stuff...I just don't want to pay for all sorts of the same thing over and over again. I didn't mind the component section in the Plat Store, because at least I could use in game gold for those. Take a look at my account, devs: I'm not rich. I'd work for that money.
    - Making the best pieces of EQ crafted platinum-only pieces? Against my understanding of PL and STS entirely. This doesn't seem like something you guys would do. I have to wonder if you've all been kidnapped and replaced with AO3 aliens.
    - The rings need to drop. Plat only purchase for an entire class of equipment that actually affects gameplay could upset game balance (not that I care about PvP) and makes me sort of sad. I was so sad I bought one and cried like a chubby kid with an empty half gallon container of Rocky Road. Not cool, STS. On the plus side, I'd sell my uncle for more M/s, so this may just be exploitation... Still...multi-colored rings that drop in boss fights and crummy ones that drop from trash, just like everything else. Please. Very important...if only for the excitement of a new player finding a shimmering trinket in the forest. I'm not even being selfish here.
    - When I lock a game and restrict its level, my Level 21 friend can still wander in. Any thoughts on this? (tested twice earlier this evening)

That's all I have. I am a loyal PL player/fan and will continue to be as such, but these changes need to be at least considered. Don't worry...you guys will still get a pile of money from me regardless. I'd just rather not spend it on one-time-use digital permissions.

*rant over*
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i dont like the all gem items like ok
    positives - the new campaign is good looks good like the fire need to avoid it bosses are strong that mage and bear duo is annoying much to explore different passages
    - i have not tried crafting yet but from the previous comments it doesnt look good :/
    negatives- the items do look ok but all look the same i no its a giant update but like the wand is just a remake of the brain freeze...
    and gems in a sewer :/ the most disappointing thing IS THE TALON! its just a plain pink talon :/
    i no its a huge!!!! update and most of it is very good just dislike the item looks and stats are messed up dex pink items no m/s h/s just hit and crit
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

why i can buy recipe for greens and noone for pinks...? didnt c a button...?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

and which are exactly the 11 new maps..? i counted 6 to host, where are the others..?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think they are built off the sewer maps I'm sure like you can't host them
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't been playing the game for very long and I've recently forked out a load of money to you guys to buy all the game features and maps (I was instantly impressed with how STS didn't charge platinum for the best items, paying one off fees for map packs is the best approach).

I have about 80 platinum left from my newbie spending spree. This will be gone in seconds if I try Crafting (Recipes should be one time purchases ... why would I throw a way a recipe after using it once). Which means I will need to buy more platinum. Which means in the short time I've been playing Pocket Legends it's costing me more than my World of Warcraft account. Now, don't get me wrong I think PL is a fab game and it's very addictive, but it's not on the same scale as WoW yet and I won't pay more for PL than WoW.

You could just say that I can ignore crafting if I want, but why should I? I don't have to ignore it in WoW, it's part of the game, and I want to play the whole game.

Its update day and I don't even want to login because I know how miffed I'll be because I can't do all the crafting like I wanted to. There's a good chance I may quite PL now which saddens me because the investment in platinum I've already bought is wasted now. I'm hoping that your better judgement will kick back in and the dollar signs will dis-appear from your eyes... Don't make an awesome content update a way to fleece your paying customers.

Sorry to be so negative

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Guys please dont do this to me ... i have been looking forward to crafting for .....FOREVER but 10 plat for EVERY recipe EACH time ... This cant be .. if you buy a recipe it should be yours !! not having to buy it each time =( PLEASE !!!! PLEASE !!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

TOTALLY agree with crafting being too expensive.....I'm VERY tight with plat, so unless this changes I won't be crafting...I will wait and let you guys fix this before I try to craft any more. Thanks for listening.......
    "All is fair in love and war, but remember, this is just a game"

IGN CowboyJim lvl 100 Bear, Juraviel lvl 100 Mage, CowboyJimArch lvl 100 Dex Bird, Cowboytwink lvl 22 Bird, duckorcroak lvl 10 bird
    SL Juraviel lvl 40 Engineer DL Juraviel lvl 21 AL CowboyJim lvl 21 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please upload it as apk and give us link. Our just give us a link if you already did.
    edit:
    It's here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-market-access You should give it to the first post.
    Last edited by Naarity; 02-08-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

All in all it is an excellent update. The things I like less are the following:

1- Crafting is way expensive considering the results.
    2- Difficulty level is very interesting for the hardcore gamer but may deter the more casual player (this may be a good thing not sure). Also makes it real hard for those of us who did not farm for gear or gold. Perhaps this was why the shadow caves initially dropped so much gear?
    3- Too much bling on standard crowns! Crown of persistence should stand out more (maybe it does when worn?)
    4- I still do not have a squirrel suit. This is my main grief and is, of course, unacceptable.

The remainder of the update is simply amazing! Good job to everyone at STS. Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great update on almost all. The main problem I see is that recipes have to be bought each time and there are enough of them to cost a lot of plat.

Why no mana regen on new pinks? please explain this

Also why so many mines on the levels lol.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird