Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Fresh Perspective

I'm new to Legends been playing for a month now. I'm level 41 and I guess could be considered a end gamer. The game was awesome until the end game part lol. It's to much corruption and less fun when everything cost millions. Also I think the new tombs should be removed. For one they are causing alot of dc and for two it's not fair to the average player who can not afford top gear. The rich just get richer and inflate prices turning new people to the game away. My suggestion is to create something with a fair playing field and give new comers a chance. Remember the middle class is the majority and by letting the rich get richer you let them control the economy of YOUR game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

The tombs aren't causing the dc's, as for you being a newcomer I would suggest elite tindirin and not the tombs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It wasn't dc before tombs came out common sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytelly View Post
    People got dc during halloween already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

The disconnection problem surfaced a while back, and then sort of went away for the majority of the players. It crept back into the game before the tombs, so the tombs really didn't make a difference. I am sorry you find end game corrupt, when I was freshly capped I enjoyed running elite maps and working on my APs and meeting new friends. Good luck on your adventures in Arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah but not at this rate it's the tombs do away with them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

New tombs are not for the faint of heart.But the dcs are being worked on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm new to Legends been playing for a month now. I'm level 41 and I guess could be considered a end gamer. The game was awesome until the end game part lol. It's to much corruption and less fun when everything cost millions. Also I think the new tombs should be removed. For one they are causing alot of dc and for two it's not fair to the average player who can not afford top gear. The rich just get richer and inflate prices turning new people to the game away. My suggestion is to create something with a fair playing field and give new comers a chance. Remember the middle class is the majority and by letting the rich get richer you let them control the economy of YOUR game.
    Yeah.. for me, the best part of this game is leveling. Can't wait the new level cap
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

We need permanent content for everyone. Not just for the rich, not just for the hardcore gamers. Whether it be PvP-related, PvE-related or even social-related, we need something new and FUN

- Izho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I was once on your position. I didnt complain about end game content, you have so many things to do in game.

There are also alot of things to get rich / gold.

As for the one saying "must have content for everyone not only for rich and hardcore" really? They worked their way up there and you want to be the same as them without the hard work? Come on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    When i was a month in and freshly capped, I didn't pay any attention to the rich. You shouldn't have a feeling of entitlement because most of those rich player have spent hours a day for years to get there. I suggest setting small goals for upgrading your equipment and focus achievement points...and just worry about having fun. Before you know it some new player will call you rich
    True. There are so many content to do and have fun when you are new. Why are you so bothered about the people that has better gear than you? Go play and have fun. Step jelousy aside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Usually its as you say but this time:

The Rich gets poorer while the poor just looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Before you misjudge me understand that I grind farming everyday and save every penny from small things like 500 gold from reselling. Maybe because you started playing in a different time in the game when the economy was more friendly. I probably put in more time than you daily. The fact of the fact of the matter is there is a opportunity to make lots of gold but the legendary player does not have a chance at it. So like I said the rich get richer and thanks for for the people who had a positive outlook understanding things are more difficult now for new players to compete with same level people. All I'm saying is don't release things that are bias to rich and don't give the middle class a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulnaj View Post
    I was once on your position. I didnt complain about end game content, you have so many things to do in game.

There are also alot of things to get rich / gold.

As for the one saying "must have content for everyone not only for rich and hardcore" really? They worked their way up there and you want to be the same as them without the hard work? Come on.
    The working hard has nothing to do with content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Before you misjudge me understand that I grind farming everyday and save every penny from small things like 500 gold from reselling. Maybe because you started playing in a different time in the game when the economy was more friendly. I probably put in more time than you daily. The fact of the fact of the matter is there is a opportunity to make lots of gold but the legendary player does not have a chance at it. So like I said the rich get richer and thanks for for the people who had a positive outlook understanding things are more difficult now for new players to compete with same level people. All I'm saying is don't release things that are bias to rich and don't give the middle class a chance.
    Do you think players with highest possible gears are able to run this new content without elixers and ankhs?

The simple answer is no.

Why do new people look at rich as if they were born with all they have in the game ?
    There are many rich who spend real cash to get what they want. There are dedicated farmers who grind their way to be successful. There are merchers who buy sell stuff for a profit.

What should you be asking is how long does it take to become rich?
    Anything under a month to get rich would need you to pump in real cash.
    Anything from 6months to a year would need lots of time farming or selling stuff with support of guildies and friends.

PM me when I am in game and I could pass on some legendary gear that would help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I'm new to Legends been playing for a month now. I'm level 41 and I guess could be considered a end gamer you are only a "early" endgame, needs a lot of gears to be real endgame. in the name "endgame" you see there are a lot of better things than yours, so yours is obviously not "end". The game was awesome until the end game part lol. It's to much corruption and less fun when everything cost millions. And as i see there are also plenty of cheap gears in the market too. if you're new then dont even bother those millions, use the stuff that are appropriate for your situation until you get better. Also I think the new tombs should be removed. For one they are causing alot of dc no it doesnt, there have been dc's before and since halloween event because the population increased vastly and for two it's not fair to the average player who can not afford top gear it's meant for the later end game, and creates a challenge for the game, not just a normal people with a 2k crate gear can just pew pew die the boss (which is what you are asking for). The rich just get richer and inflate prices turning new people to the game away yes they get richer, but they also worked hard for that item to sell to get rich and also they sacrificed their own money too. My suggestion is to create something with a fair playing field and give new comers a chance you had it already, its called "elite" which is just hard enough that a normal crate geared team can complete. Remember the middle class is the majority I supose the "middle" you're talking about is wrong. "middle" is where people had "middle gear" which is between 2k crate gear and 10 million weapons. now the "middle" is the ones who can afford living druid and mythic armor/helm and they can do the tombs and by letting the rich get richer you let them control the economy of YOUR game.
    My responses in bold.
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 11-19-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No the middle is not mythic players the average player has legendary gear. It shows how far out of touch with what's really going on. Here's a idea create a new account don't transfer anything or contact old friends and let's see your stance then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

You can participate in tombs. I can guarantee that your experience in the Planar tombs would not be a great deal more "enjoyable" if you were maxed out set when compared to good legendary gear. Your times would be faster sure and you might not die on mobs, but what makes the difference between who finishes the tombs ie who kills the boss and who doesn't is ankhs.

- Buy some ankhs and use them sparingly, for example only at boss. In fact, this weekend we are being given 25 ankh for free!

- To further improve your experience, you could check with your party if people have them before you start, by politely asking "Did everyone remember to bring ankhs?" This is also nice because many players in legendary gear are not aware that this is a necessity right now for all players so if they say no you take this opportunity to explain to them how/why they're going to be useful.

- Stun pets are being used pretty heavily right now. Although these bosses can sometimes be completed without everyone using a stun pet, I'd say just about 100% of pickup groups is going to be using them so invest in a Kelvin.

-Complete all three Planar tombs as a priority rather than farming tomb 1. This will make you finish the main quest and give you access to the daily quest. Once you have the daily quest you will receive 10 essences daily for completing 3 planar runs and this can be completed by running tomb 1 three times.

Make sure you have the best pets for your class asap. I'd say pets are a primary investment because they stay and grow with your toon whereas gear becomes outdated. There are some great pets like mali and ribbit which you can easily farm / buy for yourself if you are working on a budget and if you have more cash available and don't know which pet to go for ask your guild for advice!

Finally:

If you do decide that planar tombs is not going to be the fastest or most efficient way to make gold for yourself right now (and although I do think you can participate there, I do think its quite an ambitious way to make gold for a newly capped player) just know this: there are many ways to make gold. Quite a few people who are on top now in terms of gear and gold... got there by grinding it out day in day out for weeks/months in km3 farming for crates and then selling them during events, or turning them into event crates during events and selling those. Its not glamourous but it has fancy results in the long run :P

I do agree with your points but since I don't see STG releasing new content or making the changes people are asking for in the near future, especially with all the dc issues going on, thats the best advice I can give you to work with what we have

Best of luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The middle class are those that have crate weapons (or lower valued Magma weapons), Druid/Spirit helm and armor, Elondorian or lower level Archons and decent amulets.

This type of gear is more than serviceable in any Elite map and is very affordable. Gear disparities should not be used as a crutch to explain why people cannot run elites effectively. You may not be able to crank out 5 minute runs, but you can certainly complete the maps and make a few coins on the loot if you get lucky.

Further, instead of all the pixel envy, realize that this is a social game....get in with a good guild, make friends, enjoy your time and take from it what you can as far as entertainment goes. I don't know why everyone gets so fixated on class disparity. Up until the end of the Shuyal expansion, I had never owned a mythic item, but I still enjoyed running elites and found some success along the way.

Now, as a (formerly) maxed out player, I can tell you that the gear does not make things more fun.

The most fun I've ever had running elites was way, way back, before elite Bael was nerfed in season 2. Me and a group of friends kept getting hammered, cracking jokes along the way, calling each other noobs for dying all the time, but when we finished, we realized that we had a blast. Now, with top gear and tons of experience, it seems the only excitement comes from LB runs, super-mega pulls, hardcore multi-hour farming sessions....the game had lost some of the fun. The only fun times come from experimenting...stumbling along together as fresh noobs on new expansions/maps, developing strategies all while mindlessly wisecracking on eachother.

There is great satisfaction in discovery, sharing and friendship.....far more than any geeked out item could possibly offer.

Keep in mind, there were a lot of complaints when Tindirin came out...it's too hard, mobs too OP, loot stinks, etc., yet take a look at the leaderboard times right now....mostly 5-6 minutes for each map. Certainly, there will be some refinements in the Planar Tombs, and new strategies will be developed, and more and more folk will be comfortable running there, but instead of complaining, you should realize that NOW is the time that farming will offer the greatest rewards. Most of the hardcore farmers make MILLIONS in the first few weeks of any expansion. It's hard, maybe even unfair, but with very low supply and very high demand, this is what every farmer dreams of.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The new tombs are designed to be the very hardest content in the game. This means it is designed for players who have worked their hides off for many months, up to 2 years, to earn what they have. This content is giving those players something to sink their teeth into, something that makes all that saving and skill building necessary.

For a player a month in at level 41, this is not content you are ready for. Before even considering these tombs, you should have at least all your normal map and elite map ap completed, including tinderin and at least half of the arena ap's. I use ap's as a guide, because gaining all your pve achievements is training and skill building necessary for this content.

You need to learn to walk before you can run, and not all people who know how to run can compete in a marathon. You need training, conditioning and experience. This takes time, and a month is not nearly enough.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: