Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: You want to know why economy has crashed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Someone is or are in need of more sleep than gametime. :Banana:
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magegrimm View Post
    Please sts FIX THE GAME I don't have much dc problems as other players do but I dc every now and then...
    I'm not totally sure if the game is "completely" broken
    if the game was totally broken...AL players would have retired...and we still in the forums alone cannot fix this...everyone has to contribute...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Are you android? I seem to be one of the few without issues, and am on ipad mini...
    I'm iPad mini as well, same problems ;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I'm typically on PCs.....

DC from office PC. DC from home PC. DC from android phone. DC from android tablet.

This week, I may have completed a dozen (possibly two dozen at most) elite runs. I usually get in two dozen or more elite runs a day. This is so frusturating because these DCs are wasting time, pots, gold, elixirs, ankh and plat. It is affecting real world money and is putting strain on friendships and guild operations. At this point, we cannot recruit players because we can not take them into elites for test runs.

What's more frustrating is the countless threads and limited (if any) response from STS. This is a real issue, it is affecting thousands of players worldwide - not everyone's ISP can be lagging out at the same time all across the world.

If everyone is saying the test server is unplayable due to DCs, and everyone is saying that the live server is unplayabe due to DCs....well, it would be reasonable to think the issue resides in the server, not with the tens of thousands of players spread across the world.

At this point, if STS hasn't put trace logs into the server to figure out what is going on so it can be corrected, and continues the wall of silence and misdirection with regards to the numerous reports, then this is not the company I used to know and love and it is time for me to find a different, more supportive game.

I will give it a bit more time, but my patience has run out. Unless things turn completely around, I might very well hang it up when my plat runs out, because every time I'm running and burning up elixirs or revives only to be DC.....that is money and time better spent doing more productive things....like watching paint dry or grass grow.

I will refrain from describing my other issues with the game, since it, like all other issues, will go unnoticed and unacknowledged. These are tough times to be an old vet that remembers the way things used to be...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    At this point, if STS hasn't put trace logs into the server to figure out what is going on so it can be corrected, and continues the wall of silence and misdirection with regards to the numerous reports, then this is not the company I used to know and love and it is time for me to find a different, more supportive game.
    IKR

It's the finger pointing back to the community that it's issues on our end that's rediculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Exclamation THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I'm typically on PCs.....

DC from office PC. DC from home PC. DC from android phone. DC from android tablet.

This week, I may have completed a dozen (possibly two dozen at most) elite runs. I usually get in two dozen or more elite runs a day. This is so frusturating because these DCs are wasting time, pots, gold, elixirs, ankh and plat. It is affecting real world money and is putting strain on friendships and guild operations. At this point, we cannot recruit players because we can not take them into elites for test runs.

What's more frustrating is the countless threads and limited (if any) response from STS. This is a real issue, it is affecting thousands of players worldwide - not everyone's ISP can be lagging out at the same time all across the world.

If everyone is saying the test server is unplayable due to DCs, and everyone is saying that the live server is unplayabe due to DCs....well, it would be reasonable to think the issue resides in the server, not with the tens of thousands of players spread across the world.

I will give it a bit more time, but my patience has run out. Unless things turn completely around, I might very well hang it up when my plat runs out, because every time I'm running and burning up elixirs or revives only to be DC.....that is money and time better spent doing more productive things....like watching paint dry or grass grow.

I will refrain from describing my other issues with the game, since it, like all other issues, will go unnoticed and unacknowledged. These are tough times to be an old vet that remembers the way things used to be...
    ^^^^ THIS!!! And without the only gold source in the game which comes from everyone running maps you can see really quickly how fast the entire system can crumble (this is what's wrong with the economy)... I like Kalizza love this game when it works. It gotten so bad like he said that we can't even recruit because when we try to run recruits in an elite map we can't even complete ONE! It's really hard not to just be sad because we have all invested a lot of time and money and want to see Arlor thrive!

Also like Kalizza I know it's not my connection period... I have a rock solid 50M pipe with very low latency. Heh Zeus is on a Gigabit connection directly to the internet at school and even he's DC'in... that should tell you something. They don't call it client/server for no reason... either side can be the source of the problem.
    Last edited by notfaded1; 11-13-2014 at 10:03 AM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to notfaded1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I agree, everytime I run with my friends my ping spikes dramatically.
    Make me just want to shut game off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    ^^^^ THIS!!! And without the only gold source in the game which comes from everyone running maps you can see really quickly how fast the entire system can crumble (this is what's wrong with the economy)... I like Kalizza love this game when it works. It gotten so bad like he said that we can't even recruit because when we try to run recruits in an elite map we can't even complete ONE! It's really hard not to just be sad because we have all invested a lot of time and money and want to see Arlor thrive!

Also like Kalizza I know it's not my connection period... I have a rock solid 50M pipe with very low latency. Heh Zeus is on a Gigabit connection directly to the internet at school and even he's DC'in... that should tell you something. They don't call it client/server for no reason... either side can be the source of the problem.
    Yep, I've tested from both my home connection and my college connection. They are both very very fast, very high bandwidth services and extremely stable because they're also used for more important tasks than playing AL. I disconnect from all of them...any time there is a big pull or running 4 or more party members (if a dev is in the instance).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    We can't farm. You can't run an elite map w/o disconnect.
    Even if you don't dc you reroll and get a 100k item. WOOOOT!

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys!

I have cleaned up this thread a bit - let's make sure to keep it friendly, constructive, and forum appropriate.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpluvial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I disconected during Halloween event LOTS OF TIMES!! and dc'ed like 10 times at Paracelsus FIX IT PLEASE!!
    Last edited by Mortalninja; 11-13-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post

hmmm...if i only knew the problems aren't from the internet connections...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The economy is fine as it is. Those prices on cs are what they should be .what you want is to make the 130m you lost on all those arcane rings from plat farmers back then.it has pass almost 1 year and arcane ring still supposedly over price as hell. so your desperate to make gold and that's not happening any time soon. Because everyone is saving for a arcane ring to supposedly be more competitive in pvp till sts comes with a new mytick ring every one is gonna stop feeling like they must get a arcane ring and that's not happening any time soon either .NERF ARCANE RING take out the +30 primary Stats it gives. problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

i agree game is dying. actually the game used to work pretty good with a balance between farming users and platinum users when maybe 60-70 percent user farmed and rest 30 percent open locks and used plats. many merched that time too but actually farming was very good at that time. which time? i am talking about 3-4 season back at nordr and 31 being cap. at that time many players farmed and farmable items were good too, but now sts has made the game more towards platinum and premium stuff focused and less farmable which makes most of people either open locks to be rich or just pure merch and farming is not even able to make peoples daily gold needs as a result much more people have shifted to merch, and due to lack of farming no new items come in market to merch.

just try to compare what we had at nordr cap and how we used to play then to the gameplay of now.

we had so many things to farm at that time like malison egg, vixen egg and elite bosses like bael 2 and krunch 2. thse are just extinct now. people even used to farm small eggs like loki and kettle because they were good and valuable. i agree they lost their value as new content come but the problem is that the new content which came was more of platinum focused and less farmable.
    we only have archon rings to farm now. i appreciate the introduction of new elite tombs which has much to farm but still we r dcing which makes it of no use and we still need more farming stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

my guild is elite runners, and our guild supposedly to have elites everywhere... but what i saw today, is that people are just standing up in the city and wait for the fix, we can't even finish the 1st pull without getting dced. We even experience that all of dced at the same time. Pls fix this sts, many ppl are quitting this game already because of this lag issues. We even have a joek to rename the guild to 'elite disconnecter'... fix this sts, i quit this game in the middle of halloween event and i log on today, expecting that the game stability improve but what i saw is really DISAPPOINTING.
    After 3 years of playing AL I'm still a beggar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Didnt u read what samhayene wrote?

Its the dam cats that are killing the game....steping on ppl tablets and routers....i say call animal control fast!

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

We're working on improving game stability as I type. It's all hands on deck over here to get it resolved ASAP. Samhayne will be making an announcement about it shortly. Thank you for baring with us while we work on these nasty little kinks.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    We're working on improving game stability as I type. It's all hands on deck over here to get it resolved ASAP. Samhayne will be making an announcement about it shortly. Thank you for baring with us while we work on these nasty little kinks.
    ya knw what...i feel a DC virus has taken birth...i get DC at the same spot...every 5 mins...in tindirin i barely last for 10 seconds...and in guild hall im lag proof....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I rarely ever farmed but i still feel bugged with this. I am a merchant. I sell things i got from events when it gets expensive. But soon i realized that ppl r gettin poor without elite farmers. Prices r high but low demand. Elite farmers r very important coz they buy stuff from each other and buy things they cant get from us. With them getting poor nobody buys stuff in auc and everyone finally gets poor. Except the lockers and plat farmers of course lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I rarely ever farmed but i still feel bugged with this. I am a merchant. I sell things i got from events when it gets expensive. But soon i realized that ppl r gettin poor without elite farmers. Prices r high but low demand. Elite farmers r very important coz they buy stuff from each other and buy things they cant get from us. With them getting poor nobody buys stuff in auc and everyone finally gets poor. Except the lockers and plat farmers of course lol

The other thing that caused ppl to b poor is inflation of elite items bcoz demand stays the same and supply goes down. So the money from the elite stuff sales goes to the farmers and stops there bcoz they cant farm anymore.
    Last edited by xutreuqux; 11-20-2014 at 07:02 PM.