Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Crafting System]: Planar Tombs Saga & Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    OMG, it's been 4 days and everyone doesn't already have all the items they want? IT MUST BE TOO HARD!!!

Sorry guys, but I like that they made this super hard. It will actually add some PvE fun to this game instead of the usual 1-2 weeks of new PvE and then back to PvP. I like that we actually have something to do in PvE that will take months (yes months, not days!). I just wish they would fix the server issues so I could actually run the planar tombs and participate in this wonderful quest for better gear.

And BTW, you don't have to loot the exact item you want. These items are tradable, so you can loot a different one and sell it, or just buy the one you want with from another player. Did anyone here play Pocket Legends? This armor/helm crafting is so similar to how it was in PL. You first had to loot the legendary item, and then you had to work hard to get the crafting materials and the recipe, and then you could craft the upgraded set.

Good work STS. Please do not change a thing (except to get your servers fixed!)
    Its not that its TOO HARD, we never even said anything about the difficulty. ITS THE FACT THAT they never said anything about the base part and that the base part is based on LUCK NOT HARD WORK. ALSO THE ARMOR IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE HARD WORK.

@energizeric read my post and tell me what you think. Do you think it is fair?
    Last edited by Dogoeswoof; 11-18-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Forumers,

III. Planar Chests:
    - Upon opening, a player will be granted a single item! Epic if unfortunate, or one of the highly sought after planar legendary armors/helms required in the recipe sold by planar tombs vendor.
    - Personally, I have opened about 20 planar chests and have only looted one planar brutality rogue helm. When in unrefined form, the stats of the planar tomb gear flat out suck. With the effort required to obtain these items, I do think that developers should look into buffing the rogue and sorcerer helms as in the current state, they are at best comparable to the L36 mythic helms - not necessarily better as promised.

Zeus
    Is it the Same Helm that You can loot from Master Chest (Arena Chest), the arena one also Called Planar helm of brutality..

Tip. if so go Buy All the Planar Gears From Cs before You Answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qamr View Post
    Is it the Same Helm that You can loot from Master Chest (Arena Chest), the arena one also Called Planar helm of brutality..

It's not the same. These ones are Dark Crystal.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qamr View Post

For mage, It's Dark Crystal Cowl of Bru.
    Sts announced the new legendary set.
    Last edited by Maketaca; 11-18-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It's not the same. These ones are Dark Crystal.
    thanks God, I did the fragments Farm only 10 times and stop (just going for the third one for the AP)
    I was sure there's some wrong about that as well as they didn't announce the details in fourms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Okay, I've now opened a total of 50-60 (I believe, hard to keep count) with only the helm I looted at the beginning on opening. The drop rate flat out sucks.

I think someone forgot to tell STG that just because this is a replacement for mythics does not mean it's okay to change the Legendary Rarity into Arcane rarity.

That's a good 20M down the drain and I was a lucky one. I hope that nobody tests their luck with these crates - you'll only be disappointed. Instead, save the gold and buy yourself a mythic amulet (LOL, JK)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

The sad thing is that this is just legendary gear. Gear that will probably be replaced next level cap or something comparable at the next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    The gear is not better than mythics.

The cost to run the tombs is extreme.

Pocket legends is dead for a reason.
    Pocket Legends is dead because people were not spending plat and instead were playing for free. STS had not yet figured out a way to get people to spend enough plat, so the game was not profitable. They had not yet figured out the locked crate idea. But ask anyone who used to play PL regularly and then switched to AL, which one they liked better. PL was so much more fun.

My suggestion last year was for STS to combine some of the ideas that made PL so much fun, like farming for super rare dragon items, but also keep the locked crates so the game is still profitable for them. So it seems they have finally done that, and now people are raging that the items are too rare. Then don't farm for them. I farmed for dragon items for hours each day over a period of months and never saw one drop to anyone in my party. But a friend of mine got lucky and looted a blue armor at one point, so that gave me faith to keep trying. Eventually I managed to save up enough gold and just buy one.

The PvE aspect of Pocket Legends was so much better than Arcane Legends. I used to play hours per day, and I rarely even participated in PvP. PvE was enough to keep me interested and busy. In AL, PvE is mostly boring and dead. Maybe now that will change.

Having these items that are super rare and only drop in PvE (i.e. are not available for plat or in locked crates) makes farming profitable once again. Perhaps the drop rates must be adjusted slightly, but better off that they are too rare than too common. They can always adjust it to be slightly more common, but once it becomes too common, you can never adjust it back as the market is already ruined.

As for whether they are better than mythic, I just looked at the stats for the sorcerer armor and helm, and they are way better than mythic.

Sorcerer mythic helm is the "of assault" variety. If you compare the stats to the new crafted assault helm, every single stat is higher, and some like armor and damage are considerably higher. Sorcerer mythic armor is the "of force" variety. If you compare the stats of the new crafted "of force" armor to the mythic armor, every single stat is higher as well, with some being way higher.

Of course you are free to use a different type of helm or armor, like the "of brutality" or "of security", but when you switch from one type to another, you are always going to make a tradeoff. So yes, "of brutality" is always going to have less crit than "of force". It is your choice. If you want something directly comparable to the mythic gear you have now, then stick with the "of force" and "of assault" combo.

Either way they are much better than the mythic armor and helm. You will end up with a large armor increase, large damage or crit increase (depending on which variety you choose), and a health increase as well

As for the mythic pendant, the stats on that are way better than any other pendant. For us sorcerers, you will see a gain of 500+ health. Just that alone would make it worthwhile. But you will also gain some damage as well.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 11-18-2014 at 04:35 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    I agree with you there, I think it's a bit too soon for people to start calling foul, but I also agree with Candy.

The tombs are quite expensive to run, and the fact that there are sooo many pieces to crafting this armor is pretty daunting.

300 Planar Fragments in all
    80k in Planar Ingots

Plus you have to either loot or buy the base armor which could set you back pretty deep depending on the set you want -- and that's all on top of the endless supply of ankhs, pots, and elixirs that one needs to even get that far.

I'm all for difficult and lengthy quests for the hardcore end gamer, but damn, the time and gold/plat needed to complete this quest line is just a snowballs chance in my eyes, never mind the mythic necklace.
    I do agree that the one shots in the tombs are a bit much. I don't think it should take less time to complete the tombs, but I think the mobs should not hit so hard. It's crazy that a mob can one hit me. I can understand the boss doing that, but not the mobs. So yes, the amount of plat needed for revives is a bit much. I agree. But the time required to loot the rare items is not too much IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Dear Zeus,

Attachment 109451

Love,
    Candy
    Look Like a RibEye Medium Rare to me . Yummyyyyyyyyyyyy

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Please remove Locked Crates from the loot table. I have run the tombs like 15 times and already rerolled up from a planar tombs chest to a crate TWICE!! It pisses me off to no end to think that I have lost items worth 1m (at the time) for crap worth 10k. Something that is supposed to help me get better loot is taking away the only good loot I would have gotten so far. If the drop rate of these chests was reasonable, like Elite Golden Chests, I would not have made this post but it isn't, so I have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Please remove Locked Crates from the loot table. I have run the tombs like 15 times and already rerolled up from a planar tombs chest to a crate TWICE!! It pisses me off to no end to think that I have lost items worth 1m (at the time) for crap worth 10k. Something that is supposed to help me get better loot is taking away the only good loot I would have gotten so far. If the drop rate of these chests was reasonable, like Elite Golden Chests, I would not have made this post but it isn't, so I have.
    I agree with you in that point.
    every time i got rerolled in the planar tomb i got locked crate or planar weapon the only one i got planar tomb chest i didn't reroll on it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

OMG, it's been 4 days and everyone doesn't already have all the items they want? IT MUST BE TOO HARD!!!

Sorry guys, but I like that they made this super hard. It will actually add some PvE fun to this game instead of the usual 1-2 weeks of new PvE and then back to PvP. I like that we actually have something to do in PvE that will take months (yes months, not days!). I just wish they would fix the server issues so I could actually run the planar tombs and participate in this wonderful quest for better gear.

And BTW, you don't have to loot the exact item you want. These items are tradable, so you can loot a different one and sell it, or just buy the one you want with from another player. Did anyone here play Pocket Legends? This armor/helm crafting is so similar to how it was in PL. You first had to loot the legendary item, and then you had to work hard to get the crafting materials and the recipe, and then you could craft the upgraded set.

Good work STS. Please do not change a thing (except to get your servers fixed!)
    a proper reward to match efforts = fun for the game. without those this game sucks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

So how are the tombs now after Thursday's patch? is tomb 2 and 3 manageable (as in not a 50 ankh suicide run) anymore? How long does each tomb take for a skilled party to complete now?
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hello all.

I would first like to sincerely apologize for the confusion about the new armors. I can definitely see how the recipe itself was extremely confusing for those who either did not see the details on the forums or don't look at them at all. This was an oversight on our part and I have notified the QA and design teams so we can fix it as soon as possible.

As for the drop rate of the chests to receive the base Dark Crystal armor, I have collected your feedback on the rarity and passed it along to QA and design as well so that they can assess how or if they want to tweak it. We wanted it to be a grind, but of course we don't want it to be impossible. I'll continue to read your feedback and stay in close communication with the team so that we can get everything to a place that makes everyone happy.

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback. I'll post when I hear back.

Remi
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hello all.

I would first like to sincerely apologize for the confusion about the new armors. I can definitely see how the recipe itself was extremely confusing for those who either did not see the details on the forums or don't look at them at all. This was an oversight on our part and I have notified the QA and design teams so we can fix it as soon as possible.

As for the drop rate of the chests to receive the base Dark Crystal armor, I have collected your feedback on the rarity and passed it along to QA and design as well so that they can assess how or if they want to tweak it. We wanted it to be a grind, but of course we don't want it to be impossible. I'll continue to read your feedback and stay in close communication with the team so that we can get everything to a place that makes everyone happy.

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback. I'll post when I hear back.

Remi
    See, when I read this it tells me I better run and sell my dark crystal helm before the drop rate increases and the price falls to 10%. I hate when they keep messing with the drop rates on all these items. I can't even imagine how angry some folks must be who bought the amulet recipe for 20m+. I'm beginning to think it is not worth spending a lot of gold on anything because at any time it could become worthless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

See, when I read this it tells me I better run and sell my dark crystal helm before the drop rate increases and the price falls to 10%. I hate when they keep messing with the drop rates on all these items. I can't even imagine how angry some folks must be who bought the amulet recipe for 20m+. I'm beginning to think it is not worth spending a lot of gold on anything because at any time it could become worthless.
    Yo freeze.

Recipe wasn't tweaked it is haste that made some people spend 20m and that was their choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yo freeze.

Recipe wasn't tweaked it is haste that made some people spend 20m and that was their choice.
    Recipe rate was tweaked, lol. There was a patch on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Recipe rate was tweaked, lol. There was a patch on it.
    True, me forgot. Too much data.

Were recipes bought for 20m before or after tweak? cause before tweak i don't know about anyone looting recipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    True, me forgot.

Were recipes bought for 20m before or after tweak?
    Before the patch nobody had looted one for as far as I recall so after the patch people bought for 20m.