Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
It's funny, you know. The assumption that people who's names are well known are elitist, overly rich snobs who spend their entire lives in the game.

1) Most people who are "well known" are known due to forum participation, which is totally separate from the game.
2) You do not have to be rich at all to be "well known" or respected. You only need to be intelligent and well-spoken.
3) Most top players do not spend their entire lives in the game, and you do not need to do so to have good gear and be a successful player.

This kind of condescending, hateful attitude towards people who work hard and take pride in accomplishing things is all too common and makes absolutely no sense. The only reason I have ever been able to work out for it, is jealousy and/or laziness.

"I have no drive or ambition to succeed so I will put down those who do so I feel better about my own mediocrity"

I find that attitude sad, whereas I have great respect for someone who is willing to spend time and effort to achieve something they want.
Oh you're totally right .. I agree with you.. I'm not dissing those who spend time, effort, and/or money in the game .. I'm ok with it , but as I stated before .. This is my experience of playing a little well over year IN GAME .. Meaning yeah, there are obviously well known and respected players who are generous and helpful. But most of the "elitists" in game are gross, from my experience. I know a few players on LB who I used to run with all the time in the days where I used to play AL all the time .. But sadly after I made my comeback, the AL community changed because most of my friends quit.. And honestly speaking it is a bit hard to make friends nowadays, seeing how most of the AL decent players today are all into in game drama as if the AL world is real life.. I'm guessing most players in game are children 10-16 years old seeing how they curse in PvP all day and if it's in a run , they get mad when they die .. It's sad and sickening.. I'm sorry if I offended you but it's all what I have been seeing lately.. Which is why I'm currently guildless.. I don't like dealing wih in game drama ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk