Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Balance PvP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

👍👍👍 this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

its same everywhere...classes like rogues are bad for earlygame but they are good at endgame...the more higher level the game gets the more op they become...there will be a time when they will have 100% crit

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Crit is the only reason that rogues are still considered a class in this game. Without it everyone would say "mage pls", since mage has aoe damage for pvp and pve, all rogues have is aimed shot for their best skill, while warriors and mages have many variations. An aimless rogue is a helpless rogue

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Twix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^ what he said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I imagine I get combo more than mages at endgame by other rogues. There are plenty of tanks that give me problems at end game and several mages that fireball crit lightning VERY hard. My preferred party is 2 rogues, a warr and a mage or 2 warr, 1 rogue and a mage. I think balance pvp isn't about buffing or nerfing any one class. I think PVP balance should mean that teams are optimal with all three classes on a team. To all the mages getting one shot/combod, shield timing and good tanks are a must. I have 4415 health and 1734 armor, 635 dmg and I get beat on too. At least mages have a defense to combo with shield. I think an extra .5-1 sec invulnerability on top of the already 2 seconds would be very significant buff for mage. I know it would cause me problems. I've never PVP anywhere but endgame, but ring mages and bonesaw, ring tanks are no easy task even with good timing. Happy to play with anyone.

IGN Kriticality

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It seems like many mages begging for a mage buff in pvp just dont know how to time their actions. If done properly, they will charge shield, stunlock you and kill you. They still have the ability to stunlock rogues and tanks and theyre still complaining.. and now with eye gems mages can go above 50% crit. No need for a rogue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Twix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    It seems like many mages begging for a mage buff in pvp just dont know how to time their actions. If done properly, they will charge shield, stunlock you and kill you. They still have the ability to stunlock rogues and tanks and theyre still complaining.. and now with eye gems mages can go above 50% crit. No need for a rogue.
    Yup i guess u are the only pro mage who knows how to time ur skills right all other mages asking for a buff are nub is that what u mean to say and rouges need just one aim shot to go through any mage without shield on and still beat mages in terms of crit by miles.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    Yup i guess u are the only pro mage who knows how to time ur skills right all other mages asking for a buff are nub is that what u mean to say and rouges need just one aim shot to go through any mage without shield on and still beat mages in terms of crit by miles.
    So why I didn't see mage like seven or goblin or arry or condra or voorg ... asking for buff? To play Mage, you need more skills than rogue, and a higher gear threshold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    So why I didn't see mage like seven or goblin or arry or condra or voorg ... asking for buff? To play Mage, you need more skills than rogue, and a higher gear threshold.
    They dont ask for buff because they are fully arcane geared hence they dont get 1shot and stuff where as the middle class
    which forms a backbone cant obviously afford those kind of gear y should it be a legendary gear rouge>mythic geared mage is the reason y we are asking for balance ty.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

How do you balance middle gear without affecting the fully geared? Imo max geared players are very well balanced. I get one shot by rogues and one lightning by arrypotta all the time lol.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Conrad isn't maxed geared. However in 1v1 fights he can take down almost anyone. Arrypotta also has similar ability, he just happens to have maxed gear. Same with Voorg. The mages mentioned have studied their skills and roles in the game and adapted their style to be most effective at their role. If you've read Conrad's posts or watched his videos you would have known he interprets the mage class as an ultimate support class. A truly top-class mage isn't all about kills and kdr, it's about how he/she supports the team and makes it better. In my experience at endgame I've always appreciated a mage who is able to heal at critical moments, time stuns and curse to greatest effect and nuke hard for AOE damage to the opposing team when required. Kills will come when your team is winning.

The only problem with this is everyone's fixation with kdr. I might sound hypocritical for stating this because I am a rogue who happens to have a pretty nice kdr, but when you have a clash and your classes are built as such, you play to your strengths and abilities to win. Mages, rogues and tanks have their separate strengths and roles to play.
    U read my mind Saf! Totally agree!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Conrad isn't maxed geared. However in 1v1 fights he can take down almost anyone. Arrypotta also has similar ability, he just happens to have maxed gear. Same with Voorg. The mages mentioned have studied their skills and roles in the game and adapted their style to be most effective at their role. If you've read Conrad's posts or watched his videos you would have known he interprets the mage class as an ultimate support class. A truly top-class mage isn't all about kills and kdr, it's about how he/she supports the team and makes it better. In my experience at endgame I've always appreciated a mage who is able to heal at critical moments, time stuns and curse to greatest effect and nuke hard for AOE damage to the opposing team when required. Kills will come when your team is winning.

The only problem with this is everyone's fixation with kdr. I might sound hypocritical for stating this because I am a rogue who happens to have a pretty nice kdr, but when you have a clash and your classes are built as such, you play to your strengths and abilities to win. Mages, rogues and tanks have their separate strengths and roles to play.
    Hmm mages as support class with heal our heal heals like what 50-60%then u have a big cd and again we are said to be good in clashes but the optimum choice for most clashes is 2rouge2tank1mage
    And i guess 2>1 i have already mentioned i dont want mages to be buffed to make them best in vs but atleast second best in clashes rouges are preety much ruling vs as well as clashes and after the lvl46cap who knows we will have rouges running around with 75%crit 3\4 shot crit that is gg once the mage
    shield down.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    How do you balance middle gear without affecting the fully geared? Imo max geared players are very well balanced. I get one shot by rogues and one lightning by arrypotta all the time lol.
    Suppose a country like qatar(no offence)is said to be underdeveloped but yet that country has 5billionares what would u want the government to say that our country is developed because we have 5billionares
    Same is the case with al there are fully almost maxed out gear which constitute like what 5%of the total mages doesnt make the rest 95%not get a buff?

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Suppose a country like qatar(no offence)is said to be underdeveloped but yet that country has 5billionares what would u want the government to say that our country is developed because we have 5billionares
    Same is the case with al there are fully almost maxed out gear which constitute like what 5%of the total mages doesnt make the rest 95%not get a buff?
    What buff are you considering? 300 extra armor on gear won't help you from getting combod. 1000 extra health on gears won't help either. This is something that rogues have to deal with as well without any invulnerability. STS has ended up with good balance maxed out. Similar in PVE, rogues have a very difficult time leveling up solo. Mages are much better than any other class. Rogues should not get PVE buff because it would throw end game even more out of whack.

Nerfing rogues isn't the answer either because nobody will kill good tanks at that point. If you think a buff is coming that will stop mages from being combod, it can't without making mages tanks. I've stated many times that an excellent buff for mage would be replace knock back on shield with stun immunity for 3 seconds and buff heal.

Most of these things can be solved by playing on a good team and using good tanks. I'd love to hear your ideas about a buff for mages and also your ideas about what you think that mages weakness should be.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hmm mages as support class with heal our heal heals like what 50-60%then u have a big cd and again we are said to be good in clashes but the optimum choice for most clashes is 2rouge2tank1mage
    And i guess 2>1 i have already mentioned i dont want mages to be buffed to make them best in vs but atleast second best in clashes rouges are preety much ruling vs as well as clashes and after the lvl46cap who knows we will have rouges running around with 75%crit 3\4 shot crit that is gg once the mage
    shield down.
    mage heal isnt 50-60% at endgame btw its like full hp lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I cant afford real server endgame pvp so i tried it at test server. I got elonbow with para, perf blood ruby, perf fang and icescale potency set with 650+ dmg, 40% crit, and i use scorch. I tried vs with a mage with similiar gear, but without para. Maybe its bcuz my lack of skill but i kill him as much as he kills me, he stunlocks and curses to kill me. And i aim and hope for lucky crits to kill him. Idk wat dis means.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    What buff are you considering? 300 extra armor on gear won't help you from getting combod. 1000 extra health on gears won't help either. This is something that rogues have to deal with as well without any invulnerability. STS has ended up with good balance maxed out. Similar in PVE, rogues have a very difficult time leveling up solo. Mages are much better than any other class. Rogues should not get PVE buff because it would throw end game even more out of whack.

Nerfing rogues isn't the answer either because nobody will kill good tanks at that point. If you think a buff is coming that will stop mages from being combod, it can't without making mages tanks. I've stated many times that an excellent buff for mage would be replace knock back on shield with stun immunity for 3 seconds and buff heal.

Most of these things can be solved by playing on a good team and using good tanks. I'd love to hear your ideas about a buff for mages and also your ideas about what you think that mages weakness should be.
    I am not asking for buff in stats but proper implementation of our skills lifegiver(to some extent)heal and mana upgrade over time useless the reduction of 10%dmg in curse useless because most players in pvp are rouges ice lol we cant freeze where as breeze the so called nerf one is still op yesterday only we lost
    5vs5clash because the opponent team were using breeze so just fail almost our skills it is irritating when u go on to curse and the opponent freezes leading to fail in skills in shield displacement wave useless clock cant root so many flaws in our skills and when u talk abt mage being the "best" class in pve is totally wrong the best team of pt is team of 4rouges or some ppl use 3rouge 1mage ik rouges would be hating me now but i guess the health of rouges should be reduced this will actually sort a lot of mess ty.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remarked View Post
    mage heal isnt 50-60% at endgame btw its like full hp lol
    My bad it is 50-60heal at 15 but even i dont think most mages use heal in their top4skills they usually swap heal so again swapping in middle of clash especially with ur shield down is risky i would actually want mages to get 5skill slots just
    my opinion ty.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedmaster View Post
    I cant afford real server endgame pvp so i tried it at test server. I got elonbow with para, perf blood ruby, perf fang and icescale potency set with 650+ dmg, 40% crit, and i use scorch. I tried vs with a mage with similiar gear, but without para. Maybe its bcuz my lack of skill but i kill him as much as he kills me, he stunlocks and curses to kill me. And i aim and hope for lucky crits to kill him. Idk wat dis means.

Ermm if u ask me those stats are actually
    bad for rouge 650dmg +add 10nerf =only 585dmg and err as a pet u use scorch even blinky is better than scorch in vs and i guess u dont have much experience so right useage of skills/passive matter2 ty.

sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Ermm if u ask me those stats are actually
    bad for rouge 650dmg +add 10nerf =only 585dmg and err as a pet u use scorch even blinky is better than scorch in vs and i guess u dont have much experience so right useage of skills/passive matter2 ty.
    Maybe ur right, its the first time i play as rogue lol

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg