Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think what is causing the DC in the game! PLEASE READ

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Exclamation I think what is causing the DC in the game! PLEASE READ

I do not know what happens, but Sorcerers cause the DC and more if they use the clock on the map, it sounds funny but I try 5 times to make tombs II with them and happened all the time we gained the DC input BUT when I decided to make the party two rogues and two warr not happened this ... This is one of my doubts and whenever I do a party with magician I prefer to reject.

If you want to try
    Last edited by cami; 11-17-2014 at 09:39 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can say that I stopped sorcplay completely because of permanent dc. I switched to the tank which is second char and it was reall a surprise, I could make the tombs the first time without any dc problem. Close to the boss, the ama dc and party crashed like normal, but not the barb. My barb runs stabil, and has also a soulstone. I will try this today in more runs but I agree that there is something with the sorcs. I made 20 runs before with the sorc and every time I dc much earlier as in one run with the barb yesterday.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hi Cami,

Sorcerer Clock skills are no more intensive than other area of effect skills. I think your experience isn't conclusive and I would hate for their to be rumors to that effect. I play a lot as a sorcerer, in fact I did a Tindirin Elite run through the Wilds over the weekend with 3X sorcerers and a warrior. All of the Sorcerers were dropping clocks and we had no issues.

If you are experiencing disconnects that you feel the server is causing (and is not your device or connection) can you please reply with this information:

- Estimated time when the lag or disconnection occurred
    - Character Name
    - Type or device and OS. You can usually find your OS version in your settings.
    - # of players in party and map you were on when experiencing lag or disconnects
    - Description of the problem. What exactly happened?
    - When did your connection issues begin? (date)
    - Have they tried playing on a different internet connection? (WiFi vs 3g vs 4g)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi Cami,

Hi sam

Sorcerer Clock skills are no more intensive than other area of effect skills. I think your experience isn't conclusive and I would hate for their to be rumors to that effect. I play a lot as a sorcerer, in fact I did a Tindirin Elite run through the Wilds over the weekend with 3X sorcerers and a warrior. All of the Sorcerers were dropping clocks and we had no issues.
    I understand but as I said it is something that I was curious because I thought that only happened to me

If you are experiencing disconnects that you feel the server is causing (and is not your device or connection) can you please reply with this information:

- Estimated time when the lag or disconnection occurred (10m)
    - Character Name Camilabb
    - Type or device and OS. You can usually find your OS version in your settings. Tablet Titán 7010 Android 4.0
    - # of players in party and map you were on when experiencing lag or disconnects 4 / tombs 2
    - Description of the problem. What exactly happened? as I said before I disconnect when I play with only magicians , because I have now a normal game . Sam
    - When did your connection issues begin? (date) 14/11/2014
    - Have they tried playing on a different internet connection? (WiFi vs 3g vs 4g)
    only WI-fi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Hi Cami,

- Character Name
    - # of players in party and map you were on when experiencing lag or disconnects
    Try running in tombs Sam. Im noticing that most of my dcs happen right after the clock drop and my party members are too including rogues and warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Agreed. Unsure exactly what it is in mage skills but in terms of planar tombs only - not other maps - I've 100% noticed this as a pattern.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I can also confirm this. We had one mage in the party not using Time Shift (clock) and the runs were bearable in a three-player party. He then respecialized to include it in his build and 4/5 times he dropped it, the whole party disconnected. Don't even get me started on what happens when two mages try to alternate clocks now; if you're lucky enough and lag doesn't completely cancel your skill leaving you wondering where it went, the most common annoyance is that it doesn't read the skill as charged which results in the most useless skill in the game (uncharged clock does no dot, just slight slowdown plus nonexistent dropdown damage).

I suggest mages learn to use Frost Bolt efficiently until this issue is resolved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I can also confirm this. We had one mage in the party not using Time Shift (clock) and the runs were bearable in a three-player party. He then respecialized to include it in his build and 4/5 times he dropped it, the whole party disconnected. Don't even get me started on what happens when two mages try to alternate clocks now; if you're lucky enough and lag doesn't completely cancel your skill leaving you wondering where it went, the most common annoyance is that it doesn't read the skill as charged which results in the most useless skill in the game (uncharged clock does no dot, just slight slowdown plus nonexistent dropdown damage).

I suggest mages learn to use Frost Bolt efficiently until this issue is resolved.
    The mage TS skill does cause a bit of lag, but I don't think it's the direct cause of the DC. There seems to be a threshold for the amount of graphics/mobs that can be on the screen before a DC occurs. A TS is graphic intensive so that could be adding to the amount of graphics displayed on your device, so ya Asphynxia, ice instead of TS could be a viable solution for farming to prevent DC (unfortunately for timed runs it's not =/).

One suggestion is to use parties of 3. I've found that I DC a significant amount less in smaller parties!
    Last edited by raw; 11-18-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

We tried party of 3 earlier. 3 mage 1 rogue.

Oltgar elite / planar tomb / elite wilds / elite caves

Someone randonly still gets dc

We tried no clock run again on tomb, guess what. One still got dc.

Edit: 2 mage 1 war

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    The mage TS skill does cause a bit of lag, but I don't think it's the direct cause of the DC. There seems to be a threshold for the amount of graphics/mobs that can be on the screen before a DC occurs. A TS is graphic intensive so that could be adding to the amount of graphics displayed on your device, so ya Asphynxia, ice instead of TS could be a viable solution for farming to prevent DC (unfortunately for timed runs it's not =/).

One suggestion is to use parties of 3. I've found that I DC a significant amount less in smaller parties!
    Correct. Parties of two or three are the optimal choice at the moment. It's not the direct cause, yes. But it does cause graphic lag and that is somehow connected to the actual lag from ping. When I'm running mage in continuous elites, my FPS drops much faster than when I'm running without mage (as rogue). In the same amount of time and similar pulls, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I also find if one person D/C then the rest are more likely to also. It seems to be like a domino effect.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the best way to prove this is make a 10 run with full party without a mage, and a 10 run full party with 1 mage. If the the party without a mage still got dc then your theory proves wrong. (although the 10 run things isnt a complete study of this theory, its a good start to look at something atleast)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I also find if one person D/C then the rest are more likely to also. It seems to be like a domino effect.

Correct, like a virus that spreads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

No way ban all mages of the game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

remove the effect of the paracelsus gems completely pls

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

For sure mage has the most going on w/ spells and does DC the most. I would tell mages to use fire/light/ice/wind for now and if you run with a trap rogue it's OK. Not ideal but works.

Kind of fun to use different spells.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

I found out what the reason is, the forum spam about dc complaints causes lag in game and disconnects us all :O!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

STS make a Game content with high Graphics and Visual Effects (very high than their Game can handle) and that what all of us experienced in the game when we find that we all get DC in the new (high visual Tombs and Arena) more than others maps - the lagging and chance for DC increase more when we use any visual effects (LB banner, LB vanity, Mage Skills, Large Pull, Para gem Effect, Etc.) we all know, Admit it please
    almost 100% of our dc Cases (Dropped Frames)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hi Cami,

- Character Name
    Hi Sam, just curious to know if you guys were on the latest client and not playing over your LAN, sitting ext to the server?

A bit surprised on your statement "a Tindin Elite run" being good without DC, compared to thousands of runs and thousands of DCs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I switched class just because of this bug.

(and got bored doing 0 damage on bosses too)