Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh Perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks you are all completely right. Right now I have the best legendary gear for lvl 41 warrior. I have the normal map completed, stuck on Nordor Elite and halfway through the ap. I farm Kelvin 8 hours a day. It's hard to get elite loot do to dc. Hopefully I can still profit off the tombs when I become mythic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulnaj View Post
    I was once on your position. I didnt complain about end game content, you have so many things to do in game.

There are also alot of things to get rich / gold.

As for the one saying "must have content for everyone not only for rich and hardcore" really? They worked their way up there and you want to be the same as them without the hard work? Come on.
    *whispers* some of them plat hacked their way before using newbie toons, buying plat to get the bonus first time, and then plat hacking the rest :P but don tell me i told you.. so shhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    Yeah.. for me, the best part of this game is leveling. Can't wait the new level cap
    Dang. that doesn't say much about the game

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer View Post
    *whispers* some of them plat hacked their way before using newbie toons, buying plat to get the bonus first time, and then plat hacking the rest :P but don tell me i told you.. so shhhhh
    I am aware of what certain players used to do I've been playing this game for coming up 2 years. But not everyone with gold farmed plat and its not really constructive to bring that up here -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The middle class are those that have crate weapons (or lower valued Magma weapons), Druid/Spirit helm and armor, Elondorian or lower level Archons and decent amulets.

This type of gear is more than serviceable in any Elite map and is very affordable. Gear disparities should not be used as a crutch to explain why people cannot run elites effectively. You may not be able to crank out 5 minute runs, but you can certainly complete the maps and make a few coins on the loot if you get lucky.

Further, instead of all the pixel envy, realize that this is a social game....get in with a good guild, make friends, enjoy your time and take from it what you can as far as entertainment goes. I don't know why everyone gets so fixated on class disparity. Up until the end of the Shuyal expansion, I had never owned a mythic item, but I still enjoyed running elites and found some success along the way.

Now, as a (formerly) maxed out player, I can tell you that the gear does not make things more fun.

The most fun I've ever had running elites was way, way back, before elite Bael was nerfed in season 2. Me and a group of friends kept getting hammered, cracking jokes along the way, calling each other noobs for dying all the time, but when we finished, we realized that we had a blast. Now, with top gear and tons of experience, it seems the only excitement comes from LB runs, super-mega pulls, hardcore multi-hour farming sessions....the game had lost some of the fun. The only fun times come from experimenting...stumbling along together as fresh noobs on new expansions/maps, developing strategies all while mindlessly wisecracking on eachother.

There is great satisfaction in discovery, sharing and friendship.....far more than any geeked out item could possibly offer.

Keep in mind, there were a lot of complaints when Tindirin came out...it's too hard, mobs too OP, loot stinks, etc., yet take a look at the leaderboard times right now....mostly 5-6 minutes for each map. Certainly, there will be some refinements in the Planar Tombs, and new strategies will be developed, and more and more folk will be comfortable running there, but instead of complaining, you should realize that NOW is the time that farming will offer the greatest rewards. Most of the hardcore farmers make MILLIONS in the first few weeks of any expansion. It's hard, maybe even unfair, but with very low supply and very high demand, this is what every farmer dreams of.
    Your inbox is full.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haifer View Post
    Your inbox is full.
    Should be better now.... Just changed up my inbox and sent folders

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post: