Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do birds complain about strength sets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Default Why do birds complain about strength sets?

I dont think there is any unbalance in PvP. In fact, the only class I've felt uncomfortable playing are STR Bear and Pally Mage (to some extent). Above level 50, birds have a fair chance of winning. Its all about knowing what ur opponent is going to do, and quick reactions. This is my opinion, I haven't reached level 75/76/77 yet so correct me if I'm wrong.

Gear:
    Always wear bow set not talon.

Stats:
    Full dex

For example:
    1. Bear
    First thing bear is gonna do is beckon / HS
    1. Bird
    First thing bird is gonna do is Repulse, to make the bear miss, in addition to causing 100 to 150 damage.
    2. Bear
    Now that the bear has missed its beckon, its gonna stomp and start its slashes. Stomp is going to stun the bird and in the mean time, the bear can use its slashes.
    2. Bird
    Bird knows its going to stomp, it uses Blinding shot / Thorn wall followed by Break armour (always keep a distance). Totally if none are dodged, It will cause about 250 - 300 damage. Bird will let bear stomp, take some damage, and use avian (4 or 5 avian, have to get it confirmed) to get free of bears stun. By now the bear has taken significant damage and has not regenerated enough during the time the bird was stunned because bird used avian. Also a full dex bird has so much hit that it can overcome dodge of bear. It will doge one or two skills at max, if you are not debuffed.
    3. Bear
    Bear has low health and will start using slashes. By this time beckon would have restored and bear would try combo again
    3. Bird
    Bird roots the bear, constantly moving back, uses bird combo. Bear is almost dead by now. Avian would have restored by now.
    4. Bear
    Bear tries to pull bird, or stomps to get out of root. Lets say the bird does not dodge.
    4. Bird
    If bear stomps, bird uses thorn wall, blinding, break, combo, BEAR DEAD. If bear successfully pulls bird, bird uses avian, repulse, break, bird combo, BEAR DEAD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

It isn't that simple..repluse could miss. Blind could miss(R.I.P). Roots dont hit.

Or bear dodges a ton and we dont.

Sometimes we dont hit anything and bear beckon stomps. Or even now a bear can just beckon slash. Not to mention a auto that hits more than 300..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Not always the best idea to to repulse first I use blind first and repulse if the bear is in slash range

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Why this this thread don't even have 1% credibility?

Because -
    1> It has been said by someone who think there is no unbalanced level at the same time he didn't even played the most popular PvP level.

2> Bear is not the only class wearing strength set. a fox can reck u within fraction of second, rhino is fattier than bear and a pally need 2hit to chew ur 95% HP, all with strength set.

3> An int mage do more complain against str specially bear ...(actually should)

4> Dodging 8-9 hits among 10, is itself way far from so called balanced pvp.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-09-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

At level 50 there are shotgun bears. No need to use skills, just use the shotgun it does 200dmg each hit from 14m. All those bears need to do is invest in all defence buffs, rest to beckon stomp and debuffs. Same goes for 51 bears.

At level 77 there ar enough skillpoints to get all buffs, all debuffs and slashes too.
    A bear with 2H sword and 9 beckon stomp can kill anything in a second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    Why this this thread don't even have 1% credibility?

Because -
    1> It has been said by someone who think there is no unbalanced level at the same time he didn't even played the most popular PvP level.

2> Bear is not the only class wearing strength set. a fox can reck u within fraction of second, rhino is fattier than bear and a pally need 2hit to chew ur 95% HP, all with strength set.

3> An int mage do more complain against str specially bear ...(actually should)

4> Dodging 8-9 hits among 10, is itself way far from so called balanced pvp.
    Lol thank you for that information, but ur perceiving it as a guide, whereas I am asking a question and that is my understanding of bird vs bear atm. I do have to disagree with you on your third point because Int mages can beat str bears, whereas for birds it is relatively difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    At level 50 there are shotgun bears. No need to use skills, just use the shotgun it does 200dmg each hit from 14m. All those bears need to do is invest in all defence buffs, rest to beckon stomp and debuffs. Same goes for 51 bears.

At level 77 there ar enough skillpoints to get all buffs, all debuffs and slashes too.
    Finally, some one who understands whats wromg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    I dont think there is any unbalance in PvP. In fact, the only class I've felt uncomfortable playing are STR Bear and Pally Mage (to some extent). Above level 50, birds have a fair chance of winning. Its all about knowing what ur opponent is going to do, and quick reactions. This is my opinion, I haven't reached level 75/76/77 yet so correct me if I'm wrong.

Gear:
    Always wear bow set not talon.

Stats:
    Full dex

For example:
    1. Bear
    First thing bear is gonna do is beckon / HS
    1. Bird
    First thing bird is gonna do is Repulse, to make the bear miss, in addition to causing 100 to 150 damage.
    2. Bear
    Now that the bear has missed its beckon, its gonna stomp and start its slashes. Stomp is going to stun the bird and in the mean time, the bear can use its slashes.
    2. Bird
    Bird knows its going to stomp, it uses Blinding shot / Thorn wall followed by Break armour (always keep a distance). Totally if none are dodged, It will cause about 250 - 300 damage. Bird will let bear stomp, take some damage, and use avian (4 or 5 avian, have to get it confirmed) to get free of bears stun. By now the bear has taken significant damage and has not regenerated enough during the time the bird was stunned because bird used avian. Also a full dex bird has so much hit that it can overcome dodge of bear. It will doge one or two skills at max, if you are not debuffed.
    3. Bear
    Bear has low health and will start using slashes. By this time beckon would have restored and bear would try combo again
    3. Bird
    Bird roots the bear, constantly moving back, uses bird combo. Bear is almost dead by now. Avian would have restored by now.
    4. Bear
    Bear tries to pull bird, or stomps to get out of root. Lets say the bird does not dodge.
    4. Bird
    If bear stomps, bird uses thorn wall, blinding, break, combo, BEAR DEAD. If bear successfully pulls bird, bird uses avian, repulse, break, bird combo, BEAR DEAD.
    Definately not that simple imo, bird is weak every lvl above 56 except 71 and 76. The reason i said 56 is because 51 birds can do sum work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post

Numerous things wrong with this:

A bear with 2h and 9 beckon stomp will not kill anything in a second because your missing to many luck factors. Dodge can easily make beckon stomp not work, 9 beckon is the worst build as it only adds about 30 damage lol.

Shotgun does not do 200 Damage lmao, its used for kiting, not the damage output. Thats why most 50 bears use hate hax set. And obviously your going to put skills into buffs, just like any other class duh.

Some levels do require skills for bear. 50, 55, 61, thats pretty much it. All the others are a plain beckon stomp like 51. 51 bear with STR takes skill, not the bow version though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Str is overpowered as we all know, the reason people complain for the most part is the dodge. The dodge plays a big roll, if a bird or mage nukes/combos and the Str player dodges 2 maybe 3 skills you're dead because with Str your still for some reason hitting 200-400 crits. If they lowered the damage and reduced the dodge slightly there wouldn't be to much complaining. Or an alternative fix would be make the game class specific.
    Last edited by FFA; 11-09-2014 at 01:37 PM.

"Never mess with a man that can end you, from a different zip code."-Sniper

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Definately not that simple imo, bird is weak every lvl above 56 except 71 and 76. The reason i said 56 is because 51 birds can do sum work.
    I love some people on the forums, and you're one of them. <3

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

It was actually painful to click on this thread.

Two words for anyone that thinks they can beat bear 75% of the time. WITHOUT 3PC RING.

Teach Me.

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Str bear* might I add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Lol thank you for that information, but ur perceiving it as a guide, whereas I am asking a question and that is my understanding of bird vs bear atm. I do have to disagree with you on your third point because Int mages can beat str bears, whereas for birds it is relatively difficult.
    nope birds skills r more capable taking down a bear than a mage,
    however u think it - high dodge debuffs, hit% debuff, beak armor, all the things that r main strength of bear

but ofc ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

50-56 is a bit balanced for a bird, above or under it is really unbalanced for them, at endgame a 3pc bird pure dex can die easily vs a no ring bear/pally with savage, now with lustrous is almost the same but sts added auto debuffs to dex set (bow takes off armor with every auto and dagger does some kind of nightmare (mage skill)) but yet that doesnt fix the op dodge and armor that str set has.
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Thanks guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurikaz View Post
    L18 Birds are pretty good
    Lol i don't know, i just did 15 and skipped to 35+
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Booked View Post
    Lol i don't know, i just did 15 and skipped to 35+
    Bird twinks is for nabs ;/ (19-) ofc .-.

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurikaz View Post
    L18 Birds are pretty good
    They suck now, no fb + skill nerf= easy kills for other characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    Numerous things wrong with this:

A bear with 2h and 9 beckon stomp will not kill anything in a second because your missing to many luck factors. Dodge can easily make beckon stomp not work, 9 beckon is the worst build as it only adds about 30 damage lol.

Shotgun does not do 200 Damage lmao, its used for kiting, not the damage output. Thats why most 50 bears use hate hax set. And obviously your going to put skills into buffs, just like any other class duh.

Some levels do require skills for bear. 50, 55, 61, thats pretty much it. All the others are a plain beckon stomp like 51. 51 bear with STR takes skill, not the bow version though.
    Try using 2H sword against a mage in endgame. Stomp her to wall with 9 combo and she already lost 800 mana/hp and she cant hit you (dodge all) Throw out slashes and crit all with total of 2500 damage if the mage is not dead, she is a hacker.
    Scythe bear does almost same insane damage but is also unkillable and no need to rely on dodges like a bird.