Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Quest to Improve Server Connection | Please Take This Survey!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I did note that in the survey . I hope it helps yall find the problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Dear STS,

I was away and could not play for about 2 weeks. I sometimes had the opportunity to read the forums and thought, that the whole disconnect issue had been blown out of proportion, as such things so often happen in games.

Unfortunately I was terribly wrong! During the last couple of days I tried to play the new elite tombs, the old non-elite tombs, the tindirin elite maps and the tindirin normal maps. They are ALL UNPLAYABLE!!! Not a single time I could finish the map with the full party I started it with!?!?! The last tindirin map(normal) is a DC galore of epic proportions. Due the fact that people connect all the time in a non-timed public game, I had the "pleasure" of seeing 17 disconnects on a single map! LOL?!?

I personally disconnect EVERY TIME I play on my mage and every 2-3 runs on my rogue. On the rogue I can, at least, solo without DCs. Unfortunately I am not so lucky on my mage.

FYI I never had lag or any disconnect issues in AL before the last update. And to be honest every time somebody complained about lag, I did think that it were their internet connection for sure, because I had less than 100 ping at all times. Now I had a ping on 40k before the disconnects.

I mostly play from PC on wired connection with 100 megabits down and upload. On the rare occasions, that I play on my phone I only use WiFi.

Good luck STS! As of now it is obvious that you need it badly.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just completed the survey. Hope it helps to solve the problem. This is really a big issue where a lot of players are quitting the game and less active.

Fyi .. I never had this problem before even when my ping was yellow. It happens ever since halloween update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Ok this is really interesting..it has to do with the party, its a nice pattern. The pattern seen in these images is a party..they all joined..all state that they are busy but clearly they are not..they are moving freely and it happens when i'm the 2nd or 3rd player to join a pug. Other people disconnect in mid battle and im still standing lol. this has been seen tons by me, and I thought id post on it. (im on a chrome wired connection on a mac)

also in my screen shots is people joining and leaving..me and daarachih are the only ones still standing in this pug.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 9.10.09 AM.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	109661

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 9.10.22 AM.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	109662

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-20 at 9.10.41 AM.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	109663
    Last edited by octavos; 11-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

To me this seems like a combination of Effect overload, folks have mentioned clock but I think clock is just a contributing factor and not a root cause. Even Sam said Clock is intensive so it could easily what puts things over the top.

I have found that if I am on the strongest wifi signal I can find and I party with folks that strip as many effects from their appearance as possible and we agree to not use Clock and other high intensity spell effects and draw small mobs we can run with little issue, except the fact we can't clock mobs or wear our best gear.

If I am on a strong wifi with a weak signal due to distance from the router or on a weak connection in general and folks are fully geared and casting spells like crazy then usually one or more of us will DC.

One other item that I have noticed a few times is that if I am doing normal wilds runs with Pugs I can get through 2 runs usually without an issue but almost always if clock is cast on the third run... Wham DC. I have no idea how this software works but to me it looks like resources are not always being released from effects and at some point either the client on our device runs out of resources OR the server gives up, no idea which side its on but if I had to guess it would be the client. It would suck if its a client issue because of Apple and it being the busy holiday season... This might not get fixed for another month. Fingers crossed it can get fixed faster. In the mean time could you remove effects like the Para Stone that are purely ornamental? This might give enough resources back so we can use clock and other spells without worry. Then once the issue is resolved you can give our effects back. Personally I would rather be able to play without worry then have fairy dust sparkles at my feet...

Thrindal

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Dear STS,

I was away and could not play for about 2 weeks. I sometimes had the opportunity to read the forums and thought, that the whole disconnect issue had been blown out of proportion, as such things so often happen in games.

Unfortunately I was terribly wrong! During the last couple of days I tried to play the new elite tombs, the old non-elite tombs, the tindirin elite maps and the tindirin normal maps. They are ALL UNPLAYABLE!!! Not a single time I could finish the map with the full party I started it with!?!?! The last tindirin map(normal) is a DC galore of epic proportions. Due the fact that people connect all the time in a non-timed public game, I had the "pleasure" of seeing 17 disconnects on a single map! LOL?!?

I personally disconnect EVERY TIME I play on my mage and every 2-3 runs on my rogue. On the rogue I can, at least, solo without DCs. Unfortunately I am not so lucky on my mage.

FYI I never had lag or any disconnect issues in AL before the last update. And to be honest every time somebody complained about lag, I did think that it were their internet connection for sure, because I had less than 100 ping at all times. Now I had a ping on 40k before the disconnects.

I mostly play from PC on wired connection with 100 megabits down and upload. On the rare occasions, that I play on my phone I only use WiFi.

Good luck STS! As of now it is obvious that you need it badly.

Regards

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]To me this seems like a combination of Effect overload, folks have mentioned clock but I think clock is just a contributing factor and not a root cause. Even Sam said Clock is intensive so it could easily what puts things over the top.

I have found that if I am on the strongest wifi signal I can find and I party with folks that strip as many effects from their appearance as possible and we agree to not use Clock and other high intensity spell effects and draw small mobs we can run with little issue, except the fact we can't clock mobs or wear our best gear.

If I am on a strong wifi with a weak signal due to distance from the router or on a weak connection in general and folks are fully geared and casting spells like crazy then usually one or more of us will DC.

One other item that I have noticed a few times is that if I am doing normal wilds runs with Pugs I can get through 2 runs usually without an issue but almost always if clock is cast on the third run... Wham DC. I have no idea how this software works but to me it looks like resources are not always being released from effects and at some point either the client on our device runs out of resources OR the server gives up, no idea which side its on but if I had to guess it would be the client. It would suck if its a client issue because of Apple and it being the busy holiday season... This might not get fixed for another month. Fingers crossed it can get fixed faster. In the mean time could you remove effects like the Para Stone that are purely ornamental? This might give enough resources back so we can use clock and other spells without worry. Then once the issue is resolved you can give our effects back. Personally I would rather be able to play without worry then have fairy dust sparkles at my feet...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Ok this is really interesting..it has to do with the party, its a nice pattern. The pattern seen in these images is a party..they all joined..all state that they are busy but clearly they are not..they are moving freely and it happens when i'm the 2nd or 3rd player to join a pug. Other people disconnect in mid battle and im still standing lol. this has been seen tons by me, and I thought id post on it. (im on a chrome wired connection on a mac)

also in my screen shots is people joining and leaving..me and daarachih are the only ones still standing in this pug.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Hello remiem and whoever I'm sick and tired of having to deal with the planar tombs and one frieken annoying glitch I can't even move in planar tombs only thing I can do it press skills and pet but I can't move I spent 28minutes on planar tombs and it did thatglitch EVERY time it does the glitch I'm tired and I have used 7 elixer chest things and spent alot of gold on them and all wasted I spent over 100k!!!!!!! Our game made me loose 100,000gold because of tht glitch so I'm frieking angry please help and give me something for the inconvenience I've tried to get the planar weapon of tactics but Nooooo your game lagged and made me waste so much time I've spent over 6hours doing planar tomb and it wouldent let mr move after 25minutes in the tombs here my account name :ananyamous

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Remiem, I think the reason for disconnections is because of the amount of enemies on the map that are attacking players (PvE, not sure about PvP)

for example, when i am in a town, and are talking to friends/guild, my ping is green.
    But when I start playing wt4, when a large amount of enemies start attacking, then I get disconnected.

So i think the disconnections have to do with the amount of enemies that players are fighting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Honestly I also thought that it might be the effect overflow caused by all the para gems. However if this should be the case it is not limited to games where the party members have it.

I was helping a buddy of mine to level in wt4 about an hour ago. We were in a group of 2 and neither of us had a para gem in their gear. I was on my mage, but did not use clock. Further to those precautions we did relatively small pulls. During the 4 initial runs everything was OK. After that we started getting disconnected every run. We changed the map to tindirin the wilds (normal) but the disconnects persisted.

It was only I restarted my PC and he his phone, that the disconnects stopped for another 4 runs.

Now the hypothesis about the client somehow not releasing its resources in a way seems even more plausible to me!

Regards

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

[QUOTE=arcanexmen]Honestly I also thought that it might be the effect overflow caused by all the para gems. However if this should be the case it is not limited to games where the party members have it.

I was helping a buddy of mine to level in wt4 about an hour ago. We were in a group of 2 and neither of us had a para gem in their gear. I was on my mage, but did not use clock. Further to those precautions we did relatively small pulls. During the 4 initial runs everything was OK. After that we started getting disconnected every run. We changed the map to tindirin the wilds (normal) but the disconnects persisted.

It was only I restarted my PC and he his phone, that the disconnects stopped for another 4 runs.

Now the hypothesis about the client somehow not releasing its resources in a way seems even more plausible to me!

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I made account here because i am really really tired from all this. These all issues startet from halloween event and continued every day worse and worse. We tried to play planar tombs, dcs in most of the cases or ping goes to heavenly red skies or ping green and suddenly "you have been disconnected from server", tried in 4 players ( the worst option) tried in 3 players ( bit better, dc every 2nd or 3rd run), arena the same, then i said ok i will not play tombs..lets go to elite maps, but nope dc dc dc... ok ill try normal maps farm tindirin for teeth, again big no no..... every day i keep giving up from some maps... but today i really got fed up, went to do only bards on my toons, and i couldnt i dced at start of map, then in middle few times and at the end also. I really can not understand why you put new tombs in game when you knew you knew exactly that game is very unstabile even before that. I personally do not want anything new untill game is stabile, cause i can not play anything anymore, not new not old, anything. Many many platinum and gold wasted...just dissapeared cause i tried to play, solo or in party and all went in total disaster. I know you are now trying to fiy this and i really hope it will be fast really, you have beautiful game, dont let it be ruined. And "lazarus" package you mentioned doesnt cover 10% of what we have wasted from time this began till now, thats my opinion and its not our fault. I hope you will fix all soon and i wish you the best luck with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Survey complete. Hope it helps! ✌

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

@octavos I see this too in almost every game and was wondering the same thing! Sometimes the players pets go on and they just remain still while enemies drop without being attacked right in front of me! Then bam! They're dced or my ping spikes and I dc! Crazy latency between attacks when this is happening too! I have great connection and am on a good device so it's not on my end as I thought before all this dc stuff began lol
    Last edited by Devaux; 11-20-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've seen this issue where it says everyone is busy during PvP as well, even though we are all moving and in the middle of a battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Whats the point of this survey?? Too many had complained already and given their opinions on why they got booted out of the game. The game is close to being unplayable due to the terrible lag and ping spikes. Before its just in the dungeons but now even on normal maps????

Or is this is just another way of putting everyone in town to make us pop crates again??

This is ridiculous,!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    Whats the point of this survey??

This is ridiculous,!
    Data gathering, we get DC'ed on PVP probably during clashes due to the high frequency of skill use/effect plus added particle effects from individual items/vanity.

Im suggesting to try and reduce paracelsus gem effects, like removing the circle and keeping only the ascending lights..
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I am happy with the server is ok for me, no problem these days
    Thank you