Thread: AT&T download solution for those like me where it did not want to download!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default AT&T download solution for those like me where it did not want to download!

- Make sure there is enough space on your phone to download the app.
    - Reboot your phone.
    - Make sure your Internet connectivity is good and your phone is connected to the network.
    - Try logging in to Google Talk and then attempt to download your apps.
    - Clear the data and cache from the Market app.
    - If you recently received a market client update, please try to uninstall the app by following the steps below.(This is what did it for me!)

* Android 1.6 users:

1) Go to 'Home' > 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'Applications' > 'Manage applications'
    2) Press 'Menu', then touch 'Filter' > 'All'
    3) Scroll down and select the 'Market' app
    4) Touch 'Uninstall updates'

* Android 2.2 users:

1) Go to 'Home' > 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'Applications' > 'Manage applications'
    2) Press 'All'
    3) Scroll down and select the 'Market' app
    4) Touch 'Uninstall updates'
    The Market application will revert to the original version, and you should now be able download apps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Using Samsung Captivate and this solution still doesn't work for me..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't work for me either?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also tried to direct download to Samsung Captivate. Can't install software not downloaded directly from the Android Market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Also tried to direct download to Samsung Captivate. Can't install software not downloaded directly from the Android Market.
    Most android phones have a setting that lets you install non-Market apps. Settings->Application Settings->Check Unknown Sources does it on mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This solution did not work for me either, sadly. When I removed the updates of the market app, it converted back to the old one and I had to factory reset to get the latest update to the android market app back on my samsung captivate.

Sigh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boten Anna View Post
    Most android phones have a setting that lets you install non-Market apps. Settings->Application Settings->Check Unknown Sources does it on mine.
    Does'nt do anything. And I've tried it all. Each time the app starts for a second and then stops. Samsung Galaxy.

To be honest until an official "fix" for this comes out, I'm not doing anything else. "We" the community should not be the ones having to try and fix an obvious error that has come from Sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sideloaded my AT&T Samsung captivate / galaxy s and pocket legends was successfully installed. However the process it took to get it to work was almost impossible for me since I am not that good at technical stuff.

I do not look forward to doing this process again, so hopefully whatever is responsible for these problems will be fixed before the next update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an AT&T Samsung Captivate and my Android Market would not allow me to update. I tried uninstalling Pocket Legends to see if I could just reinstall with the update. Of course this didn't work... just my luck. Anyways, after communicating with the support team they had sent me a link for the Pocket Legends APK file. I downloaded the file and a message popped up on my phone saying AT&T doesn't allow APK files that are not 'authorized' directly through them. I did some research and found that there is a way around this block that AT&T puts on all their phones. It involves several 'unsecured' steps that have worked for me with no problems, errors or issues at all.

‎1.) First you must download the correct mobile device driver for your computer. You can find this directly on the Samsung website. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...SGH-I897ZKAATT This allows you to connect your phone to your computer using USB. Once this is complete, plug your phone into the USB slot AND make sure you turn ON Debugging when connected.

2.) You need to download the Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine 1.0 onto your computer. UNZIP the file and save it all in one single folder. You can find this link here... http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...e-windows.html There is a video that shows you how to operate the program. (Very Simple!)

3.) Once you've followed those steps you need to download the Pocket Legends APK file. You can find this link here... http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-market-access. Thank you Devs!

4.) Finally, as the video shows, all you need to do is run the program.... choose an APK file, and click GO. This will automatically download to your mobile device. Unplug the device once finished and you are ready to use the app just as you would from downloading from the market place
    If you follow these simple steps and the video attached in the link you will have no problem updating to 1.7.
    This will also give you the opportunity to download apps not offered on the Android Market (all you need is the APK file). I would highly advise everyone to download safe APK files which you should be able to get from the Devs or Support Team. Don't always trust what you read on a random forum. I also will state that downloading APK files to your AT&T device breaches the agreement and does not make them responsible for any problems that arise thereafter.

If you have any questions, just ask.

I, nor Space Time Studios or AT&T are not responsible for any problems!! I'm sure many people already know about this, but I figured I would help the others. ENJOY 1.7!!!!
    -Dan
    Last edited by dsbow77; 02-09-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IF YOU HAVE A CAPTAVATE. DO THIS.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-1.7-Look-Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What Dsbow said worked for me. I even ran the SWM 1.1 beta. I did use the xp usb connector version for windows seven at the samsung websight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi All

The problem is due to the file size of version 1.7. A few phone manufacturers(samsung for one) have only given /cache 30mb of space. Anything downloaded from the market will be stored there temporarily until gets installed. As the new package is larger than the cache, the market fails to download it.

Two solutions..
    Sideload install (download the apk directly from spacetimestudios) bypassing the market or spacetimes studio needs to reduce the size of the apk to be below 30mb.

Hope the above explains the cause of the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hollen View Post
    If you have the Captivate, then you have AT&T. AT&T does not support/allow downloading of APK files onto their devices. They block the use of any APK file on the Captivate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsbow77 View Post
    If you have the Captivate, then you have AT&T. AT&T does not support/allow downloading of APK files onto their devices. They block the use of any APK file on the Captivate.
    I have the captivate and I did this.