Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Disconnects, Planar Tombs, Re-Patching and other things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I haven't actually made it to the boss with a party yet because everytime I try to play tomb 1, either I or someone else in the party dc.

It's not like an instant dc... its after the run is well underway sometimes 15-20 mins in. Its pretty frustrating.

This spot in particular is a regular DC zone for me:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 327
Size:  986.2 KB
    Last edited by Dalmony; 11-14-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Nice, winter event, will we be able see bosses or we will get disconnects right after join to the event area?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just want to weigh in on a few things that are on my mind.

Stability and game disconnects.
    This has been very frustrating for us, since we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. When we play, things are ok. In aggregate, disconnects are not up over previous periods. We have been working to collect data from players to narrow down common data, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. If you haven't already, please tell us about your experience in the Tech Forums at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ects-Look-Here!.

We are committed to getting to the root of the issue and solving it. We have some server and client reporting systems in work to help us narrow down to the root cause. We really appreciate your assistance and patience with the process to fix what I can well understand to be an annoying problem.

Planar Tombs
    The Planar Tombs is designed to be difficult. If you want to smash and grab everything it has to offer in a night, well, it's not set up for that. It is elite end game content designed to fill the gap of something to farm and work on over the long haul. We are looking at feedback and early play for additional refinements and I encourage you to post your thoughts after playing. Thanks!

Android Re-Patching
    We have a new Android version of Arcane Legends in testing now to go out live as soon as possible (likely tomorrow) to correct the re-downloading of patch files. If you are experiencing this problem on your Android device, you can work around it by installing the game and data on your device's local memory and not the SD card as this support article details: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...atching-issues

Winter Public Test
    The Winter Event is coming together nicely and we are currently on track to do a round of Public Testing in early December before it goes live. We're looking forward to incorporating your feedback into that content to make it the best it can be. To whet your appetite, here's a quick pic (still work in progress) from the coming Winter Event:

Attachment 109140

Thanks, as always, for being part of Arcane Legends and the Spacetime Community of Gamers.

-Alex "Samhayne" Leary
    Arcane Legends Producer
    Please don't release content without fixing the game first. This happened to me today. A long 47 minute run, laid to waste because of this *hard* planar tombs and disconnect. Im never playing elite again.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  297.5 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  252.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

5 runs tonight and 4 arena - not a single complete run with full party.

I don't belive that you at STS are not seeing this when you play.

Come in game now and play - you'll see it.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

too blind to see but in reality its DC

-N’sync

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys,

I have cleaned up this thread. Let's make sure to keep it constructive.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

All we ask is game stability :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

The Planar Tomb... Ok i won't talk about it but I would like to ask... Any dev cares I get dc even for staying in guild hall chatting?? Why the heck you release new content if server is unplayable for 50% of players. Forget about demm arena, tarlok, and try to fix the server or just make a new one as this one looks more antiquated than Uller's armor. This is just not fair because not all end-game players can access tombs. Why should I care about Tarlok event if I'm getting dc when chatting? Where it's the root? In the new client thingy that tried to fix the repatching. Just remove this stuffs, planar, repatching and if server works normally again you know the issue is somewhere in what you removed. Nerf Planar, fix re-patching this time without destroying server, find the lag issue and THEN add them to game. I'm really asking myself if you try contents on different devices after/before releasing them.
    Last edited by Amadorbibidor; 11-15-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Accident post
    Last edited by Amadorbibidor; 11-15-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This is a sick joke of cheating players of their plat. We revive and revive only to get dc. I'm stubborn so I keep trying and get cheated over and over again.

I've tried 7 runs, to the effect either I dc or a team mate dc. Still haven't completed planar tombs one. Not because it's a difficult content but horrible bug issues.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonut For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

oh. u recolored even enemies? LOL
    it's true "Old habit never dies"
    "seeing recoloration since 2011"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    You summoned me?

Edit: My 1st pure attempt and at tombs 2 boss i used like 10 healing potions.
    Wtfugde bro! Do you have kill all button?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

lol what kind of winter event has dragons seriously I would prefer to see a giant snow troll or sth or at least anything different but tbh I would prefer not to see any other event as long as the servers are in their worst situation I know StS tries to fix them but until you do just let the winter event a little behind because for me it's more important to play an elite map without the terror of dcing rather than spending all of my gold in energy for events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

About 5 days of un-playable game quality. No pressure, but can we at least know the approximate date of the fix? Hour, day, week, month or year would be useful. Maybe it's just me but it's weekend and I would like to play a map if possible, thanks. -__-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Cmon please fix this game! ! Im spending a fortune on ankh and elixir and keep dc on boss 4 in arena. I have all arena essence anf need a few more ancient to complete the amulet.. oh and the recipe that doesn't exist!!!! Ankh refunds and a realistic drop rate on recipe please STS people will quit this troll game myself included. Its a mythic amulet that we've been waiting for since the day of Nordr c'mon quit the bs trolling its not even funny. Arcane ring fair enough make it improbable but a new amulet of Mythic rarity when we already lagged and ankhspammed our way through the tombs numerous times just to realise that when you run the arena it DOES NOT DROP. Meh **** the recipe why do I even need one, realistically I have enough ingredients to make the pendant through trial and error. And what happens when one person loots this impossible recipe? Do they get to be the only supplier of the amulet for weeks/months and make billions when the rest of us put in an equal amount of time, effort and gold just to be constantly disappointed running arena farning shade, noble, poverty and deaths. Pfft all aboard the order and chaos train

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    You summoned me?

Edit: My 1st pure attempt and at tombs 2 boss i used like 10 healing potions.
    Mad congrats!
    I assume you are ringed, correct?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

This is so typical. It's a button masher though. Not much skill required. Therefore, the only way to really make it harder is to make things more op. It's always been this way in arcane legends.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rare; 11-16-2014 at 12:39 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Does your definition of hardcore players include ability to deal out a lot of money to buy ankhs? Is there no room in this tomb for decently geared legendary players with enough experience to strategize? Is it wise to exclude the majority of end game players from this tomb and the mythic pendant quest? As it is the way I see it most players, and I'm talking about those without arcane rings, arcane pets, mythic weapons (although it seems to me even the players with these items are struggling in the new tomb) will see the tomb as an ankh sink, eating up all the hard earned gold they made, leaving them to the vicious cycle of farm-buy ankhs-spend in tomb-get broke-farm again... And for what? There isn't any immediately profitable item to strive for. At least elite zones drop something of immediate value. Exactly how is this kind of experience rewarding?

But again, my main issue is the way this tomb further divides the player base between the top tier geared and the majority legendary players, between those prepared to pay for those revives and those who would be lucky if they can have enough pots to run an elite map. If even Kalizzaa and Zeus are considering quitting the game over this new content, how would you think the majority of players feel about this? I should think that any new addition to the game should provide new experience and opportunity for players to learn and better themselves. Not exclude them and make them feel inadequate.
    This. I don't mind if more people get good gear, or if more people are able to farmm or if gold prices go down, or if the mythic amulet isn't excusive to only the very richest tier of players who already have everything anyway. People don't want to spend months alone trying to find groups for old content... People want to play with their friends. Not all end game players are fully equipped some have been playing for months and its unfair to just box them off as uncommitted or unworthy of playing new content.. they have waited just as long as us for something new and exciting.

I'm in a guild where well geared and averagely geared players are all mixed up, and there is no discrimination between who we play with at all which I love. Content which is only (just) playable for the OP doesn't make me happy because I want to play with my friends, and I don't want who I'm friends with to be based on gear.