Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tips and Tricks to NOT DC!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Default Tips and Tricks to NOT DC!

Hey Arlor, we know that a fix IS coming for our disconnection problems. Many of us have figured out some ways to avoid a lot of the disconnections, and yes it's anecdotal but speaking as a mage who ran for hours straight without DC it's pretty good advice.

1. Only run in a party of 3. Parties of 4 will DC. Guaranteed. Even if you have someone in the party but not zoned in the map you will DC. Run in threes.

2. Reduce any particle effects on your vanity. Pick your most plain without anything blinking or moving. For my mage I used founders. Do NOT use Halloween vanities. Skip wearing a banner altogether.

3. Mages DO NOT DROP CLOCK. I know Sam said it's cool, but I will tell you it's not. Mage without a clock is really lame but disconnecting is even worse. I ran wind, light, ice, and fire as my skills. Yeah the mobs will be chasing you but ice those mages and you're golden.

4. Reduce spinning weapons and/or para gems if you can. I used my elon rifle instead of the kersh which has a spinning object. One run I tried out the new planar claw and it spins and drops the spinning crystal. Guess what happened? I disconnected. So expedition rifle, tindirin staff, myth rifle, all of those are good. I did have Para gem in ring and seemed to be OK, but others have said running without the para gem particle effect helps as well.

5. Pull small, and gradually increase the pulls until you find the sweet spot without being disconnected. We did experience disconnection on larger pulls, but found we could pull moderately once we cut back on the other bells and whistles off our toons.

Mages certainly do have the MOST going on with their spells and weapons and in my experience with a WiFi connection running off fiber-to-the-home I am still one of the first to disconnect. So everyone keep it simple. Follow these steps and your disconnection will not totally go away but will be greatly reduced. It felt SO GOOD to run for a few hours and not have sweaty palms stressing that disconnect.

To any DEVS that are reading this, please give us that update soon on the status of the game. We want some technical details so we can understand what happened.

Thanks everyone and see you in Arlor!!!!

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Or use the myth staff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Thanks!! This is great
    Last edited by radagan; 11-18-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

or dont play..xd
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I cant believe someone has to make such guides like this because the company itself lacks the eagerness to push and fix thr problem. This is sad. I really want to play and farm but the situation is horrible.

Too much horror in game, afraid of disconnections. Seems like an extension of halloween event.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Pixel double

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Yes, run in threes, lower your particle effects and spinning/rotating objects and try not to use any para gem encrusted gear. These objects are causing server side lag. All this additional bling stuff needs to be processed by the server and put on your screen, multiply that by the number of people online and using resource hogging attachments, when it struggles, it breaks. This is not a complete fix but perhaps allow you to enjoy some game time. The servers haven't been upscaled to meet the current demands.

Thank you Candy.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulnaj View Post
    I cant believe someone has to make such guides like this because the company itself lacks the eagerness to push and fix thr problem. This is sad. I really want to play and farm but the situation is horrible.

Too much horror in game, afraid of disconnections. Seems like an extension of halloween event.
    Appropriately consider the situation before making such an over-blown observation, please. STS is tirelessly working to resolve the dc issue, so don't think that they're not. We're all humans. Humans don't know everything, and it's not like the devs can just say "oh here's why everyone's dc'ing" and simply release a patch the next day to make everything okay. They are doing research to further diagnose the knit-picky issue down to the nitty-gritty details and trying to figure out what could ultimately fix it with as little repercussions as possible.

So dont blindly make a totally negative allegation like that without any facts to back it up. Feelings could get hurt. If you feel like you can do a better job, fly yourself to Spacetime Studios and fix it yourself. I'm sure they'd love to see if you can figure it out.
    ♥ ~ ❤ To be Beautiful is to be Uniquely YOU ❤ ~ ♥

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ya we need to pull together and support STS! They're trying to move their operation out of their mom's basement and all this negativity is going send them into a shame spiral. They'll be stuck down there binging on donuts and moonpies for weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Tried doing a three person party and still got the boot. Thanks for the suggestions though! It was worth a shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlb2005 View Post
    Tried doing a three person party and still got the boot. Thanks for the suggestions though! It was worth a shot.
    Did you at the same time try the othet suggestions because 3 people with all particles, clock etc won't help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Did you at the same time try the othet suggestions because 3 people with all particles, clock etc won't help.
    Well playing without the clock isn't really an option for me. We didn't have a lot of particles going on though. I will just have to wait for them to fix it. I'm not going to spend on respec unless they want to give us a couple free to help us while they fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nice. 3 rogue party with least amt of bell and whistles still dc so idk how mages cope. Most of my sorc friends just sitting it out.

R E T I R E D . S P E E D . D E M O N

αβ H e i r e s s θΩ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    but ice those mages and you're golden.
    But...but... they aren't ice-able (freezable) ._.
    unless you mean slow...

And yes, it seems mages are among the first to dc, ran tomb 1 yesterday, and both mages disconnected together

and some tips if you DC:
    1. if you are on pc and sees your ping skyrocketing, refresh the page and log in, chances are you will still be in the map

2. if you have multiple devices, log on to the other device as you see your ping skyrocketing. IF your other device logs in fast enough, you SHOULD still be in the same map Works for my tablet but not for my phone, as my phone take forever to log in. Simple test to see if it works is to go into any pve map, log onto your other device and see if you are still in the same map or not.

Hope this works

16. The Following User Says Thank You to eugene9707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Hey Haieta! Thanks I will have to try the double device trick, would it work for two iPADs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

nu ;-; clocks nu my clock nuuuu!

p.s nice guide
    it's on&on because i said so
    thanks doframingo for this sig!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

ExCELLENT THREAD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    But...but... they aren't ice-able (freezable) ._.
    unless you mean slow...

And yes, it seems mages are among the first to dc, ran tomb 1 yesterday, and both mages disconnected together

and some tips if you DC:
    1. if you are on pc and sees your ping skyrocketing, refresh the page and log in, chances are you will still be in the map

2. if you have multiple devices, log on to the other device as you see your ping skyrocketing. IF your other device logs in fast enough, you SHOULD still be in the same map Works for my tablet but not for my phone, as my phone take forever to log in. Simple test to see if it works is to go into any pve map, log onto your other device and see if you are still in the same map or not.

Hope this works
    Thanks for copy and paste my post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-disconnection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You can add those ones to your thread.
    Use Pets with low Graphic Arcane Ability (Malison & Grimm) - high Graphic ones get You out.
    Party of two Characters type (Rogue & Warrior) is to much better than party of three types (War, Rog, Mage)

I just wonder how much time we will Stay in that Suffer because Others incapability

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

ty will try now