Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Disconnects, Planar Tombs, Re-Patching and other things

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default On Disconnects, Planar Tombs, Re-Patching and other things

Hey everyone,

I just want to weigh in on a few things that are on my mind.

Stability and game disconnects.
    This has been very frustrating for us, since we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. When we play, things are ok. In aggregate, disconnects are not up over previous periods. We have been working to collect data from players to narrow down common data, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. If you haven't already, please tell us about your experience in the Tech Forums at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ects-Look-Here!.

We are committed to getting to the root of the issue and solving it. We have some server and client reporting systems in work to help us narrow down to the root cause. We really appreciate your assistance and patience with the process to fix what I can well understand to be an annoying problem.

Planar Tombs
    The Planar Tombs is designed to be difficult. If you want to smash and grab everything it has to offer in a night, well, it's not set up for that. It is elite end game content designed to fill the gap of something to farm and work on over the long haul. We are looking at feedback and early play for additional refinements and I encourage you to post your thoughts after playing. Thanks!

Android Re-Patching
    We have a new Android version of Arcane Legends in testing now to go out live as soon as possible (likely tomorrow) to correct the re-downloading of patch files. If you are experiencing this problem on your Android device, you can work around it by installing the game and data on your device's local memory and not the SD card as this support article details: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...atching-issues

Winter Public Test
    The Winter Event is coming together nicely and we are currently on track to do a round of Public Testing in early December before it goes live. We're looking forward to incorporating your feedback into that content to make it the best it can be. To whet your appetite, here's a quick pic (still work in progress) from the coming Winter Event:

Name:  snakes.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  51.0 KB

Thanks, as always, for being part of Arcane Legends and the Spacetime Community of Gamers.

-Alex "Samhayne" Leary
    Arcane Legends Producer
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Noice
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Im not lookin for it tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

M really upset and i think many will leave dis game behind because of its bugs n dc's we r really pleased to do something about dc's as its wasting our money, elixirs, energy points in events etc...
    Kindly look forward so that all loves it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

"We're looking forward to incorporating your feedback into that content to make it the best it can be." Can you elaborate on what this means? It seems that there are a lot of complaints. It doesn't seem that STS is incorporating feedback. If you guys are, can you tell us how? We all know elite tombs should be difficult but they need to be possible. Has anyone at STS been able to beat these tombs with say only 2000 plat like what was given on the test server for planar? Buying thousands of platinum seems like it should make the process easier, not a requisite. Trying to keep it constructive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Regarding the planar tombs.. as you can see from the other posts nobody wants what your selling in the planar tombs.. make drops even more rare, increase the amount of crystals needed as crafting ccomponents, incorporate more mobs, add a run limit per hour/day... do something! The people who support tour gane and essentially pay your wages do not want or enjoy being one hit by bosses. The casual player has absolutely no chance here, the top players are spending 150-300 ankhs per run. Please listen to the player base and make a fast change before its too late. Hell, remove the tombs and bring them back in a week as an ENJOYABLE area to play for all geared players. Difficulty overload is not interesting, fun or enjoyable in any way shape or form. Is the winter event pic supposed to stop Zeus, Kalizza and tru...heiress from quitting? Just listen to the people please.
    P.s who is Alex Leary and what did you do with the real Samhayne?
    Last edited by Idly; 11-13-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

not "Thanked"
    Last edited by Samaeldavisjr; 11-13-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Hello Alex ..

On example reply form, i think you should add if user device has been root or jailbreak?

It could be one of the problems

I am having repatching problems since nativex back update,

But since upgrading to latest client the problems seems fixed to me, until now

I dont have dc issues, i can run elite malison trio, im using 3G connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

"In Aggregate, disconnects are not up over previous periods" ????

Lolwut

However you are measuring that statistic, it cannot possibly be accurate. I've never seen so many in game disconnects in over a year now.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Im not too sure what the point of the test server was since new content once again is riddled with bugs..........

I personally cannot comment on current difficulty because i always get dc......but from what i read from other players....the bosses are Way too hard.

PLAYABLE content is what the community wants, dcs and insane difficulty level makes this new content unplayable please adjust accordingly.

My opinion is winter event on the back burner.......Making the current client/content actually playable should be priority #1

I think essences/ teeth should have a guaranteed drop....1 per run, if the total number of teeth/essences were to be upped id be ok with that
    this luck thing is getting old i would rather be guaranteed 1 drop per run and have to collect more than, running multiple runs and hoping to get lucky and get 1 drop.

Thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 11-13-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

As in most games of an MMO nature, there is some content that is designed for more hardcore, end game players and other content that is a bit more easily digestible by everyone. This is stab at more hardcore and intense content.

We are reading the initial responses and feedback regarding Tombs content, however they are not the entire picture. We're going to go over the accumulated feedback in addition to in game metrics to discuss any potential changes to the content. We are refraining from any knee-jerk reactions based on initial forum feedback until we get a bit more information and additional feedback.

Players are forming strategies, and experimenting with different pet setups to take on the content, so we're excited to see what develops over the next few days!

Thanks for your patience everyone,
    Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Does accumulated feedback mean more neg reviews or are there people that are enjoying this? I'll play without ankhs until update. Unless that pendant is twice as good as arcane ring, I don't think it's worth my sanity...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Buying plat should be optional, when a player decides to actually buy some this should make his gameplay a better experience. From the planar tombs way back to the planar arena spending plat has become a obligation if you want a minimal playable game experience. If we have to play contents this frustrating i suggest to put back the mythics and arcanes in the apposite locked grand crates of the watch instead of feeding us this fake free to get fossils and mythic amulets. At least when everything was locked based farming and running elites was still a acceptable challenge covered with fun and a less plat sucker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Samhayne and Carapace,i would love to see you both finishing all tombs (like a normal player) ! Then im sure we will stop complaining,because if the devs can,we can too.

Thanks

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sakurahb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    As in most games of an MMO nature, there is some content that is designed for more hardcore, end game players and other content that is a bit more easily digestible by everyone. This is stab at more hardcore and intense content.
    Does your definition of hardcore players include ability to deal out a lot of money to buy ankhs? Is there no room in this tomb for decently geared legendary players with enough experience to strategize? Is it wise to exclude the majority of end game players from this tomb and the mythic pendant quest? As it is the way I see it most players, and I'm talking about those without arcane rings, arcane pets, mythic weapons (although it seems to me even the players with these items are struggling in the new tomb) will see the tomb as an ankh sink, eating up all the hard earned gold they made, leaving them to the vicious cycle of farm-buy ankhs-spend in tomb-get broke-farm again... And for what? There isn't any immediately profitable item to strive for. At least elite zones drop something of immediate value. Exactly how is this kind of experience rewarding?

But again, my main issue is the way this tomb further divides the player base between the top tier geared and the majority legendary players, between those prepared to pay for those revives and those who would be lucky if they can have enough pots to run an elite map. If even Kalizzaa and Zeus are considering quitting the game over this new content, how would you think the majority of players feel about this? I should think that any new addition to the game should provide new experience and opportunity for players to learn and better themselves. Not exclude them and make them feel inadequate.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 11-13-2014 at 08:40 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Yay test server for the winter event!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Push super excited for the winter thing! But can you please just like...submit it to apple now? ._. I wanna play so badly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahb View Post
    Samhayne and Carapace,i would love to see you both finishing all tombs (like a normal player) ! Then im sure we will stop complaining,because if the devs can,we can too.

Thanks
    Yes. Preferably in legendary to mythic gear. With plat bought with their own irl money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

It's just so frustrating because I want to play I really do. I like you guys and the game and my guild, I *want* to spend money on it. Your legends have been my home for several years now.

But the DC are so bad... it doesn't add up to me that you guys can't reproduce this. Every single person in my guild, every single person in my party is experiencing the same thing. How is it even possible for you guys to not see this? I mean, across platforms, connections, zones... we all DC.

Where are you guys anyways? Man there used to be devs in the game ALL the time when you launched new zones. You guys need to get back to the hands-on gaming company you used to be and see what the heck is going on. We are struggling big time to have fun here.

And yes, the tombs are too hard. I get making money off us buying elixir and rev and such, but you guys took it too far with this. It feels like I need to empty my wallet at the gates of planar arena. I'm telling you as a player with a good skill set and the best gear in the game... it's way too much. It's not fun. Tone it WAY down. Having to play with constant rev loses the fluidity of gaming. You want to get in a good mode when you game, almost like a dance. Hit your skills flawlessly and watch the mobs melt away with good team work. But, when it's derp derp die. Derp derp die... you want to throw your device out the window from frustration. Add in there the DC and you have a huge mess.

Please fix this.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

We are reading the initial responses and feedback regarding Tombs content, however they are not the entire picture. We're going to go over the accumulated feedback in addition to in game metrics to discuss any potential changes to the content. We are refraining from any knee-jerk reactions based on initial forum feedback until we get a bit more information and additional feedback.

Players are forming strategies, and experimenting with different pet setups to take on the content, so we're excited to see what develops over the next few days!

Thanks for your patience everyone,
    Carapace
    We really want to see a youtube video of you and sam and null pwning tombs3. I mean, as the devs you should be the most hard core end game players in existance. Please enlighten us! We are all so noob.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: