Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My own thoughts of the community

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default My own thoughts of the community

Ok.. So I've been on and off in this game, playing when I can and dedicating some time to it.. I've played this game since the first cap I think .. What I would like to say so far is that I see four main large groups that this entire community falls under.. Here they are..

1) PvP Whiners:
    - These guys are always complaining that either the tanks or any other class other than their own has become too strong in the PvP Playground and are enraged that they suck against any decent player. They whine that one class has gotten a little more powerful. Or they simply complain whenever they see a bigger no life in their little playground. Guess what folks.. The world of AL doesn't revolve around you..

2) Beggars/Scammers:
    - These guys would do anything to get their hands on free gold/vanity/equipment. Even if it means getting banned.. They are so focused on getting their hands on money that they stay in any town, just saying the same things over and over again.. They even force you to trade sometimes.. Guess what folks .. All the time of your short life you're spending begging or trying to give someone "double their money" .. You can at least earn it yourself..

3) The Part Time/Average Player:
    - The basic bunch.. Those who barely talk except they if they want to party up for wt4.. Or any basic run with people they don't know.. These players usually take a while to cap, as myself.. They play when they can and don't really bother anyone.. I like these guys.. They make up majority of AL's great community.

4) The "ELITE"/ Hardcore/ No Life:
    - The 1% of AL's community that everyone has heard about and are so "Legendary".. The 1%'ers that are all insanely rich and are spending majority of their waking life in the game that thy forget that there is a life outside of Arlor. These folks never repaid to PM's by "randoms" and when they do they are usually rude as hell. They wear their shiny and bright armor and look down at every other player as if they are so much greater.. Guess what? It's a game .. Get over yourself..

This is something that probably has been posted before but I just had to make this post because that's the 4 types of players I usually run into ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

The Middle Class Hard Workers, the laborers of Arlor? How can you forget these people, the people who play the game, who aren't the top geared plat spenders, the people who work hard for their gear,the people who run elites, run events, and run for fun!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    The Middle Class Hard Workers, the laborers of Arlor? How can you forget these people, the people who play the game, who aren't the top geared plat spenders, the people who work hard for their gear,the people who run elites, run events, and run for fun!
    Lol that's all under the part time player/ average .. They at to play and work for what they got . We're in the same boat bruh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    Lol that's all under the part time player/ average .. They at to play and work for what they got . We're in the same boat bruh
    The way you described them made the middle class'ers look like lazy derps
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Lol I guess it was an accident, I know I'm too lazy to cap

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

That's how mmos are get used to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiph View Post
    That's how mmos are get used to it
    Lol never said I had a problem first of all. Second .. I've been playing this game for quite some time so shhhhh.. Thanks I kinda forgot about ppl like you.. Should add another group .. The group where there are angry lil kids who poke their noses giving their two cents when it's not really needed .. Where they're constantly disrespectful because their home lives are boring so they spend most of the day online being bullies because they're constantly abused at grade school.

Last edited by Szangheili; 11-18-2014 at 05:53 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Szangheili For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Naw man

90% quit
    9% twink
    1% farmer

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

-.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There is a whole spectrum of people in between and I think these are merely the extremes
    Not every rich person is mean, glorious, and selfish. Sure there are some, but there are very nice ones as well. Not every pvp whiner gets to have friends that support him/her and are probably frustrated and just want to get better, not every scammer understands ethics and what is right and wrong, not every beggar is dumb and poor they are just doing what they think is creative to get money, not every average player grinds wt4 and parties with randoms. Every player is unique and has their entity. Guilds are a great way to become a part of the community, and this is key, we shouldnt be categorized or steryotyped into 4 categories, AL is one big group and community, not four separate types of people because there are a variety of people.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogoeswoof For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It's funny, you know. The assumption that people who's names are well known are elitist, overly rich snobs who spend their entire lives in the game.

1) Most people who are "well known" are known due to forum participation, which is totally separate from the game.
    2) You do not have to be rich at all to be "well known" or respected. You only need to be intelligent and well-spoken.
    3) Most top players do not spend their entire lives in the game, and you do not need to do so to have good gear and be a successful player.

This kind of condescending, hateful attitude towards people who work hard and take pride in accomplishing things is all too common and makes absolutely no sense. The only reason I have ever been able to work out for it, is jealousy and/or laziness.

"I have no drive or ambition to succeed so I will put down those who do so I feel better about my own mediocrity"

I find that attitude sad, whereas I have great respect for someone who is willing to spend time and effort to achieve something they want.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-18-2014 at 09:07 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

jiph...
    you should honestly stop with your attitude in some of these threads im honestly shocked you havnt been banned yet. people are fed up with your bs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It's funny, you know. The assumption that people who's names are well known are elitist, overly rich snobs who spend their entire lives in the game.

1) Most people who are "well known" are known due to forum participation, which is totally separate from the game.
    2) You do not have to be rich at all to be "well known" or respected. You only need to be intelligent and well-spoken.
    3) Most top players do not spend their entire lives in the game, and you do not need to do so to have good gear and be a successful player.

This kind of condescending, hateful attitude towards people who work hard and take pride in accomplishing things is all too common and makes absolutely no sense. The only reason I have ever been able to work out for it, is jealousy and/or laziness.

"I have no drive or ambition to succeed so I will put down those who do so I feel better about my own mediocrity"

I find that attitude sad, whereas I have great respect for someone who is willing to spend time and effort to achieve something they want.
    Oh you're totally right .. I agree with you.. I'm not dissing those who spend time, effort, and/or money in the game .. I'm ok with it , but as I stated before .. This is my experience of playing a little well over year IN GAME .. Meaning yeah, there are obviously well known and respected players who are generous and helpful. But most of the "elitists" in game are gross, from my experience. I know a few players on LB who I used to run with all the time in the days where I used to play AL all the time .. But sadly after I made my comeback, the AL community changed because most of my friends quit.. And honestly speaking it is a bit hard to make friends nowadays, seeing how most of the AL decent players today are all into in game drama as if the AL world is real life.. I'm guessing most players in game are children 10-16 years old seeing how they curse in PvP all day and if it's in a run , they get mad when they die .. It's sad and sickening.. I'm sorry if I offended you but it's all what I have been seeing lately.. Which is why I'm currently guildless.. I don't like dealing wih in game drama ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    There is a whole spectrum of people in between and I think these are merely the extremes
    Not every rich person is mean, glorious, and selfish. Sure there are some, but there are very nice ones as well. Not every pvp whiner gets to have friends that support him/her and are probably frustrated and just want to get better, not every scammer understands ethics and what is right and wrong, not every beggar is dumb and poor they are just doing what they think is creative to get money, not every average player grinds wt4 and parties with randoms. Every player is unique and has their entity. Guilds are a great way to become a part of the community, and this is key, we shouldnt be categorized or steryotyped into 4 categories, AL is one big group and community, not four separate types of people because there are a variety of people.
    I agree , but I think people are taking my words out of context .. This is what I MOSTLY see, yeah it's obvious every player is different.. It's the same as the real world .. But MOST people can be categorized depending on their actions ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

A lot of people don't tend to socialize outside guild groups. This understandably makes it difficult for new or returning players to be brought into the fold. I think it's mostly a comfort-zone thing, that many are reluctant to break out of.

I know it can seem like it in some areas of the game, but not everyone is about drama. In fact there are a growing number of end-game guilds who are either low-drama or totally drama-free. They are mostly adult guilds but do tend to have entry requirements in place. This is usually not to be elitist, but to ensure they get the kind of people they are looking for.

If I were in a similar situation to yours, I'd try looking through the pages in the guild forum and see which groups suited my play-style. From there, it might be a good idea to chat with someone from each of the guilds that look suitable in order to figure out which would work the best. You never know what you might find - it could be a pleasant surprise.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

You forgot the Hardcore plat farmer class.
    How to recognize a plat farmer?
    Anyone below 25 with no job that still schools has multiple ios device carring arcane pets and full mythic gears.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-18-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

There is the small, but highly visible population in the game that probably would qualify under your elite list (being max or near max geared), but are happy to PUG it out, gives gear to those he/she thinks has some skill but lacks in equipment, enjoys teaching/mentoring others and is always willing to lend a hand when asked. Granted, it is a small group, but probably has a lot of names you would recognize, yet are some of the most humble folk I've come to know.

There are the hardcore twinks that know everything about build, gear and pet selection for a specific level, that they could probably answer any and all questions without even having to stop and think about it.

There are the locked farmers that have found all the best farming spots for locked crates...everywhere from Brackenridge and Goldmine to KM3, and probably have the most efficient farming strategies around to maximize reroll elixirs.

There are the pro-merchants that can buy and sell everything in game, give you market value price quotes and merchant prices with barely a moment to think about it. These folks are dictionaries when it comes to discontinued and rare items.

Pretty much all the useful, helpful information in this game...the collective intelligence of AL, is sourced from these people.

Broad brushing the population of this game into these four categories somehow seems to denigrate everyone without directly intending to do so. As much as I find the PvP whiners, the beggars/scammers, elite snobs and barely motivated average joes distasteful labels, the fact is that this is all part of the colorful tapestry that is any MMO.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Jiph stop being negative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I see where you guys are coming from when you talk about players individually.. I guess it was my own frustration when it came down to these 4 categories .. I have had a lot of old players who as GoodSyntax has mentioned, were generous and really cool players, and seeing how they no longer play I guess I had issues finding replacement friends. In the real world I find it hard to make friends if I don't see a connection , and seeing how this is a video game I find it much harder since I barely even message anyone .. Yeah you guys are totally right , there are a few good and generous players out there .. The post I made , was my experience as a whole coming back into AL and seeing a new wave of players who , again as a whole are just not the same as the old players who I was used to playing with from the 16 cap all the way to the 31.. I guess missing the 36 cap, was a huge change in the game .. But I'm sure if I keep looking around and try a bit harder I'll find a suitable group of friends to play with.. Solo'ing wt3 or finding random players for wt4 or even playing other maps with strangers is something im quickly getting sick of ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If you find a tight group of endgame players you like and respect you mostly depends on you and how you relate with others.
    The time of generosity has end, personally i rarely help anyone if he doesn't come to me first and i see he is a NEW player that needs ENCOURAGEMENT to continue to play or cap, i know how hard it is to cap the first time ...when you are afraid to use your last 10 pots and have 0 gold in your stash.

You will rarely see free handouts except you are in a tight group or Remiem holds a contest.
    So open up and try to make friends, be expansive and nice. Just go with random players you have a good vibe with doesnt matter if they are generous or not be sly and wise don't get tricked. Be nice but not stupid. If your are nice with others they will be nice to you too. Then forget #1 guilds on lb, they are coves of serpents and backstabbers go with a noob guild and start from there help it grow and when you are ready move on to new adventures but keep your old friends.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-19-2014 at 01:42 AM.