Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do all the work and get nothing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol, i doubt you did "all the work" if a boss is 1/100th hp, and you kill it, its not all the work. Tanks only have it hard when its the "Queen/king divorce making" And even then, we dont cry on the forums. ^.^

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brims View Post
    Finally solution: Make a MAX CAP for item drops...
    hell no. That would kill farming, and EVERYONE farms at some point so that's just a terrible idea... Unless of course you meant a minimum level requirement to obtain better drops.... That would definitely work
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    Bad idea it's not someones fault they die when boss is nearly dead if u where them would u Respawn and miss out. I doubt it so why stop others.

Also the drops are random and something I figured out. The person with the least deaths from that run has a higher chance of getting good drop.
    Yea your right i was joining a freind in vl they were killing keeper so i joined in and i didnt die and when i killed keeper i got a force cutter of the rift lol
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If dead == no loot, here come the bears. If I play my bird or mage and tough it out the whole fight, taking aggro cause the bear won't taunt and then die at the last second, I should get no loot? Nonsense. Suck it up, it's a roll for everyone and someone else getting something good has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with your outcome.

Sorry, but this is a terrible idea. It would lead to the above mentioned 'mage ignores' along with people shirking the fight and lurking away from bosses, etc.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I hate games like that. I played another mobile MMO that used that system for XP, and it took so long to level a healer that I just quit. Tanks and support mages would get screwed by a system like that. It's really most fair as it is now, everything's random so no one else affects your drop.
    Agreed. As a pure int mage as my main, it's true that I do a substantial amount of damage, even against bosses but I die a lot more.

The current system, although imperfect is the way to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have no problems with the current system. If someone is so bad, don't play with them again. Leave ASAP. If most of your group is hopeless, again leave. It's in your self-interest to find a more fun place to play.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally feel your pain; just finshed a round in which the whole party (of mages) died in the beginning of trash heap. My bird somehow survived despite being the lowest lvl in the room and was left to solo while one heartful mage respawned and tried to make her way back. Unfortunately she died again upon hitting the chamber and was just out of range for rez. Bless her heart, she made the journy again just in time for the drop. All this time there are 3 dead mages on the floor. It must have been somewhere in that 2-3 min window because 2 of them didn't recieve a drop while the third received 2 drops. Yup, dead guy got two drops. (bug?)

Reguardless, I still believe the system in place is the most fair option anyone has mentioned. I might be ticked that folks are too lazy to walk, but I think I'll just have to suck it up and remember not to play with those... people again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There must be something kind of in place already. I was just in a group that killed the goblin king. Before any of us joined, there was this dead bear in the boss room. Mages revived him but he never got up, never respawned, just stayed on the ground. I could tell he wasn't afk because I saw him go busy next to his name..like he was opening menus.

Anyway, we killed the goblin king but this leecher got no drop. I don't know if it's because he was dead so long or because he did 0 damage to the boss, but he got nothing. I'm perfectly ok with this, if you're dead to begin with and just sit there while everyone else does to work, and you don't even get up..then you deserve nothing. But i still don't think it would be fair to penalize people who did work and just happen to die before the boss dies.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage