Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arcane Pets. Your thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    If the older arcane pets were buffed to be on par with the current ones, there would be much less incentive for anyone who owned an older season's arcane to try to get the newest ones. There would be revenue losses since less people would open locked crates. Sure, that might not be always correct for the uber-rich but it is true for every other arcane pet owner. It's like asking for maul or hooks to be buffed in order to stay competitive with L41 weapons.

Not actually buff the arcane pets just like that. A quest to have them old arcane pet to boost some stats. Of course, who would like to get these old arcane pets buff without any efforts eh? :P something to do with pve. Not just make new pets everytime they like. How many pets you have in stable? you also did the AP im sure. And its just wow that you just use 1-3 out of them pets :3
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=104188&dateline=14070  59351

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

All arcane pets are gold sinkers never getting one because they come with new ones every season you just threw 30m out the window -.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiph View Post
    All arcane pets are gold sinkers never getting one because they come with new ones every season you just threw 30m out the window -.

Thats how it is. We have to go in the flow.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=104188&dateline=14070  59351

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

And it's fun to have a limited item. Weather it's good or not, or even if it were a VANITY pet, i would love whim bro's because they're adorable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Just a FYI, INT also gives crit bonus. So basically with whim only warriors don't get crit(which they don't need). So the buffing need for lack of crit is pointless.
    Secondly, as madnex already pointed out that if pets are buffed no one would bother opening a second locked for those pets.
    We could always buff a pet through quest but that would require an arcane component(aka nekro) and lets face it, that would make it a nrw pet and not just a buffed version.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Just a FYI, INT also gives crit bonus. So basically with whim only warriors don't get crit(which they don't need). So the buffing need for lack of crit is pointless.
    Secondly, as madnex already pointed out that if pets are buffed no one would bother opening a second locked for those pets.
    We could always buff a pet through quest but that would require an arcane component(aka nekro) and lets face it, that would make it a nrw pet and not just a buffed version.

Thats why i like the idea before about nekro. Needs the Singe pet to make a Nekro. (Anyway, its a useless pet) lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I do understand your point. I have myself bought a Glacian recently because I thought it'd be one hell of a good pet. It's not that good, my Blinky is better. Though, i'm not sad about my purchase as I got the Arcane achievement and still, Glacian remains a very, very rare pet - I feel good having that cheeky ice cube without seeing it on another player everyday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
    I do understand your point. I have myself bought a Glacian recently because I thought it'd be one hell of a good pet. It's not that good, my Blinky is better. Though, i'm not sad about my purchase as I got the Arcane achievement and still, Glacian remains a very, very rare pet - I feel good having that cheeky ice cube without seeing it on another player everyday.

At the end of the day, we can only say "ITS CUTE" :3 hehehe! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beatrix View Post
    At the end of the day, we can only say "ITS CUTE" :3 hehehe! :P
    I know right. Dem lil' cutie ice cubeh's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
    I know right. Dem lil' cutie ice cubeh's.

Atleast its cuter than dovabear!!! :P hahahahaha! :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Whim should be useful in the Planar tombs
    From what I'm hearing, I doubt it. Apparently those mobs/bosses have ridiculous hp and much crit is needed for optimal dmg output.. not whims.. better off using sam or lurk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

The sad truth is that hammerjaw and glacian already got buffed a long time ago when Sam came out.

I remember how cool hammerjaw was when he first came out. Nevertheless, at first he was still only worth about today's price as you could originally not get the arcane achievement when you opened the egg. When they made it so you could get the achievement for opening the egg his price shot up. I think I payed about 15m for him back in the day... Imagine what a worthless egg he would be now if you did not get the arcane achievement for opening. Sad really. Even old arcane weapons like the daggers have a use in twink pvp, although hammerjaw is now pretty worthless as a pet.

I am all for buffing. You can argue that everyone knows what they are getting when they buy and open, but the same could be said for Singe before they buffed him. Singe owners just complained more, although it was still their own fault for buying and opening him (except for the first few in the game who paid obscene amounts of gold for him before we knew he was a bad pet). Also, in terms of the argument against buffing as new arcane pets should be better... it would be one thing if HJ and Glacian were no longer dropping from crates, but they are and we need incentives for people to open crates. As long as people get worthless arcanes and mythics from crates there will be a relatively low incentive for people to spend plat to open them.... So either buff or remove from crates...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I think there are way too many arcane pets for this cap already... Might as well buff Whims. It's the only arcane pet that doesn't give crit, it has horrible stats... Like cmon, 10% dodge? Rly?
    True but they're also are or were the ONLY arcane that also gave free speed!!! The speed is one of the best things about whims minus the pull!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    From what I'm hearing, I doubt it. Apparently those mobs/bosses have ridiculous hp and much crit is needed for optimal dmg output.. not whims.. better off using sam or lurk
    Or new nicer and more shiney Singy!!!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Maybe add some pet's "evolution" system. Kinda pokemon's One. When you got some primary stats and some damage, crit or dps learned by the pet throughout some quests.
    Sorta like a pet special training
    Is it dumb? @.@
    VALAR MORGHULIS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Int gives crit?? In which game??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Int doesn't give crit.

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    True but they're also are or were the ONLY arcane that also gave free speed!!! The speed is one of the best things about whims minus the pull!
    -.-

I use gale. Gale give me 25% GG