Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do all the work and get nothing

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kopi View Post
    in other online games i played, there's this 'looting right', only those players have done enough damage to the boss gets the right to loot his drop. And i actually like that idea. We don't have the issue of a low level tagging behind and getting good drops
    I have to admit I like this idea, but what about those groups that like to have a mage sit outside just in case the party gets KO'ed (Overlord, K&Q, etc.) I've seen groups do it, I don't think it's the best tactic, but I know it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kopi View Post
    in other online games i played, there's this 'looting right', only those players have done enough damage to the boss gets the right to loot his drop. And i actually like that idea. We don't have the issue of a low level tagging behind and getting good drops
    I hate games like that. I played another mobile MMO that used that system for XP, and it took so long to level a healer that I just quit. Tanks and support mages would get screwed by a system like that. It's really most fair as it is now, everything's random so no one else affects your drop.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Most Dmg dealed/ kills/ least deaths averaged or something=higher chance to loot would be uncheatable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Most Dmg dealed/ kills/ least deaths averaged or something=higher chance to loot would be uncheatable.
    The only way it would ever really be fair (and I doubt it is feasible) would be if damage healed by mages, and aggro held by tanks also entered into the equation. If not, no one would play anything but birds, and maybe a fee mages.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I tend to agree but there is so much other things that could be worked on right now that I see this as a very minor issue. Personally I think dead people should not get anything ever. I don't care how much they contributed... they still died.
    You die when you get aggro. With that reasoning, people will stop contributing because then they get less aggro, be less likely to die, more likely to get loot. So why would anyone try their best if it could them killed and make them lose out on loot? Why would a bear bother to taunt? Let someone else take aggro because I'd want the loot lol.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ok then....
    Total Damage Dealed-every 5k dmg dealed to mobs=0.5?% of loot?
    Total Damage Recovered (as in heal)-every 3k dmg healed=0.5% of loot?
    Total Damage Taken=every 2k dmg taken=0.5% of loot?
    Total Mobs with aggro kept=every 5 mobs=0.5% of loot?
    Total Deaths=Every death=-0.1% of loot?
    Dead when boss drops=-5% of loot.

Better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Better?
    Better than drops being based purely on damage? Yes. Better than the current random system? Not really IMO. If you find people who don't contribute, just don't play with them any more The current system works fine for me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I was in one of your groups yesterday and got a pink on my int mage. I died at the end since everyone thought it would be fun to either run towards me or stay grouped with everyone else when they got the "fever". I was timing my mana shield and spamming my pots, but it's hard to survive in robes when everyone is just trying to nuke the boss with no strategy. Normally, I would release and run back but gold fever was probably 20 seconds from being dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Not to mention then people wearing top tier gear come into the equation, and all bears will go from tanks to bearsurkers, mages will no longer have rev, because the invest all in damage, archers will worry more about damage than dps and debuffing, 1H weapons will become nearly dead. So manu things will happen to make it worse, I prefer random.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about if the boss has less than say... 1/10 of their health left and someone dies, they get the loot. Otherwise, they dont.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    You die when you get aggro. With that reasoning, people will stop contributing because then they get less aggro, be less likely to die, more likely to get loot. So why would anyone try their best if it could them killed and make them lose out on loot? Why would a bear bother to taunt? Let someone else take aggro because I'd want the loot lol.
    I disagree. If that happened then the group would not be able to defeat the boss. I have been with plenty of party who did bosses without dying every few seconds. If a bear does not taunt and get agrro then the boss will go for the birds first and mage next... Next thing you know the bear is alone with no healer... I am saying you should not get loot if you are dead when the boss is defeated. Still get loot if someone revs you in time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've played with many bears who don't taunt. I can't count how many times my bird and mage ended up tanking on bosses like the keeper. Some bears think they're just dps and never taunt, I can tell when the taunt icon is never under their name. Also, if something like this happened, there will be mages who don't Rez people just to be jerks. I remember once in plasma there was only one Mage, my friend died and the Mage just said "haha" and didn't Rez him. People like that will abuse this so that others won't get drops. Of course there are good groups and bad groups, and if you play in a party of friends you know you can trust them. But I play in a lot of PUGs, and PUGs are like a box of chocolates..you never know what you're gonna get!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm an int mage. I die a lot because I'm squishy and pure mages have the worst armor in the game... And the tougher the boss, the more likely I'll die. A lot of bosses can one-hit kill me. But as long as I can stay alive, I'm spamming heal and rez to keep the rest of the group alive, not to mention the huge amounts of damage I can deal in between healing and rez'ing.

It's not really fair to let me out of the loot just because I'm built soft. I don't mind trading poor defense for having awesome offence; I like being strong and being able to help my team so much. Just because I'm dead when the boss goes down doesn't mean I wasn't a large part of helping to put him down.

Each class does something different on a team. Bears don't have as many kills but keep bosses away. Mages heal and rez but die a lot themselves. Birds can debuff and do great range attacks, but aren't as powerful as mages. The only fair way is to keep things the way they are.

Which means sometimes a lvl 2 will wander into the boss battle just as he dies and gets that rare pink. It means that doofus who kept running ahead and aggroing the entire dungeon and pulling them back to the group might get the best drop. And sometimes you'll be the best member of the team and get that drop yourself. Random.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am all for random drops. But I still think that dead people should get nothing. How many times have you gotten a drop while dead? Also if you are the only mage in the group and the players are not protecting you then why in the world are you bothering with them to begin with? I wouldn't heal them at all and just leave the instance. But then again this is a very minor issue with the game and would rather see the devs release the world famous and long awaited squirrel suit than spend time on changing the way drops are awarded...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I am all for random drops. But I still think that dead people should get nothing. How many times have you gotten a drop while dead? Also if you are the only mage in the group and the players are not protecting you then why in the world are you bothering with them to begin with? I wouldn't heal them at all and just leave the instance. But then again this is a very minor issue with the game and would rather see the devs release the world famous and long awaited squirrel suit than spend time on changing the way drops are awarded...
    I got a zuraz shock lance dead once while I was AFK, but I gave it to the guy that was still there after I was not AFK anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've played with many bears who don't taunt. I can't count how many times my bird and mage ended up tanking on bosses like the keeper. Some bears think they're just dps and never taunt, I can tell when the taunt icon is never under their name. Also, if something like this happened, there will be mages who don't Rez people just to be jerks. I remember once in plasma there was only one Mage, my friend died and the Mage just said "haha" and didn't Rez him. People like that will abuse this so that others won't get drops. Of course there are good groups and bad groups, and if you play in a party of friends you know you can trust them. But I play in a lot of PUGs, and PUGs are like a box of chocolates..you never know what you're gonna get!
    Hehe, this morning, we met a bear who didn't have taunt in his skills... Well, he was honest enough to tell it to me in PM after I asked him 2-3 times. The weird thing is that he didn't even know what was taunt. So, I checked him and he had about 11k kills, some in PVP and he had completed almost all the quests. Very weird...at some point, I even wondered if some players sold their account despite the fact that it's prohibited.
    Or this guy just has no curiosity...

EDIT: to get back to the subject. It's better to remain random. This morning, I died twice just before Gold fever went down and nobody can say I was useless.
    Last edited by Ona; 02-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Onascaabatie - Bird, lvl50
    Papale - Mage, lvl50
    Ihatealiens - Warrior, lvl50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ona View Post
    Hehe, this morning, we met a bear who didn't have taunt in his skills... Well, he was honest enough to tell it to me in PM after I asked him 2-3 times. The weird thing is that he didn't even know what was taunt. So, I checked him and he had about 11k kills, some in PVP and he had completed almost all the quests. Very weird...at some point, I even wondered if some players sold their account despite the fact that it's prohibited.
    Or this guy is just the less curious person on earth...
    I had to respect to get taunt back a little while ago. For some reason I was originally convinced it did not work and was useless...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Taunt is one of those skills that you automatically get a point in. He must have respecced at some point, that's the only way he wouldn't have taunt. Unless someone is a Pvp twink, they should have taunt. Or they have no intention of tanking...Which is annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Taunt is one of those skills that you automatically get a point in. He must have respecced at some point, that's the only way he wouldn't have taunt. Unless someone is a Pvp twink, they should have taunt. Or they have no intention of tanking...Which is annoying
    Might have done what I did in the past. Thought it did not work and took the point back... I drove my first bear up to level 48 or so without taunt...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This became a major issue for many players when items became more and more expenive. Before alien oasis came, pink items would go to the player who needed it no matter who recieved the item. Moarpoopie tried to expain this to Snub. And yes, Snub died right in the beginning of the fight and layed there until he got the pink drop. Which is always the case. Its seems pinks usually drop for the weakest or lowest level player in the group as mentioned in many other forums.

I'm always fair with my drops as many old school players know. I remember when the rift set just came out I was one of the first to get a Skull Shield which went to my good friend Fattmando. Myself and Blessknight would also farm together for a thoth talon and we would either split the the profit or trade for another pink. Those were the days......

Finally solution: Make a MAX CAP for item drops. Of course Spacetimestudios would never do this because they would make less money. I'm sure leechers would have plenty to say as well. As many of my good friends leave or play less I think I will have to do the same.

I really enjoyed Pocket Legends too.