Thread: Just a theory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Just a theory

Well actually it's more of a hunch (don't have enough proof to call it a theory) but is there a point where locks stop dropping because you've already gotten a bunch? I would hunt locks a lot more often if it weren't for them suddenly not dropping at all after awhile. Same goes with eggs and elite golden pirate chests so each day I have to decide what I want to use my literal luck on because if I get too lucky all I get is white and green re-rolls... I still re-roll just don't get anything of value
    (This is an old picture btw)
    Last edited by CheifR; 11-10-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How did u drop two at a time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cool1t View Post
    How did u drop two at a time
    Jarl dropped one (or however you spell it) and a goblin dropped one
    Using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I've wondered myself if there is a finite amount of any given item in the drop tables at any given time or if it's totally random.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post

Well actually it's more of a hunch (don't have enough proof to call it a theory) but is there a point where locks stop dropping because you've already gotten a bunch? I would hunt locks a lot more often if it weren't for them suddenly not dropping at all after awhile. Same goes with eggs and elite golden pirate chests so each day I have to decide what I want to use my literal luck on because if I get too lucky all I get is white and green re-rolls... I still re-roll just don't get anything of value
    (This is an old picture btw)
    my friend arcanemagesss gets reroll 24x7 but no locks all trash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iahwahska View Post
    I've wondered myself if there is a finite amount of any given item in the drop tables at any given time or if it's totally random.
    I've had this problem ever since I first started farming locks. Hopefully sts comments with an answer
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Ive had back to back to back locked and ive had no locked for 15min with the same % luck. Im pretty sure that it's random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    Ive had back to back to back locked and ive had no locked for 15min with the same % luck. Im pretty sure that it's random
    That part you just mentioned about back to back drops to 15mins and Nada is EXACTLY what I mean! I wish there were a way to determine when and why these drops are at one point removed from the drop table. What determines your luck?
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Well... in breckingridge or whatever, jarl probably has a decent chance at dropping a common or rare which if u get a reroll will reroll up a rarity which rare goes to epic and common goes to rare which doesnt mean locked. Jarl has a smaller chance at dropping an epic probably which then if u get that 15-25-40% reroll then the epic item goes up into a locked. Number random generators will determine whether you get the
    locked but you have to get jarl to drop an epic before you reroll a locked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Well... in breckingridge or whatever, jarl probably has a decent chance at dropping a common or rare which if u get a reroll will reroll up a rarity which rare goes to epic and common goes to rare which doesnt mean locked. Jarl has a smaller chance at dropping an epic probably which then if u get that 15-25-40% reroll then the epic item goes up into a locked. Number random generators will determine whether you get the
    locked but you have to get jarl to drop an epic before you reroll a locked
    But I have the same luck with farming other drops as well. If it gets to that point to jarl will start to drop little to no more locks after awhile would I still need to get that epic drop to ensure better drops when elite farming as well? If I farm elite FIRST I have slightly better luck but less if I were to farm locks first.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If I were a programmer, even thinking about making a timer formula about drops is pretty ridiculous. It's superstition and random numbers since not everyone in the pt of 4 will reroll into locked and legendaries at the same time. Does everyone in breckenridge get locked in the same run, no, sometimes one will reroll into locked, sometimes two, or three. If it was a timer, everyone in the same map, your friends, everyone in AL, would reroll locks and legendaries at the same time ^_^. That doesnt happen enough to make the timer case be true. If it was individual based, why would sts program each new account have a set timer locked and legendary drops. It would fill up pointless space and code. Same thing for locked crates. I dont think sts would program you to loot mythic or arcane at one point everyday because then people would open locked that time everyday or every interval and people would get rich. No it's random
    Last edited by Dogoeswoof; 11-10-2014 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

If I were a programmer, even thinking about making a timer formula about drops is pretty ridiculous. It's superstition and random numbers since not everyone in the pt of 4 will reroll into locked and legendaries at the same time. Does everyone in breckenridge get locked in the same run, no, sometimes one will reroll into locked, sometimes two, or three. If it was a timer, everyone in the same map, your friends, everyone in AL, would reroll locks and legendaries at the same time ^_^. That doesnt happen enough to make the timer case be true. If it was individual based, why would sts program each new account have a set timer locked and legendary drops. It would fill up pointless space and code. Same thing for locked crates. I dont think sts would program you to loot mythic or arcane at one point everyday because then people would open locked that time everyday or every interval and people would get rich. No it's random
    I don't really mean timer base but to the point where the game just says "He's had enough" I can't think of any other way to describe that without making it sound like a superstitious idiotic observation lol
    Using Tapatalk