Thread: Stahl Arena + Enraged Stone + Warrior in arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Default Stahl Arena + Enraged Stone + Warrior in arena.

Whenever I'm in arena with my warrior, if I try to attack Stahl but the enrage stone is there, my warrior will almost always attack the enrage stone instead.

Examples:

Stahl is in front of me, I do a skyward smash. My warrior will jump backwards, over Stahl or wherever the enraged stone is instead of attacking Stahl.

If I do a charged autoattack, it'll whiff if the enraged stone is somewhat nearby. The charged autoattack will just whiff and hit air (as if it wanted to hit the enrage stone and not Stahl).

So unless I'm running with 3 near-max/max rogues, Stahl will always enrage and then cause a ruckus afterwards since I'm not adding to the dmg. (I could have added some dmg)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

True. I think this might explain it:

Stahl is known to be visually bugged when jumping around. Ever noticed those times where using skills like skysmash and pierce direct you in a different, seemingly empty spot, around Stahl? That empty spot is where his actual location is. So, in reality, you could be closer to the obelisk than the boss and your skysmash hitting the obelisk would be a reasonable thing to happen.

To explain what I mean on visually bugged. You know when sometimes you use Gale(mostly) or another dash skill and then if you don't press any movement key, your character seems to backtrack till a certain point around the middle of the distance you just covered with that dash? Imagine the same happening when Stahl dashes around but instead, Stahl doesn't backtrack (most of the times). That's making the boss appear in a different spot than where he's actually standing.

Attacking the "image" of him is mostly not an issue since projectiles still fly his way (and they appear to hit his image too, not the empty spot). But when it comes to melee dash skills deciding the closest target, it raises questions like the one raised by the OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

the enraged stone?

I believe you are referring to the "Obelisk"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I've noticed that the last few times I have fought him also. I think they adjusted the thing where you could not pierce close to him, since with other area effects, pierce will now (usually) work properly.

However, now with the obelisk enrage whateveritis, I always end up going backwards and hitting the stone instead of Stahl.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I've noticed that the last few times I have fought him also. I think they adjusted the thing where you could not pierce close to him, since with other area effects, pierce will now (usually) work properly.

However, now with the obelisk enrage whateveritis, I always end up going backwards and hitting the stone instead of Stahl.
    my planar crystal hurted my feelings...we were right next to the gate (blades) and when i charged my wep and when it proced...i have no idea why the hell the crystal spawned right in front of the obelisk and not the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Ah ok. So its not a particular class issue but just an issue possibly with Stahl and/or the environment as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Ah ok. So its not a particular class issue but just an issue possibly with Stahl and/or the environment as well.
    Maybe rav, its probably a range bug....u know what i mean...the weapon shud attack the particular mob. But attacking a mob almost at the end of the range or off range is kinda crazy. It must / can be a bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Yeah. But I dont have this issue in any other circumstance in arena or anywhere else really. Not sure if I have the issue with Stahl and another environment.